πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Didnt you guys have a dude busted with weed and guns last year?

2. Was Zeke not clean before this? I dont remember reading any character concerns when he came out of college.

Like others say Huff was cut like right away

There were some, mostly that he was just kind of a privileged jerk outside of the domestic abuse accusations.
Nothing really unique, but there was a certain pattern of behavior that some teams (like the Cowboys) that didn't care about it, and others that it raised a red-flag (like it typically does with the Eagles.

Β 

I'm not really arguing either side...I'm just saying Zeke wasn't without fault in terms of his public image he's painted for himself. Which seems to be what the league has reacted to.
It's not a totally clean and defensible person being taken down by the league out of the blue.
It's a kind of privileged ahole, who's had a history of perpetuating his own crappiness. It makes it easily believable that worse stuff happened. And makes people not get up in arms for the guy when this inevitably (in today's NFL) came down on him....that's why we are in this place now.

But again that shouldn't result in missing games unless they found out something that they haven't said.
And it bothers me sometimes that the Eagles pass up guys who aren't so great sometimes, because it hurts us a lot I think.

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The only pre draft rumors I heard about Zeke were that he and Bosa liked to party and do Molly. Neither ever failed a drug test though so more hearsay than anything.

I think there were bad fan interactions, but that might've been post draft..I know some of them were.
There has been a lot of drug stuff, some of which came up in the abuse case with deleted texts.
But I honestly don't care about it as long of guys keep it in check and are smart about it

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I'm not really arguing either side...I'm just saying Zeke wasn't without fault in terms of his public image he's painted for himself. Which seems to be what the league has reacted to.

Yeah he isn't helping himself.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't trust anyone that sees Jerry Jones' s bigΒ dumb face and doesn't immediately want to smack it....xD

Well, there's some of us who want to do that at times...or all the time.Β 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I'm curious if the NFL will allow Zeke to pull a Tom Brady and drag out his appeal for over a year or rule relatively immediately and cut it to 3/4?

Brady did more than appeal. He went through civil courts filed an injunction with the league. That kind of maneuver from my understanding was unprecedented prior to Brady and he still ended up getting suspended. I doubt Zeke goes through all that time and money of that process.