🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

End of the day I think Reilly will probably use the flirting with the league to get a new deal and stay. But could totally be wrong. Maybe having all those heisman winners was enough. Because he’d be leaving having not won a bowl game, let alone a championship.

Riley makes $6m, same as Garrett. Top NFL coaches make over $10m/yr, with Billy B at $12.5m. 

How high will OK go?  Because Dallas had $346m in *net profits* this year. Im pretty sure he can spare the extra few mil. 

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The Cowboys head coaching job is one of, if not the most coveted jobs in sports. 

20 years ago sure. Every fanbase of a team that's won championships is some sense always says that. College, NFL, NBA, MLB it doesn't matter. It really comes down to 2 things. 1. $$$ and 2. Job security. Everything else is far and away less important.

Edit, to highlight the part of your post that I'm actually referring to.

Edited by Danger

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

20 years ago sure. Every fanbase of a team that's won championships is some sense always says that. College, NFL, NBA, MLB it doesn't matter. It really comes down to 2 things. 1. $$$ and 2. Job security. Everything else is far and away less important.

Edit, to highlight the part of your post that I'm actually referring to.

1. Biggest brand in all of sports

1a. Most valuable (surpassed $5b this year)

1b. Winningest franchise in all of football (win %)

2. Biggest chance for life changing fame, notoriety. 

3. Best facilities in the world

4. Willing to spend the absolute max cap on players

4a. Willing to outspend the rest of the NFL on coaching staff, training staff and scouting.

5. Thriving city that caters to the rich - including home/family life

When I say the name Jimmy Johnson or Barry Switzer what is the first thing you think of? The Dallas Cowboys, winning superbowls. 

Not the 23 years/1 national championship for Jimmy. Not the 27 years, 3 national champs/8 conference champs for Barry.

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. Biggest brand in all of sports

1a. Most valuable (surpassed $5b this year)

1b. Winningest franchise in all of football (win %)

2. Biggest chance for life changing fame, notoriety. 

3. Best facilities in the world

4. Willing to spend the absolute max cap on players

4a. Willing to outspend the rest of the NFL on coaching staff, training staff and scouting.

5. Thriving city that caters to the rich - including home/family life

When I say the name Jimmy Johnson or Barry Switzer what is the first thing you think of? The Dallas Cowboys, winning superbowls. 

Not the 23 years/1 national championship for Jimmy. Not the 27 years, 3 national champs/8 conference champs for Barry.

Yeah but "What have you done for me lately?"

All this is true, but really all it comes down to is how much are you going to be paying the coach and what level of job security is going to be given? I do think you guys could pry Lincoln Riley away with a fat check because Jerry isn't afraid to spend, but everything you just listed really doesn't matter to a coach at all.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah but "What have you done for me lately?"

All this is true, but really all it comes down to is how much are you going to be paying the coach and what level of job security is going to be given? I do think you guys could pry Lincoln Riley away with a fat check because Jerry isn't afraid to spend, but everything you just listed really doesn't matter to a coach at all.

It matters. Urban Myers recently said that the Dallas Cowboys is the only NFL job that can pry away highly successful NCAA coaches. 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jerry Jones ******* up a Dynasty! Trying to take credit for what Jimmy built, not Jones. Cowboys easily win 5, maybe 6 SB  if Jerry learned back then to Shut his GD mouth, let things play out and collect Rings! 

You know , like Robert Kraft?