πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with what you said here.Β  The problem is that it seems a lot different from your original post where you said: "Why people still continue to venture into The Linc with rival jerseys on is beyond me."

That's what grabbed my attention to begin with, and it made it sound like it actually IS more of a problem with the Eagles than with most other stadiums around the league.Β  I understand what you are saying about "swimming with the sharks" and "chumming the water," but this is where I have a major disagreement.Β  Simply going into The Linc wearing the jersey of the opposing team should not be enough for Eagles fans to consider it a good reason to start a fight.Β  If, as you mentioned, I went in there wearing my team's jersey and then acting like a buffoon by gloating and treating your fans with disrespect, then all bets are off.Β  I deserve what I get.Β  Otherwise, an NFL fan SHOULD be able to take his wife and kids to a football game and have the fun of dressing up in their team's colors without having any problems solely for what they chose to wear to the game.Β  It shouldn't be too much to expect fans of every team to conduct themselves with at least a little bit of class.Β  That was all I was saying.Β 

My original statement, without explanation, is still what it is. The truth. You’re very right. And if the world was perfect and humans were to be trusted then yes a family should be able to go into a rival stadium and be completely safe from insults and abusive language hurled at them. My point is; what’s the risk-reward? Β You will literally put your family in potentially danger for a football game? Just as much as a cyclist has the right to the road, I’m not taking my bikeΒ outing on a busy, narrow thoroughfare. I’ll just take the kids on the backstreets or in a park where I’llΒ minimize getting hit by a semi. Simple. A family of fans is generally pretty safe outside of a few boos. A loud, boisterous fan is going to get something more. But they all have risks. Why take it? For football? As silly as it is for a fan to physical harm someone over their jerseyΒ attire is equally as dumb for someone to bring on potential bodily harm to watch a football game. Fandom is why you’d take the risk. And fandom is why someone would haymake you for it. Fandom is why soccer hooligans exist. People should be smarter with their health is all I’m saying.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

TBF you guys did have a jail in your old stadium because your fans are unruly.Β 

I think that’s called being active about a problem.Β I’m not willing to admit before seeing any kind of case study, there may be more of a problem here. Or maybe more northeast. But every team has had issues. There’s been murder in the west coast. But just as Philly is cheesesteaks and liberty bells, it’s also snowballs at Santa, batteries at outfielders. It’s just an unfair, popular narrative national media continues to troll us with. But somehow it’s cute. Joe Buck will casually lean to TroyΒ and say β€œwatch out Troy, we don’t want any snowballs in here” β€œHahaaha, ok Joe,” Troy replies.Β So dumb. I don’t think I ever remember Joe telling a SF Giants broadcast about someone getting murdered in a parking lot and giggling about it. It’s of the same cloth. Point is, it happens everywhere. I’ve seen Viking fan videos, Cowboy fan videos, Packer fans (the nicest people on earth). We just like to poke fun at Philly.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think that’s called being active about a problem.Β I’m not willing to admit before seeing any kind of case study, there may be more of a problem here. Or maybe more northeast. But every team has had issues. There’s been murder in the west coast. But just as Philly is cheesesteaks and liberty bells, it’s also snowballs at Santa, batteries at outfielders. It’s just an unfair, popular narrative national media continues to troll us with. But somehow it’s cute. Joe Buck will casually lean to TroyΒ and say β€œwatch out Troy, we don’t want any snowballs in here” β€œHahaaha, ok Joe,” Troy replies.Β So dumb. I don’t think I ever remember Joe telling a SF Giants broadcast about someone getting murdered in a parking lot and giggling about it. It’s of the same cloth. Point is, it happens everywhere. I’ve seen Viking fan videos, Cowboy fan videos, Packer fans (the nicest people on earth). We just like to poke fun at Philly.Β 

It is what it is, I guess.Β  Fortunately we have big screen TVs in this day and age and it's more fun watching the game at home for the most part.

I'm gonna assume Buck you've never been to a Raiders home game, when they played in LA? You at no point and I don't give 2 πŸ’©πŸ’© how bad a man you think you were on the planet, ever walked to that Stadium with an opponent jersey. You always covered up until inside,Β  which was never a picnic either!!!!

One of the worst experiences I've ever had going to a NFL game was SNF Eagles @ Panthers a few years back. Took my 11 year old son to the game and was confronted by no less then a 1/2 dozen (Different) pricks talking πŸ’©Β , wanting to fight, Billy biggie badass, to not only me but my son becuase we had the audacity to be wearing Eagle Jerseys.

This notion or absurd idea Philadelphia stands alone, or is the worst of the worst is a joke, runningΒ  punchline for those who don't know.Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Let other fans stew in their own ignorance and pretend nothing bad happens in their precious fanbases.

Β 

Just don't come to us and high road like less than a dozen people to make yourselves feel superior. Once you hop off your high horse and come join us normal human beings things are a lot more fun.

@Uncle Buck

Edited by Daimonas

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm gonna assume Buck you've never been to a Raiders home game, when they played in LA? You at no point and I don't give 2 πŸ’©πŸ’© how bad a man you think you were on the planet, ever walked to that Stadium with an opponent jersey. You always covered up until inside,Β  which was never a picnic either!!!!

One of the worst experiences I've ever had going to a NFL game was SNF Eagles @ Panthers a few years back. Took my 11 year old son to the game and was confronted by no less then a 1/2 dozen (Different) pricks talking πŸ’©Β , wanting to fight, Billy biggie badass, to not only me but my son becuase we had the audacity to be wearing Eagle Jerseys.

This notion or absurd idea Philadelphia stands alone, or is the worst of the worst is a joke, runningΒ  punchline for those who don't know.Β 

Don't get me wrong Eagles fans.Β  I wasn't claiming that Philadelphia stands alone in this.Β  I was merely responding to someone who made a comment about going to the Linc in another jersey.Β  When it happens in LA, Chicago, Minnesota, or any other venue, it is just as stupid.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Good to know Buck has single handed lyrics solved the homeless problem in Philly.

He’s been letting the entire city live rent free in his head for 3 yearsΒ 

Knucklehead behavior is knucklehead behavior.Β  If I'm at a game in US Bank Stadium and a Vikings fan acts that way, I'll call them out on it too.Β  It is not acceptable anywhere, IMO.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Knucklehead behavior is knucklehead behavior.Β  If I'm at a game in US Bank Stadium and a Vikings fan acts that way, I'll call them out on it too.Β  It is not acceptable anywhere, IMO.

Good for you Captain America. My point is why are you even here? What does this have anything to do with you or the Vikings or anything you should care about? Do you go galavanting into other team’s forums to pass judgement on their fans behaviors at their games or just Philly’s. Either way maybe a different hobby is in order. Cross stitch perhaps.....

• Like 1

When I was a younger my dad took me to a Redskins/Eagles game in Washington.Β  Per usual during the Dan Snyder experience there were a lot of rival fans in the stadium.Β  It was the worst experience I've ever had at a live sporting event.Β  The majority of Eagles fans we encountered were obnoxious, drunk off their ***, and ready to fight.Β  We witnessed an Eagles fan punch a woman in the face and get dragged out by security.Β  I'm sure the Eagles fans on here are not these sort, but Eagles fans have a reputation for a reason.Β  They probably have the worst behavior of any fans in sports (except for foreign soccer fans).Β Β 

Edited by MKnight82

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

When I was a younger my dad took me to a Redskins/Eagles game in Washington.Β  Per usual during the Dan Snyder experience there were a lot of rival fans in the stadium.Β  It was the worst experience I've ever had at a live sporting event.Β  The majority of Eagles fans we encountered were obnoxious, drunk off their ***, and ready to fight.Β  We witnessed an Eagles fan punch a woman in the face and get dragged out by security.Β  I'm sure the Eagles fans on here are not these sort, but Eagles fans have a reputation for a reason.Β  They probably have the worst behavior of any fans in sports (except for foreign soccer fans).Β Β 

I'm guessing you have never been to a game in LA, Oakland, Chicago, or in any other major city. Love when people use anecdotal evidence to support their claims that a group deserves a reputation based on the actions of people they saw at one point in time.

We have had this discussion a billion times. Every team has bad apples, the Eagles have more than some, but so do other teams.

And no one is getting "picked on". If you don't like what you read in this forum.... DON'T READ IT. How sad is it that you have to have a victim complex when posting in a rival teams forum is actually beyond me.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan