πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 hours ago, Danger said:

inb4 WFT wins the division at 6-10

Ron Rivera comes into his first season in Washington and destroys decimatesΒ takes the East to the woodshed manages to hang on to beat the rest of the East grabbing the division title in Year 1. You all are so screwed for now!

FEAR KYLE ALLEN! OoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

You can't seriously be this dense...? Can you?

You cant seriously think you know how the Cowboys operate better than I do? Can you?

Old Jerrah cleared the entire draft room because the Cowboys scouts were telling him Quincy Carter had a 5th round draft grade and taking him in the second was stupid.

New Jerrah spouts a bunch of crap on camera and lets Will McClay/Stephen Jones and the coach run the team and roster.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant seriously think you know how the Cowboys operate better than I do? Can you?

Β 

You can't seriously think you know more about how the Cowboys operate then Aikman? Can you?

Β 

Jerry Jones made it clear this week about just who calls the shots β€” all the shots β€” for the Dallas Cowboys. His former quarterback thinks that’s the problem.

Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, who now does color commentary on Fox’s NFL broadcasts, has been critical of Jones’s management, saying last week that the team’s problems begin β€œat the top.” On Tuesday, he reiterated that and said he can’t imagine trying to ride to the rescue as the team’s general manager.

β€œI doubt it. I mean, I think that’s a real long shot,” Aikman said in his weekly appearance on Dallas sports radio station the Ticket. β€œI believe that it’s unlikely that Jerry will ever bring somebody in that can help this football team in that regard just because he’s been real stubborn and steadfast in that he’s the one in charge. I think in a lot of ways, until that changes, this team’s going to have some problems.

β€œWould he ever ask me to come be a part of it? I think that’d be a real leap of faith,” Aikman said. β€œI don’t envision that happening, and I don’t envision it happening at any point, quite honestly, no matter who’s in charge out there.”

Β 

Β 

Edited by Shockwave

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

You can't seriously think you know more about how the Cowboys operate then Aikman? Can you?

You still arent understanding what I am saying. So let me give an analogy:

Technically the #1 in command for the military is the President (GM). But do you think the President is drawing up battle plans or implementing them personally? No. Of course not.Β 

*old* Jerry did try to influence the decision making at all levels of the team. From the coaches to players to the draft.

*new* Jerry lets SJ run the cap, WM run the draft and Coach run the roster. Does he still sign off? Yes. Does he still have veto powers? Yes. Does he use his power? Nope. Hasnt in close to a decade.

The title of that article was: β€œJerry Jones defends his ongoing role as GM of the Cowboys” 

Why does he consider himself GM if he doesn’t influence anything?Β He has final say, sure.Β Doesn’t that go for every owner ever? I don’t think any other owner has to title himself GM just to make decisions. I think it’s pretty obvious owners can veto if they want.Β 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Yep...you are that dense

LMAO. Says the Giants fan to the Cowboys fan who has literally had lunches with Will McClay, Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett and discussed how they operate.Β 

42 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The title of that article was: β€œJerry Jones defends his ongoing role as GM of the Cowboys” 

Why does he consider himself GM if he doesn’t influence anything?Β He has final say, sure.Β Doesn’t that go for every owner ever? I don’t think any other owner has to title himself GM just to make decisions. I think it’s pretty obvious owners can veto if they want.Β 

He has retained that title since the 80's. But his management style is 100% different.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

LMAO. Says the Giants fan to the Cowboys fan who has literally had lunches with Will McClay, Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett and discussed how they operate.Β 

He has retained that title since the 80's. But his management style is 100% different.

Why would he do that though?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

We traded for Cooper without him being involved...

Has....has anyone told him that?

Β 

β€œMake no mistake about it, that’s where all the consternation was about this move, that first round pick,” Jones said. β€œWe really thought that if we had the opportunity that it was likely that a receiver if an outstanding receiver were there, would be the pick [in the first-round of 2019 NFL Draft]. His youth had everything to do with it. And then the caliber of player that he was.”

β€œWe knew we had the opportunity here to get a player that frankly is proven, and have real youth involved so we can look at it long-term. We wouldn’t give that first-round pick up if it wasn’t for the long-term. And the other thing we can do is step in here and have immediate value for him for this year. I’m excited.”

Β 

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article220687950.html

• Like 1