πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

12 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Dude are you dating Dak Prescott? Moved on from the big girls of Texas? I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with one player and proving others wrong*

*Besides that one bananas dude who always propped up Keith RiversΒ 

I know my target audience.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

For sure He’ll have his ups and downs as he learns the game and gains experience. But the biggest knock on him as a prospect was that his arm was just β€œokay”. Β And that doesn’t appear to be the case at all based on preseason and everything we’ve been hearing out of OTAs and training camp. It doesn’t take regular season games to see throwing mechanics, accuracy, and arm strength. The stats may not matter, but you can’t ignore the talent.Β 

I heard Stidham was having a good preseason so I watched his highlights side by side with Jones. Similar stats, but you can see a clear difference in arm talent. You can see which one was a top 10 pick.

You gotta judge a guy’s arm when things aren’t ideal. Any QB in the NFL can deliver most every ball in shorts, a clean drop and a place to step up and deliver. It’s rarely ideal in a game. True arm strength is noticeable, even to novice fans, when the QB has to improvise. It’s the reason footwork is so important. But to be able to rocket a ball on a 20 yard out while a speedyΒ end is closing in and disrupting a standard five step drop is where you’ll seeΒ it. Guys like Rodgers and Mahomes, whoseΒ arms are all-world, can get balls wherever they want at mostly any time is the apex comparison. Now, you don’t have to be that great to be very successful in the NFL but just cause you can sling it 70 yards in the air means what? You can throw a great Hail Mary? Super. Β Nick Foles can throw the ball deep. But it’s a complete rainbow. He’s actually made an art out of being able to drop it in a bucket but it’s highly susceptible to a turnover. There’s quite a few startersΒ that get replaced for those few hail Mary’sΒ a year by the backup QB. But the guy that can consistently throw a rope in less than ideal times 30 yards in a window is the guy you want on the field. I don’t think you get to see a guy’s true β€œarm talent” until game time. I haven’t watched much of any of Daniels. From what I hear he looks justifiably that 1st round pick. But training camp and preseason and the like is usually a very less than optimal way to judge exactly what you’re getting in the way of a quality QB.Β 

TLDR; I’ll judge his arm in the regular season. Where variables can’t be pre determined and he’s got top level talent to help and also go against.Β 

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

For sure He’ll have his ups and downs as he learns the game and gains experience. But the biggest knock on him as a prospect was that his arm was just β€œokay”. Β 

That wasn't the biggest knock though.Β  It was his poor decision-making.

40 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Cowboys new contract!

Jaylon Smith 5 years 64M.Β 

😀

But also 😊 because the Jones’ gonna run out of money sooner than later.Β 

good for Smith, good player.

But yeah, signing the least important position first is a pretty Jones family move.

"Sorry fellas, just not enough to give you that deal no more."

Wonder if Zeke will take his comments about Smith as a shot.

'he's loyal, he always shows up, never misses...'

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

good for Smith, good player.

But yeah, signing the least important position first is a pretty Jones family move.

"Sorry fellas, just not enough to give you that deal no more."

Wonder if Zeke will take his comments about Smith as a shot.

'he's loyal, he always shows up, never misses...'

He was quoted as saying, β€œthere’s definitely less pie to go around now”. Β 

Which is obvious but also a little message toΒ the big 3.Β 

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has had the 8th fewest opportunities tho... so you are wrong

And arm talent. And eye test. And tape test. And stats. Dak wins in all of those.

Β 

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Compared to who?

A note: I think this is a dumb stat for how good a QB is. I understand it’s used as a metric to quantify the β€œclutch” β€œhe’s just a winner” stuff people have spewed for ages. But it’s so situational. I mean Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are in the top ten active and they have been largely middle tier QBs like Dak their whole career.

Β 

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

C'mon @Matts4313 I don't mind debating but if a dude questions your "8th fewest number" and the link you provide to back it up is nfl.com, that's kind of bush league.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Here ya go:

And as an added Bonus:

DzOkvIUUwAE1Nga.jpg

Highest passer rating since 1994 when tied in the 4th/OT (minimum 50 pass attempts):

Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Β 

Β 

C'mon @Matts4313 I don't mind debating but if a dude questions your "8th fewest number" and the link you provide to back it up is nfl.com, that's kind of bush league.

Fine there ya go @Kiltman

• Like 1