πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Good for you Captain America. My point is why are you even here? What does this have anything to do with you or the Vikings or anything you should care about? Do you go galavanting into other team’s forums to pass judgement on their fans behaviors at their games or just Philly’s. Either way maybe a different hobby is in order. Cross stitch perhaps.....

I thought this was a football forum where we discuss different topics.Β  I haven't passed judgement on anyone.Β  Just on the behavior of a few troublemakers.Β  I've said my piece, so I will take my leave.Β  Good luck with your season.Β  It looks like it's going about as well as ours is.Β  xD

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

ok, so he's Mike Martz

His offense may or may not be obsolete, but Mike McCarthy was a good coach in his day.Β  He supposedly studied up in his time out of the league, so time will tell if he has updated things to the point where he will be successful again.Β  He was a good coach though.Β  As a fan of a division rival of his previous team, I can attest to that.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

His offense may or may not be obsolete, but Mike McCarthy was a good coach in his day.Β  He supposedly studied up in his time out of the league, so time will tell if he has updated things to the point where he will be successful again.Β  He was a good coach though.Β  As a fan of a division rival of his previous team, I can attest to that.

Mike Martz was a good coach for about 3 years. Then he became a coach you never had to worry about winning a SB. McCarthy same thing.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Mike Martz was a good coach for about 3 years. Then he became a coach you never had to worry about winning a SB.

True.Β  I'm not sure what he has to do with Mike McCarthy though, other than the fact that they both won Super Bowls.Β  If a coach could do that for my team, I'd take it.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

True.Β  I'm not sure what he has to do with Mike McCarthy though, other than the fact that they both won Super Bowls.Β  If a coach could do that for my team, I'd take it.

Mike McCarthy is just another version of Martz. Had a 2-3 year peak, then became an average to below average HC. McCarthy will never win another SB, unless it's as an assisstant. Doug Pederson is one of those guys as well.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Mike McCarthy is just another version of Martz. Had a 2-3 year peak, then became an average to below average HC. McCarthy will never win another SB, unless it's as an assisstant.

You could say that about a lot of coaches I guess.Β  How about your guy in Philly?Β  He won a Super Bowl and where is he now?Β  Maybe HE is another version of Martz too.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

You could say that about a lot of coaches I guess.Β  How about your guy in Philly?Β  He won a Super Bowl and where is he now?Β  Maybe HE is another version of Martz too.

I edited my original comment to include Doug. Some guys get to be a genius for 1-2 years. McCarthy, Martz, Doug, McVay. Flashes in the pan. The SB win was awesome though,

• Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

I edited my original comment to include Doug. Some guys get to be a genius for 1-2 years. McCarthy, Martz, Doug, McVay. Flashes in the pan. The SB win was awesome though,

I agree with all of that.Β  Being as how Doug and MM are both still active, though, they still have a chance for more success.Β  It's tough to win a Super Bowl, as we both know.Β 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with all of that.Β  Being as how Doug and MM are both still active, though, they still have a chance for more success.Β  It's tough to win a Super Bowl, as we both know.Β 

It's tough to win a SB if you keep putting the same things on tape for several years.
Most of these coaches don't adapt after having success their first 2 years, or they completely get away from what brought them success in the first place.Β 
We won the SB by power running all over everybody, controlling TOP, then occasionally doing play action over the top, and throwing quick screens. The next 2 years we're averaging 50 drop back pass attempts a game,Β our WR's are running every route besides the ones designed to get open quickly, and the staple of our run game is the HB draw.
In McCarthy's case, he just never changed up the offense after the SB win, and he seemingly devalued RB and WR2 the same way the Eagles have devalued MLB, WLB, and SLB.

• Like 1