πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In 4 years?Β 

Β 

Oh yeah... he had Torrey Smith in his sophomore campaign and tore up the league and was in the MVP discussion before his injury against the Rams lol.

You got me bro.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just gave you multiple stats..... What is "rate of deep passes" anyways? What are all the criteria?Β 

It's the percentage of their passes that were deep passes. The only stat that matters in a conversation we are having.

None of your stats were as relevant as the one I provided which proved what you said was wrong.

Just take the L..... dear god

The only year Wentz had a WR with deep speed on the outside was 2017 and honestly Torrey Smith wasn't even good, but teams did have to at least account for his speed schematically.

Last year his best deep threat was Miles Sanders.

2018? It was Agholor who could kinda do a bit vertically from the slot (albeit mediocre).

His one game with DeSean last year he hit him withΒ 2 deep bombs for TDs.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
Β 

Oh yeah... he had Torrey Smith in his sophomore campaign and tore up the league and was in the MVP discussion before his injury against the Rams lol.

You got me bro.

It's the percentage of their passes that were deep passes. The only stat that matters in a conversation we are having.

None of your stats were as relevant as the one I provided which proved what you said was wrong.

What is a "deep pass"? Because although "none of my stats are relevant" - - I LITERALLY GAVE YOU THE QUANTITY.Β 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What is a "deep pass"? Because although "none of my stats are relevant" - - I LITERALLY GAVE YOU THE QUANTITY.Β 

Yeah and I gave you the percentage of deep passes which is more relevant/telling.

Usually most sites/publications qualify a deep pass as 20+ yards.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah and I gave you the percentage of deep passes which is more relevant/telling.

Usually most sites/publications qualify a deep pass as 20+ yards.

Well, according to Football Outsiders then:

Dak 8.9% deep ball passes (over 20 yards)

Wentz 8.5% deep ball passes

Β 

Take the L

Β 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, according to Football Outsiders then:

Dak 8.9% deep ball passes (over 20 yards)

Wentz 8.5% deep ball passes

Β 

Take the L

Β 

Not sure where you are getting that from, butΒ I looked it up... PFF is 20+ and FootballOutsiders is 21+.

FootballOutsiders has them at 53 (Prescott) and 52 (Wentz) like you posted earlier.

Divide their deep attempts by their total attempts and you get 8.9% (Prescott) and 8.7% (Wentz).

And, even so... this still invalidates your argument or means Dak doesn't throw deep either lol.

If Wentz had a deep target last year he would be around 10%.

08515847a454470c492def31c7ad34c9e08a776.

Β 

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure where you are getting that from, butΒ I looked it up... PFF is 20+ and FootballOutsiders is 21+.

FootballOutsiders has them at 53 (Prescott) and 52 (Wentz) like you posted earlier.

Divide their deep attempts by their total attempts and you get 8.9% (Prescott) and 8.7% (Wentz).

And, even so... this still invalidates your argument or means Dak doesn't throw deep either lol.

If Wentz had a deep target last year he would be around 10%.

08515847a454470c492def31c7ad34c9e08a776.

Β 

I would write this in crayon for you if I could.Β 

That is the reason you look as average intended air yards. Sure the amount of times the threw it 20 yards is about the same. But on their average throw, how far do they push it???

Wentz is #22 in the league. Meaning 21 other QBs attempt to throw further on your average pass.

Dak was #6 in the league. Which means there are only 5 QBs in the entire NFL that attempt passes further than him on average.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I would write this in crayon for you if I could.Β 

That is the reason you look as average intended air yards. Sure the amount of times the threw it 20 yards is about the same. But on their average throw, how far do they push it???

Wentz is #22 in the league. Meaning 21 other QBs attempt to throw further on your average pass.

Dak was #6 in the league. Which means there are only 5 QBs in the entire NFL that attempt passes further than him on average.Β 

Because he has no receivers that can stretch the field and mainly targeted his TEs and RB??

angry simon cowell GIF

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Because he has no receivers that can stretch the field and mainly targeted his TEs and RB??

angry simon cowell GIF

Maybe if his WR's didnt hate him he could develop chemistry?Β 

Dak had God awful production from WRs for a while, I dont see you throwing him a bone.Β 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I didn't.

That's just the stat I gotΒ from an article.

Not paying PFF a bunch of $$$ to be able to include 2016 into that, but even if I did they would probably be dead even at worst.

Β 

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A
β–Ό
AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2016 2019 60 64 40-24-0 1363 2071 65.8 15778 97 97.0 90 36 136 826 7.6 7.77 6.77 6.92 241 1221 21 5.1 42 0 0 0 Β  0
2 Carson Wentz 2016 2019 45 56 32-24-0 1311 2055 63.8 14191 97 92.7 73 35 129 807 6.9 7.08 6.13 6.30 206 785 3 3.8 24 2 11 0 5.5 7

Β 

I prefer ANY/A, but there is the yards per an attempt. Flawed stat, but its free.Β