🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Danger said:

not at this rate. LOL

I'm... pretty over Howie and Doug at this point though. 3 years of steady decline and perhaps a full on collapse this season? It's time to move on.

Yes, I don't know how anyone can look at this team and their first instinct be to blame individual players or units. The #1 problem is the FO and coaches, and until that changes, nothing else will. Fixing our LB problem, getting better WRs, younger at OL, replacing your QB, etc., that will change nothing as long as Howie and Doug are here. Maybe only one needs to go, maybe Doug has been handicapped by the awful talent he is being provided, or maybe Howie's not doing as bad a job as we think and the staff just can't develop, but shake up is needed. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, things seem to have gotten stale.  But you'd have to give a SB-winning HC/GM tandem at least until the end of their contracts before pulling the plug, right?

Hopefully not. If things continue as they have looked these first two games even remotely, the writing should be on the wall at this point. We saw it with the Phillies after their 2008 World Series, a slow and painful decline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes, I don't know how anyone can look at this team and their first instinct be to blame individual players or units. The #1 problem is the FO and coaches, and until that changes, nothing else will. Fixing our LB problem, getting better WRs, younger at OL, replacing your QB, etc., that will change nothing as long as Howie and Doug are here. Maybe only one needs to go, maybe Doug has been handicapped by the awful talent he is being provided, or maybe Howie's not doing as bad a job as we think and the staff just can't develop, but shake up is needed. 

You have to think. Howie was here before Doug, and good players were brought in, and even developed, but since Doug's been here, hardly any have really grown into their own. I firmly believe it's more Doug than it is Howie, personally.

@Matts4313

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909952-cowboys-comeback-is-worth-noting-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up-on-dallas?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial 

Reality check: That defense allowed points eight times in a nine-drive span Sunday. It has a total of two sacks in two games against teams with vulnerable offensive lines and has already allowed 17 third-down conversions on 34 attempts (plus three fourth-down conversions on as many attempts). That unit has one takeaway thus far against opponents that committed a combined 49 turnovers in 2019. 

#buttcheeks

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Instead of watching the Eagles poo the bed lets just all agree to reread this thread every Sunday. 

Can't. Unless you want to go another 50 years without success. I know there's nothing we can directly do to influence the direction of the team, but we need to feel the pain so that the organization knows this is unacceptable.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2909952-cowboys-comeback-is-worth-noting-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up-on-dallas?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial 

Reality check: That defense allowed points eight times in a nine-drive span Sunday. It has a total of two sacks in two games against teams with vulnerable offensive lines and has already allowed 17 third-down conversions on 34 attempts (plus three fourth-down conversions on as many attempts). That unit has one takeaway thus far against opponents that committed a combined 49 turnovers in 2019. 

#buttcheeks

I think we all knew for the Cowboys to be successful they would have to win games 42-38 this year. 

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The Eagles are also in serious cap trouble heading into next season.

It’s bad but not as bad as people are making it out to be. A lot of money is coming off. Plus the rollover which has screwed us this past offseason. We’ll be in no position to get free agents next year but it should be one rough year and done. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s bad but not as bad as people are making it out to be. A lot of money is coming off. Plus the rollover which has screwed us this past offseason. We’ll be in no position to get free agents next year but it should be one rough year and done. 

Ya but you're talking about an 0-2 roster right now that won't have cap to add anything in the offseason.  

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Can't. Unless you want to go another 50 years without success. I know there's nothing we can directly do to influence the direction of the team, but we need to feel the pain so that the organization knows this is unacceptable.

I’m going to live like a Cowboy fan with the 90’s and if every season is 2017 then I never feel pain......

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but you're talking about an 0-2 roster right now that won't have cap to add anything in the offseason.  

Really don't think we are lacking in overall talent outside of our LBs. We are 0-2 this year because of bad coaching, unlucky injuries, and poor QB play. We aren't the most talented team in the NFL, but there is enough talent to win on this roster, especially with our all pro RG and first round LT coming back to the OL next season.

The cap won't be a big issue for us if we can fix our coaching situation and if our QB can stop playing like a rookie. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I could paint a sunshiny picture but I won’t. I expect a little bounceback this year. Some development from younger guys. I think 2020 and 2021 will be average years. If that’s the case, maybe the FO moves on from the coaches, hell maybe Carson. But the team will be very different in two years. No one can tell me how they’re going to look or perform then. Maybe Hurts, Reagor, Sanders and Goedert are the new wave. Maybe Carson holds the reigns and the FO solves the aging OL and that looks like a real solid offense with a couple more developing years. Couple decent drafts and the team is fine. But who can ever predict that. Especially not a Roseman  team. It’s not as bad as it seems. They are reeling now though. They need some positive steps. They’re a SB winning staff for the most part, they should know what and how to fix it.