🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

6 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Exactly what I said. If you spend a high round pick on a QB and your QB is playing like complete trash halfway through the season...then why exactly did you spend a premium pick on a player you refuse to play? 

Because regardless of what all of you arm chair OC's think, Hurts isnt better then Wentz. He's the same player you all were bitching and complaining about the Eagles wasting a 2nd rd pick on 6 months ago?

But like every single QB the Eagles have ever had including Nick Foles (1st go around as the Starter) the back up QB is always the better option for most Eagles fans when the Eagles are struggling. The easy fix, just plug and play the wins will come!!!!

As horrific as the overall play has been which includes Carson's TO's to be clear! The Eagles are a play here,  stop there , penalty here, ST debacle  there from easily being 6-2. Despite the litany of rediculous injuries and Carson Wentz's play. That's just a fact you all continue to ignore because it doesn't fit the agenda.  Actually makes you grab a different paddle/horse  to swing at.

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because regardless of what all of you arm chair OC's think, Hurts isnt better then Wentz. He's the same player you all were bitching and complaining about the Eagles wasting a 2nd rd pick on 6 months ago?

But like every single QB the Eagles have ever had including Nick Foles (1st go around as the Starter) the back up QB is always the better option for most Eagles fans when the Eagles are struggling. The easy fix, just plug and play the wins will come!!!!

As horrific as the overall play has been which includes Carson's TO's to be clear! The Eagles are a play here,  stop there , penalty here, ST debacle  there from easily being 6-2. Despite the litany of rediculous injuries and Carson Wentz's play. That's just a fact you all continue to ignore because it doesn't fit the agenda.  Actually makes you grab a different paddle/horse  to swing at.

I don't think you are understanding how bad Carson has been so far this year. 

The nfl is parody driven. Any team that’s about average, which is a lot, is a few plays away from 11-5 or 5-11. It’s just how it is. Carson has turned the ball over at a ridiculous clip this year. It’s a cause for concern. It should be if you look at it objectively. Fact of the matter is, we all remember 2017 as if we’re just waiting for Carson to get back to that form. I said it then, I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again; last year was the most I’ve been impressed with Carson as a QB. Im not ready to give up on him but he’s not giving me any reason to think he’s cut out to be a franchise QB. He can be Dalton or Stafford or some other middling QB but I can’t say unequivocally he’s the starting QB forever. He’s been way too inconsistent to warrant that kind of confidence. I don’t think Hurts is the answer but you have to think what in the hell did the FO draft him for then? We know the backup QB has been a point of emphasis with this regime but, like everyone is saying, what’s the point of drafting someone that high when the starter is clearly struggling and you don’t play him? That goes with any position. Sweat should be playing over Barnett. They should have been playing Mialata. Edwards over Gerry. It goes on and on. The staff has made mistakes. Fact is, Carson hasn’t warranted the confidence the coaching staff or FO has showed in him. He hasn’t proven he can be really good for long stretches of time yet. For whatever reason. There’s no reason to NOT be questioning things at this point. I mean, the guy is 4-6 games away from proving he can or can’t start in this league. It’s that simple. That’s how close it is. And in these cases, fans are going to question the direction of the team. It’s completely reasonable. 

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You are downplaying it quite a bit...

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2020

1. Carson Wentz: -584
  2. Sam Darnold: -414
  3. Daniel Jones: -362
  4. Alex Smith: - 259
  5. Andy Dalton: -246
  6. Ben DiNucchi: -190
  7. Dwayne Haskins: -185

Wentz is literally the worst QB in the NFL according to some metrics. But luckily he isnt alone, look at that NFCE all star line up. 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The reason people bitched about the Hurts pick was because they thought they had a franchise QB already on the roster, not because Hurts is a bad player. Why would you spend a high pick on a QB when you could have added more talent around the franchise QB already in place? That doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't make sense for a QB like Wentz to completely fall off a cliff and forget how to play football. Yet, here we are. It's not like anyone expects Hurts to come in and be great, but could he play better than Wentz has THIS YEAR? Sure, because Wentz has been a bottom QB in the league this year. I don't think it is far fetched that Hurts could be better than that. Now if you want to compare Hurts to the Wentz of the past then yeah, it doesn't make sense to bench him. But Carson has shown this year he is not even close to that guy anymore. 

7 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

The reason people bitched about the Hurts pick was because they thought they had a franchise QB already on the roster, not because Hurts is a bad player. Why would you spend a high pick on a QB when you could have added more talent around the franchise QB already in place? That doesn't make sense, but it also doesn't make sense for a QB like Wentz to completely fall off a cliff and forget how to play football. Yet, here we are.

You just made my point for me, thanks. We aren't there yet, it's been 8 gms. 8 games of an Offense playing musical chairs. 8 games of an Offense with zero consistency/continuity and horrific play calling. The fact you all are so quick to jump ship despite what he has shown for most of his career is disturbing,  but expected from this fan base. It's what we do.

If he plays like this for the remainder of the season, then I'll start to worry long term. Right now I'm not, seriously. He just reminds me of a QB trying to do to much, trying to over compensate for all of the injuries. Trying to carry the team, when its actually not needed.

He isn't the first FQB to fall into this trap, wont be the last. Rivers, Ben, Farve, Brees it happens. The fact he has not thrown for more then 7 INT in his last 3 seasons should help prove this point. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wentz reminds me of a young Brett Farve. A QB capable of making the spectacular out of nothing but because of that same ability it will lead to the boneheaded WTF type TO? The type of INT the minute released they knew it was a bad decision, something that shouldn't of been forced. Live by the sword,  die by the sword. That is 2020 Carson Wentz right now unfortunately. 

Doesn't mean he needs to Go or not a FQB!

Edited by Nabbs4u

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wentz reminds me of a young Brett Farve.

LMAO. By the time Brett was 28 he was a mutlie league MVP, Offensive player of the year, Superbowl MVP, 3 time first team all pro, 5 time probowler and considered arguably the best player in the entire NFL. 

Comparing Mahomes to Favre, I understand. But GTFO with comparing a 28 year old Wentz to Favre. 

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You just made my point for me, thanks. We aren't there yet, it's been 8 gms. 8 games of an Offense playing musical chairs. 8 games of an Offense with zero consistency/continuity and horrific play calling. The fact you all are so quick to jump ship despite what he has shown for most of his career is disturbing,  but expected from this fan base. It's what we do.

If he plays like this for the remainder of the season, then I'll start to worry long term. Right now I'm not, seriously. He just reminds me of a QB trying to do to much, trying to over compensate for all of the injuries. Trying to carry the team, when its actually not needed.

He isn't the first FQB to fall into this trap, wont be the last. Rivers, Ben, Farve, Brees it happens. The fact he has not thrown for more then 7 INT in his last 3 seasons should help prove this point. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wentz reminds me of a young Brett Farve. A QB capable of making the spectacular out of nothing but because of that same ability it will lead to the boneheaded WTF type TO? The type of INT the minute released they knew it was a bad decision, something that shouldn't of been forced. Live by the sword,  die by the sword. That is 2020 Carson Wentz right now unfortunately. 

Doesn't mean he needs to Go or not a FQB!

Like I said earlier Nabbs you are failing to grasp just how bad Carson has been this season. We're not saying he's been less than his normal self we are saying he's been the worst QB in the NFL this year. 

What player comes back from being the worst at their position for half a season?

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

What player comes back from being the worst at their position for half a season?

I listed them for you? 

You all might want to go look how bad these players were through 8 gms turning the ball over. I'm sure there are a few FB's lost mixed in there too but you go look it up.

06' Ben - 14 INT

11' Rivers - 14 INT

93' Farve -  13 INT

10' Brees - 11 INT

Just because Wentz has 12INT (16  total) and we have to hear at nausea on sports networks just how bad he's been ,doesn't make it unprecedented or insurmountable to correct. Stop listening to the noise!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I listed them for you? 

You all might want to go look how bad these players were through 8 gms turning the ball over. I'm sure there are a few FB's lost mixed in there too but you go look it up.

06' Ben - 14 INT

11' Rivers - 14 INT

93' Farve -  13 INT

10' Brees - 11 INT

Just because Wentz has 12INT (16  total) and we have to hear at nausea on sports networks just how bad he's been ,doesn't make it unprecedented or insurmountable to correct. Stop listening to the noise!

Every metric has him as a bottom 3 guy no one is talking about turnovers.

I'm talking about like how he's 31st in the league in passer rating under pressure. 

32nd in completion percentage

27th in QBR

Second to last in passer rating 

4th to last in Y/A

Has taken the most sacks.

Disregarding the fact he has the most turnovers he's also just been really bad otherwise too. 

No surprise we lost to the Giants, they have had our number for years but the lack of talent on their team was keeping them from closing games. They have been trending upwards while we were getting fluke wins, they completely out coached us on both side of the ball. If this doesn't highlight how terrible coaching has been from top to bottom I don't know what does.

• Like 1