πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I mean, we are extremely young so some of these guys might not get paid. But you cant deny our drafting/development has been spectacular since the McClay/Garrett take over. Obviously we havent had the playoff success, but weve completely rebuilt the squad with like 7/8 years of drafting all pro players + some probowlers.Β 

I won't deny you guys have been doing a good job in the draft.

Taco Charlton being the one stinker, and I'm not thrilled with your draft this season.

Just now, Danger said:

I won't deny you guys have been doing a good job in the draft.

Taco Charlton being the one stinker, and I'm not thrilled with your draft this season.

Mo Claiborne was also a partial miss. So I guess thats 6/8 drafts. Though Jaylon Smith might make all pro this year. He should have made it over LVE last year.Β 

Its too early to judge this draft, but not having a pick until the end of the second round hurt.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Mo Claiborne was also a partial miss. So I guess thats 6/8 drafts. Though Jaylon Smith might make all pro this year. He should have made it over LVE last year.Β 

Its too early to judge this draft, but not having a pick until the end of the second round hurt.Β 

Part of it for me is, I've always hated taking guys who weren't at the top of the depth chart at their position in College. Whether it's receiver or runningback or what have you. Doesn't sit well with me. Didn't love the Felix Jones pick back in the day, and certainly don't like the Tony Pollard pick now.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Part of it for me is, I've always hated taking guys who weren't at the top of the depth chart at their position in College. Whether it's receiver or runningback or what have you. Doesn't sit well with me. Didn't love the Felix Jones pick back in the day, and certainly don't like the Tony Pollard pick now.

The funny thing is, Pollard has been the biggest star at training camp. He is all anyone is talking about. DaBoys just posted a gif of him beating LVE in 1 on 1s.

I figured Cobb would be the highlight story. But nah

Edit to add:

EB0dr-5XYAE8i7Z.jpg

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Cowboys have drafted well, really no way to argue that.

Β OnlyΒ knock you can give them is that most are non-critical positions. I mean elite players are elite players, kill to get them.

but going all in on LB in this era of football is a bit of aΒ strange choice. All the investment in oline seems to be a partial success. For as much resources as they threw at that problem, you’d think they would be way better.Β And a RB where Zeke was taken has been dug in on constantly. And then yeah they missed on big spots like DL and CB when they did.

Its led to a team with talent to win in the league, but in kind of odd places. Curious how they move forward. And if they fall into the trap of resigning all these guys.

You know Jerry and Stephen have had serious Conversations about whether to lock themselves in long term with Dak at those type of numbers. Or FranchisingΒ  him the Kirk Cousins routeΒ and Drafting said Grandson as the Future in 2 yrs.

Not actually joking here. Either way this us Fun. Thanks for slow playing his contract assumingΒ the "Cowboys Discount". πŸ‘πŸ‘

It's really telling that the Cowboys have yet to extend of those guys. It took them forever to get DeMarcus Lawrence's deal done, I have to figure with this many guys chomping at the bit and how the Cowboys FO operates, at least some of them are going to hit the open market.Β 

Just now, Danger said:

It's really telling that the Cowboys have yet to extend of those guys. It took them forever to get DeMarcus Lawrence's deal done, I have to figure with this many guys chomping at the bit and how the Cowboys FO operates, at least some of them are going to hit the open market.Β 

I hope they resign all of them so they are capped into oblivion.Β Β 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I hope they resign all of them so they are capped into oblivion.Β Β 

If they let them hit the open market, chances are they have to pay at least the number they're trying to avoid right now. One thing I love about Howie, he never lets things get dicey on extending guys. The only significant guy I can remember letting walk was Bennie Logan, whom we promptly replaced and upgraded with Tim Jernigan (until his injury)

Seems like Jerry is hunkering down:

β€œPicture you were a driver of a car and you had a wreck and your hand was almost severed off, but you didn't understand your anatomy," Jones said,Β via The Dallas Morning News.Β You look down, you're spurting blood, you open the door, and run to the woods, and either die bleeding to death or shock. The educated man looks down, knows his anatomy, squeezes and knows his best chance is to wait for help. That's because he's been there a lot and done that. So I'm squeezing and waiting for help.”

Huh?

Jerry, you crazy crazy old bastard.Β 

What he means is:Β 

β€œIt's not like me going out here and buying something that I have to decide whether I want to just spend to have that," Jones told reporters (via ESPN.com). "That's not it at all. It's that I've got to realize that I can let a DeMarcus Ware out of here because I don't have enough money because I paid it to too many others.

"That's happened to me, and I don't want it to happen again. And we've got some top talent here.”

So, I guess Jerry learned a bit from his last cap hellΒ adventure. Although, he may be getting a bit too gun shy now.Β 

Edited by Jroc04