🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Dak will make his case for MVP votes and money the rest of the year and possibly playoffs. If he crashes and burns, then he’s just not where his supporters think he is. If he takes the team to a division chip and into the conference game then you have to give him his props and money. He’d have clearly deserved it then. But not now, he’s gotten these bulk stats off of terrible defenses. And the Cowboys are still just an average team currently. Well, slightly better than average record wise. The best defensive team he’s beaten is the Eagles. The Eagles. He’s struggled against every decent defensive team and has annihilated all the bad ones, padding his stats. He’s played NO, NYJ, and the Eagles (somehow) all rated in the top 1/3 or so and he’s thrown a total of  1 TD and 2 INTs. That’s bad and possibly really telling. 

He hasn’t shown enough yet. He needs to prove himself the rest of the year to garner anything. 

The vikings are #5 scoring defense and he shredded them. One of the INTs was a hailmary, he also had a TD overturned on a bogus call. Against the Jets, half our offense was missing due to injury and he was getting murdered. I legit dont know how he walked out of that stadium alive.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The vikings are #5 scoring defense and he shredded them. One of the INTs was a hailmary, he also had a TD overturned on a bogus call. Against the Jets, half our offense was missing due to injury and he was getting murdered. I legit dont know how he walked out of that stadium alive.

They are middle of the road yardage wise. I posted about the top defenses he’s played. And they still lost the Vikings game. Not blaming him but he had a couple opportunities to win it. 

Point is, which you already know, is that he’s going to have to play this well against way better opponents the second half of the season for his team, as well as himself, to be successful. This is his mountain to climb. Let’s see if he can do it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If what's being reported is true and the Jones' franchise tag him, that would be beyond insulting. If that happens and Dak doesn't holdout, he's a fool.

It would be Kirk Cousins and Daniel Snyder all over again and I'm going to love watching it unfold regardless. He"s like the QB version of Jason Garrett. You tell them We believe in You, We want You , We need You leading this team , You are our Future but are waiting for them to prove they can Win the big one first to prove said validation before extending?

It's the damndest thing I've ever seen because they're Still Doing it!! What if the Cowboys Choke and don't win the NFCE but Dak continues to put up these passing numbers?? That justification for not getting his extension? Once again, Kirk Cousins!! 🍿🍿😎🤞

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

#neverforget

PS - I think its funny that you all got so stirred up by Daks name being thrown in the MVP hat. Especially since I pointed out multiple times that he wont win it.

even you gotta admit. it was pretty preposterous to think that during 2017 specifically. id argue dak is even playing better than his rookie year  this season

in regards to the signature that is

Edited by Daimonas

11 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

even you gotta admit. it was preppy preposterous to think that during 2017 specifically. id argue dak is even playing better than his rookie year  this season

in regards to the signature that is

I wrote that after the 2016 season, and if you remember it was all tied to stats. Its pure irony that we are 4 years in and all those statements are still true.

Dak makes better and more accurate throws.

66 v 63 comp %

He is more likely to keep the chains moving.

ANY/A 7 v 6

He is better at reading the defense. He is also as good, if not a better, scrambler.

higher sack per game

He has better pocket presence. He is less likely to take a sack. He is less likely to throw an INT. He is smarter in all aspects of the game." - Matts4313, 2017

higher int per game

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I wrote that after the 2016 season, and if you remember it was all tied to stats. Its pure irony that we are 4 years in and all those statements are still true.

Dak makes better and more accurate throws.

66 v 63 comp %

He is more likely to keep the chains moving.

ANY/A 7 v 6

He is better at reading the defense. He is also as good, if not a better, scrambler.

higher sack per game

He has better pocket presence. He is less likely to take a sack. He is less likely to throw an INT. He is smarter in all aspects of the game." - Matts4313, 2017

higher int per game

it was like halfway through 2017.

Kinda weird that our defense is the 6th in the league in DVOA. 

Ive watched every snap of every game and I really am not sure it's been even close to that level on film. 

Maybe I'm wrong. It's just a few bad games (namely the Dallas and Minnesota blowouts) that have soured it for me.. 

34 minutes ago, baconrad11 said:

Kinda weird that our defense is the 6th in the league in DVOA. 

Ive watched every snap of every game and I really am not sure it's been even close to that level on film. 

Maybe I'm wrong. It's just a few bad games (namely the Dallas and Minnesota blowouts) that have soured it for me.. 

Definitely doesn't line up w/ eye test for me either, but they've put together 3 great (statistically) defensive performances in a row so it doesn't necessarily surprise me. We'll get a real test this Sunday, Seahawks have a top 10 offense and Wilson has been on fire, if we can slow them down, then I'll be sold that is a good defensive unit. I think it will be a repeat of Green Bay though in regards to constant pressure that goes nowhere since Wilson will just sidestep it, buy time, find open man, repeat.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Definitely doesn't line up w/ eye test for me either, but they've put together 3 great (statistically) defensive performances in a row so it doesn't necessarily surprise me. We'll get a real test this Sunday, Seahawks have a top 10 offense and Wilson has been on fire, if we can slow them down, then I'll be sold that is a good defensive unit. I think it will be a repeat of Green Bay though in regards to constant pressure that goes nowhere since Wilson will just sidestep it, buy time, find open man, repeat.

Yeah. Agreed. 

Wilson is kind of our kryptonite defensively.

Oh @Matts4313 I almost forgot to ask you something....

Have you noticed it Garrett has been clapping on the sideline a LOT less this year? From the Dallas games I've seen, he seems to be not clapping at all like he usually does. Like, I think maybe he got word of his nickname "The Clapper" and now consciously stands on the sideline and thinks to himself "don't clap dont clap don't clap"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baconrad11 said:

Oh @Matts4313 I almost forgot to ask you something....

Have you noticed it Garrett has been clapping on the sideline a LOT less this year? From the Dallas games I've seen, he seems to be not clapping at all like he usually does. Like, I think maybe he got word of his nickname "The Clapper" and now consciously stands on the sideline and thinks to himself "don't clap dont clap don't clap"

Haha....he probably does know. I see him standing with his arms folded a lot of the times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know the game is in Foxboro but with the way the Patriots Offense has been playing, I don't see Dallas losing TBH.

Not without their defense somehow forcing a few Cowboys TO's, and some.

The Cowboys suck against good teams. Patriots win in a blow out. Especially if D Law is less than 90%.

You have to remember that the Cowboys are basically us, just with better WR's, pass pro, and cb's. And a better OC. Hopefully Kellen gets Reich'd by some other team.

Both our teams will lose this week, because we're both playing actual good teams.

Edited by Jeezla