πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s easy to sayΒ that in hindsight but it certainly seems they are stuck with him next year. Likely they keep Alshon and DeSean 1 more year, hopefully they load up on WR’s in the draft to try and rebuild that position cheaply long termΒ 

Yeah I'd honestly draft 2 in the first 4 rounds.

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

That he’s only beaten a decent to good team 4 (?) times in the last 3 years?Β 

Β 

Thats quite a twist. Because 1st off, wins and losses are bigger than just the QB. Secondly, his win %Β against teams that are .500 or better is 4th best in the NFL. Lastly he has a 2:1 TD/Turnover rate in those games (which isnt great, but its not terrible). Compare that to other "franchise QBs" and he is head an shoulders above a lot of guys.Β 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I haven't heard anything about that being a possibility. In listening to all the Eagles podcasts, none of those guys have mentioned that so I think we're screwed.

If we June 1st Alshon, it literally does nothing to our cap. He would be released and we wouldn't gain or lose a cent. Next year, June 1sting him saves us $13MΒ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

If we June 1st Alshon, it literally does nothing to our cap. He would be released and we wouldn't gain or lose a cent. Next year, June 1sting him saves us $13MΒ 

Gotcha, didn't know which year but remember hearing June 1st. Oh well, Howie can't predict injury but this is why you don't Guarantee entire seasons with extension.Β 

2020 is basically a free lottery ticket for Alshon, congrats!🍺

22 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats quite a twist. Because 1st off, wins and losses are bigger than just the QB. Secondly, his win %Β against teams that are .500 or better is 4th best in the NFL. Lastly he has a 2:1 TD/Turnover rate in those games (which isnt great, but its not terrible). Compare that to other "franchise QBs" and he is head an shoulders above a lot of guys.Β 

It’s a twist? A lot of guys aren’t what they were 3 years ago. I’m sure you’d argue that Wentz isn’t the MVP caliber player he was 2 years ago. A lot of people would. Point is, recent history is more indicative as to what you are. Especially in the NFL where guys fall off quickly. Hell, last year the Cowboys were wondering how they wereΒ going to afford all these young stars. A year removed and a few guys look to be expendable.

The point was trying to be made around QB wins and losses. You even posted data. Sure, it’s a team sport butΒ the QB is the most important position in sports. And one could argue some of his wins were in spite of him so I’d say W’s and L’s kind of come out in the wash. You are what your record says you are. Give or take a couple.Β 

2016 8-2Β 

2017 3-5

2018 3-4

2019 0-6

Total - 14-17

Thats what I came up with. Excluding playoffs. He’s been living off that first year in this case.Β 

By the way, Wentz is 13-17 in the same criteria. Again, I just ran through the numbers so I could be off a game or two. I don’t know if Dak is β€œhead and shoulders” above much of anyone worth a damn.Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well thank God we won our game, Rams doing us zero favors.

Yeah, I kind of felt like today's game wasn't too meaningful because I assumed Rams would stay hot, Cowboys would stay cold, and it would be a beatdown, meaning we'd just need to beat the Cowboys and then Giants to get in. Looking like it was an important gameΒ after all, keeps us in control of our destiny.