πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

The difference is that Dak has about no chance of winning the MVP this year... Unless Jackson really drops off, and Dak wins the rest of the games this year. As of right now, Dak is about 4-5 if he is actually in the "Race".

Wentz was the clear cut front runner in 2017. Nobody had a doubt or questions about him being the MVP before he got hurt.Β 

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The difference is that Dak has about no chance of winning the MVP this year... Unless Jackson really drops off, and Dak wins the rest of the games this year. As of right now, Dak is about 4-5 if he is actually in the "Race".

Wentz was the clear cut front runner in 2017. Nobody had a doubt or questions about him being the MVP before he got hurt.Β 

Yeah 2017 was a Brady and Wentz foot race. Wentz would have gotten it.

Dak isn’t gonna sniff the award unless a bunch of people get hurt now.

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Wentz has played one 9 game stretch that was really supreme. There is no denying that.

Β 

There is also no denying he never looked like that before or after

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah 2017 was a Brady and Wentz foot race. Wentz would have gotten it.

Dak isn’t gonna sniff the award unless a bunch of people get hurt now.

Β 

Β 

In the super unlikely scenario that Dak shows out against the Pats, I think that opinion will change.

Of course this scenario involves the impossible... that we beat the Pats by a large margin

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dak sucks

But at least you all have to acknowledge he is same tier as Wentz. Yall shat on Romo, there is literally no excuse now to do the same with Dak.Β 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Dak will make his case for MVP votes and money the rest of the year and possibly playoffs. If he crashes and burns, then he’s just not where his supporters think he is. If he takes the team to a division chip and into the conference game then you have to give him his props and money. He’d have clearly deserved it then. But not now, he’s gotten these bulk stats off of terribleΒ defenses. And the Cowboys are still just an average team currently. Well, slightly better than average record wise. The best defensive team he’s beaten is the Eagles. The Eagles. He’s struggled against every decent defensive team and has annihilated all the bad ones, padding his stats. He’s played NO, NYJ, and the Eagles (somehow) all rated in the top 1/3 or so and he’s thrown a total ofΒ Β 1 TD and 2Β INTs. That’s bad and possibly really telling.Β 

He hasn’t shown enough yet. He needs to prove himself the rest of the year to garner anything.Β 

I point back to the fact that Dak said he wont ask for top money as he hasnt reached top results

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

In the super unlikely scenario that Dak shows out against the Pats, I think that opinion will change.

Of course this scenario involves the impossible... that we beat the Pats by a large margin

It won’t, it has nothing to do with Dak though

Lamer and Wilson just have a sizeable lead and are doing spectacular and dominant play.

Β 

I actually think you all match up well with the Pats...if Zeke finds some juice this game especially,Β instead of playing like a load. Pats taking away the simple things that makes that offense tick is kinda their bread and butter. But if you can run on them you got a shot.

Key Though Β is your coaching staff is so much worse than theirs. Even if you are in it, Jason will find a way to screw it up.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

But at least you all have to acknowledge he is same tier as Wentz. Yall shat on Romo, there is literally no excuse now to do the same with Dak.Β 

I point back to the fact that Dak said he wont ask for top money as he hasnt reached top results

That’s fine and all but what dumbarse player publicly statesΒ that he won’t ask for top money unless he wins a SB this year? Top money resetsΒ itself every year. Stafford was once the top guy. It’s just how these things go. It’s about market value. Not just about pure talent.Β 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So Dak leads the NFL in passing yds (cool)Β ,has 21TD-9INT ,a 6-4 record and he's potentially a League MVP right now? You don't honestly believe that do you? Or think that his season is better then Wentz's 2017 campaign?

Lol Wilson has 23 Touchdown to 2 INT and he isn't going to win it either... Dak doesn't have a chance.Β 

He is just having a couple of good games, he will come down to earth this week and people will forget about this BS MVP talk.Β 

• Like 1

Dak doesn't have a chance at MVP... He definitely is playing the best football of his career by far though, and has improved.

Lamar and Wilson are on teams contending for a bye, who are putting up unreal numbers and perhaps more importantly have been human highlight reels in 2019. That can be just as important, having memorable plays week in and week outΒ (or in Brady's case, memorable comebacks since he's not exactly an electric QB), as the numbers. I will say, if Dak hits a milestone like 5,000 yards I could see him get some votes (assumng playoffs), but that's the only way IMO.

• Like 1

Yeah, MVP is a two man race between Lamar and Russell.

I guess the silver lining to Dak continuing to play well and the Cowboys potentially winning the division is now Dak has even a greater argument to back up the Brinks truck. I will give Dak kudos for this: He's basically played for free for 4 years, won more games than anyone not named Brady, watched his peers get paid,Β and hasn't complained once. If what's being reported is true and the Jones' franchise tag him, that would be beyond insulting. If that happens and Dak doesn't holdout, he's a fool.

15 hours ago, Daimonas said:

If Dak can replicate what he's done so far in this last portion of the season. I have no problems saying he is better than I thought he was.

"Dak makes better and more accurate throws. He is more likely to keep the chains moving. He is better at reading the defense. He is also as good, if not a better, scrambler. He has better pocket presence. He is less likely to take a sack. He is less likely to throw an INT. He is smarter in all aspects of the game." - Matts4313, 2017

#neverforget

PS - I think its funny that you all got so stirred up by Daks name being thrown in the MVP hat. Especially since I pointed out multiple times that he wont win it.