πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

No one wants to talk about how trash the cowboys D is. Weird. Everything about the Eagles pieces are about the WRs. And everything about the Cowboys is the relationship between McCarthy and the offense. But how does the defense not come up?Β 

I dont know if they will be trash this year. We will see how good, but I expect them to be better. Of course, I thought Byron Jones was highly overrated. And this isnt insulting because he isnt on our team. You can literally go into any B Jones thread the last 2 years and I have said it at least 100 times. So the drop from him to Diggs will be minimal, imo. Adding Carr at safety is an upgrade. Healthy LB is an upgrade. Our DL has been *significantly* upgraded.Β 

And the biggest upgrade of all, is we age going multiple. Theyve said (and our depth chart reflects) we will split 43/34/dime/nickle. Last year it was base and dime almost exclusively.Β 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He sounds like a wannabee Chip Kelly.

Players are gonna turn on this guy so fast.

I hope not too fast, only good thing to happen this year has been these news drops from Giants camp.

I just wish they had more talent on the team to match the Chip/McDaniels level deconstruction,
Saquon might be too good of a dude to get out early. Hoping he can though and not waste his career there.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont know if they will be trash this year. We will see how good, but I expect them to be better. Of course, I thought Byron Jones was highly overrated. And this isnt insulting because he isnt on our team. You can literally go into any B Jones thread the last 2 years and I have said it at least 100 times. So the drop from him to Diggs will be minimal, imo. Adding Carr at safety is an upgrade. Healthy LB is an upgrade. Our DL has been *significantly* upgraded.Β 

And the biggest upgrade of all, is we age going multiple. Theyve said (and our depth chart reflects) we will split 43/34/dime/nickle. Last year it was base and dime almost exclusively.Β 

I’m not gonna pretend I know your team better than you but there’s nothing they did, besides get healthy that scares me as a rival fan. You can’t just say a rookie is a minimal drop from Jones. Let’s be real. Kid could be an absolute bust, who knows. The middle of the DL is still a problem. We heard how the safety position is going to be ok and HaHa gets cut. That’s not going to fair well. And who the hell is Carr?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m not gonna pretend I know your team better than you but there’s nothing they did, besides get healthy that scares me as a rival fan. You can’t just say a rookie is a minimal drop from Jones. Let’s be real. Kid could be an absolute bust, who knows. The middle of the DL is still a problem. We heard how the safety position is going to be ok and HaHa gets cut. That’s not going to fair well. And who the hell is Carr?

We added 3 pass rushersΒ to the roster: Everson Griffen, Aldon Smith and Randy Greggory. Plus we got Crawford back.

Right now our base setup:

Dlaw- Poe - Hill (2nd rounder from last year - Crawford

Jaylon - LVE - Aldon as a "DPR" (designated pass rusher)

Thats a pretty significant upgrade from last year, if they pan out obviously.Β Β 

Β 

Again, I think Jones was a very good #2 CB. He was never good enough to cover #1 WR's regularly. Diggs has already won the #1 CB spot.

Β 

Brandon Carr. He played safety for the Ravens and was apparently pretty good.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

51 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I've seen a lot of people picking the Cowboys to make the playoffs and win a few games. I swear the media does this just so they can rip the team apart after they end up at their customary 8-8 record lol

Yeah a lot of NFCCG/SB appearance predictions I've seen. Which is absolutely hysterical for a team that hasn't been past the divisional round in what, 30ish years? Not even the homer of homer Dallas fans can honestly believe this Cowboys team is capable of such heights.

• Like 1

Lmao @ a rookie in Diggs being a minimal downgrade from an all pro level corner. Get ******* real man. I forgot, all Dallas rookies always pan out, my bad. And when you're name dropping Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory as your big DL upgrades, idk what to tell you. That defense is horrid on paper. Your best argument includes dudes who haven't played in 5 years, rookies, popular names who are shells of what they once were, and one who is in and out of the league like the wind. Gimme a break dude. If Dallas wins, it'll have everything to do with that #1 ranked, 8-8 caliber offense from a year ago.

15 hours ago, Danger said:

He sounds like a wannabee Chip Kelly.

Players are gonna turn on this guy so fast.

After two weak personality coaches in Macadoo and Shurmer, Judge is a welcome change for me as a Giants fan.Β  The Giants won two Superbowls with a similar hard-nosed coach in Coughlin, and Parcells before that.Β  But this is a new generation, so who knows how they'll react to that style of coaching.

Β 

Joe Judge lays into Giants, makes them start Thursday’s practice over; Bill Cowher approves

β€œI’ve done it a number of times. I’ve started drills over, I’ve started practices over, because there are times when you go out there to work and you just feel like the sense of focus and the sense of purpose is just not there,” Cowher, 63, CBS' NFL Today pregame show analyst, told the Daily News on the phone Thursday afternoon. "As a head coach you only get so many of those days and you’re never gonna get that day back. And sometimes they need to be reminded of that.

β€œSo I think for Joe Judge, he’s kinda trying to set the standard being that we practice a certain way, and he’s trying to change a degree of a culture there,” Cowher observed. β€œSo I like what he’s doing from that perspective. If it wasn’t what he foresaw it should be, what he expects it to be, from an attention to detail, focus and effort standpoint β€” because you play like you practice.”

Β 

Edited by Gmen

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That defense is buttcheeks.Β Β 

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah a lot of NFCCG/SB appearance predictions I've seen. Which is absolutely hysterical for a team that hasn't been past the divisional round in what, 30ish years? Not even the homer of homer Dallas fans can honestly believe this Cowboys team is capable of such heights.

"Lots of superbowl predictions for a team thats never won one in their history"

See how dumb that sounds? The 2004 Cowboys have absolutely nothing to do with the 2020 Cowboys. Each year is new. Anyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of football should understand that.

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lmao @ a rookie in Diggs being a minimal downgrade from an all pro level corner. Get ******* real man. I forgot, all Dallas rookies always pan out, my bad. And when you're name dropping Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory as your big DL upgrades, idk what to tell you. That defense is horrid on paper. Your best argument includes dudes who haven't played in 5 years, rookies, popular names who are shells of what they once were, and one who is in and out of the league like the wind. Gimme a break dude. If Dallas wins, it'll have everything to do with that #1 ranked, 8-8 caliber offense from a year ago.

You can feel how ever you want about it. I watched every snap of Jones career, most of them multiple times. He was a great #2 CB. He almost never covered #1 WRs. He never played splash plays. He was super athletic though.Β 

As for the DL, I would say the biggest name is Everson Griffen, but its the fact that we added a bunch of people.

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That defense is buttcheeks.Β Β 

Great argument.

The Dallas media is the polar opposite of the Philly media.

While here everything is a disaster and the team is criticized pretty harshly on Dallas everything is great, every year they are a contender (this year they are though), every decision is the correct one and every rookie is a future star. ItΒ΄s like the media over there is rad by an army of Mattses.Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

"Lots of superbowl predictions for a team thats never won one in their history"

See how dumb that sounds? The 2004 Cowboys have absolutely nothing to do with the 2020 Cowboys. Each year is new. Anyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of football should understand that.

You can feel how ever you want about it. I watched every snap of Jones career, most of them multiple times. He was a great #2 CB. He almost never covered #1 WRs. He never played splash plays. He was super athletic though.Β 

As for the DL, I would say the biggest name is Everson Griffen, but its the fact that we added a bunch of people.

Great argument.

Fine.

Lawrence is coming off of his worst season where a shoulder injury impacted him significantly.Β  His sacks have been on a downward trend 2 years in a row.Β Β 

Poe is on his 4th team in 5 seasons.Β  His last pro bowl was in 2014.Β  He has double digit sacks, if you add his last 5 seasons together....

Hill wasn't supposed to start, and pretty much was worthless last year.Β Β 

Griffin joined the team late, in a year with no practices or preseason.Β  He hasn't had double digit sacks since 2017.

Jaylon Smith is solid but he's basically just a tackler that doesn't play a premium position.

LVE is coming off of a neck injury after being flagged for neck problems during the draft process.

Who the hell is Dallas' 3rd starting linebacker?Β 

Trevon Diggs I guess will start as the #1 CB by default cause the rest of your CBs are terrible.Β Β 

The Safeties are a joke.

Like I said, buttcheeks.

Β 

• Like 1