πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

I forgot Mack Hollins exists. Could he start on the outside next year?Β 

Of course he could start, he just wouldn't be very good. I think he's pretty much Hank Baskett, but maybe he's actually good.

Imagine trading a 1st for Amari Cooper, only to see Antonio Brown go forΒ 3rd and a 5th. Only way to cope with that is if you think Amari is going to develop into a top 10 WR and stay that way for the next several years, because as of now AB (even if you want to say he's declining) remains on another level than Amari.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Imagine trading a 1st for Amari Cooper, only to see Antonio Brown go forΒ 3rd and a 5th. Only way to cope with that is if you think Amari is going to develop into a top 10 WR and stay that way for the next several years, because as of now AB (even if you want to say he's declining) remains on another level than Amari.

Don't be petty, Amari made their O better and he'll play there for 5+ years.Β  AB is a 1 or 2 year rental before father time hits him like heΒ hit D.T. and Larry this past season. He's also going full Brittney, and wants 20 mill per season apparently. He was also complaining about target share while damn near leading the league in targets. I'm sure he'd love it here.

Amari wouldn't be worth a 1st to a lot of teams, including us,Β but for the Cowboys i think he was worth it because of fit. He was exactly what Rayne needed.

AB isΒ on another level from basically every wr not named Julio, OBJ, AJ, or Hopkins. That doesn't mean certain dudes aren't worth a 1st though. I'd give up a 1st for Mike Evans/Michael Thomas/Theilan/Davante Adams, but i wouldn't for AB, and AB isΒ better than all of them.Β 

Β 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Don't be petty, Amari made their O better and he'll play there for 5+ years.Β  AB is a 1 or 2 year rental before father time hits him like heΒ hit D.T. and Larry this past season. He's also going full Brittney, and wants 20 mill per season apparently. He was also complaining about target share while damn near leading the league in targets. I'm sure he'd love it here.

Amari wouldn't be worth a 1st to a lot of teams, including us,Β but for the Cowboys i think he was worth it because of fit. He was exactly what Rayne needed.

AB isΒ on another level from basically every wr not named Julio, OBJ, AJ, or Hopkins. That doesn't mean certain dudes aren't worth a 1st though. I'd give up a 1st for Mike Evans/Michael Thomas/Theilan/Davante Adams, but i wouldn't for AB, and AB isΒ better than all of them.Β 

Β 

I'd wager AB ages like Marvin orΒ Rice. WRs on the smaller end who excel due to their crisp route running and feel for finding soft spots. We won't see a real decline until 34/35, that is if his brain can hold up.

I consider AB a tier 1 WR with an argument for the best in the game. I think he will be very good for another ~3Β years. Amari, with the benefit of hindsight, is a tier 3 WR, top 15ish, with room to improve. If we're assuming AB is demanding a new contract, then in both cases you would beΒ trading for a guy who will require a new contract. We'll have to wait until both sides get ironed out, but if they're anywhere close (and I bet they will be within $2M/year), then the value just doesn't add up for me. 3rd and a 5th for AB >>>>>>>>> 1st for Cooper any day of the week. Cooper will never be as good as AB is now, and I don't even think he willΒ be better than AB at any point over next few years, despite their opposite trajectories.Β 

Β 

Amari is/was not worth a 2019 1st for us. There is plenty of talent in this WR class, I'll take a 4 year WR for cheap over a guyΒ that is going to instantly call for top 10 WR money (if he works out, which is/was no guarantee)... especially when you consider our cap troubles. To give up a 1st AND have to make sacrifices? No chance in hell. I probably wouldn't trade for AB either, but solely because of the cap restraints, the price is a joke to me and I think theΒ burden of diva WR personalitiesΒ is so overblown... but we cannot have nearly $30M invested in 2 WRs... while also paying premium money for a TE.

Β 

Β 

Amari sure got a lot of hype when he first arrived in Dallas, getting his first 5 or 6 games getting extrapolated by fans into what would be all-pro seasons... but it was really a tale of 2 halves (and that 1st half had the benefit of monster game against our patchwork secondary). His final 5 games was just 26 catches for 254 yards and 1 TD. I don't have to bother extrapolating that to know how poor it is, probably equivalent to his last full year with Oakland.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'd wager AB ages like Marvin orΒ Rice. WRs on the smaller end who excel due to their crisp route running and feel for finding soft spots. We won't see a real decline until 34/35, that is if his brain can hold up.

I consider AB a tier 1 WR with an argument for the best in the game. I think he will be very good for another ~3Β years. Amari, with the benefit of hindsight, is a tier 3 WR, top 15ish, with room to improve. If we're assuming AB is demanding a new contract, then in both cases you would beΒ trading for a guy who will require a new contract. We'll have to wait until both sides get ironed out, but if they're anywhere close (and I bet they will be within $2M/year), then the value just doesn't add up for me. 3rd and a 5th for AB >>>>>>>>> 1st for Cooper any day of the week. Cooper will never be as good as AB is now, and I don't even think he willΒ be better than AB at any point over next few years, despite their opposite trajectories.Β 

Β 

Amari is/was not worth a 2019 1st for us. There is plenty of talent in this WR class, I'll take a 4 year WR for cheap over a guyΒ that is going to instantly call for top 10 WR money (if he works out, which is/was no guarantee)... especially when you consider our cap troubles. To give up a 1st AND have to make sacrifices? No chance in hell. I probably wouldn't trade for AB either, but solely because of the cap restraints, the price is a joke to me and I think theΒ burden of diva WR personalitiesΒ is so overblown... but we cannot have nearly $30M invested in 2 WRs... while also paying premium money for a TE.

Β 

Β 

Amari sure got a lot of hype when he first arrived in Dallas, getting his first 5 or 6 games getting extrapolated by fans into what would be all-pro seasons... but it was really a tale of 2 halves (and that 1st half had the benefit of monster game against our patchwork secondary). His final 5 games was just 26 catches for 254 yards and 1 TD. I don't have to bother extrapolating that to know how poor it is, probably equivalent to his last full year with Oakland.

Diva personalities might be overblown,Β but locker room culture isn't,Β and AB just doesn't seem like he'd mesh with ours. Plus at 20 mill per season,Β  that's just too much for any non QB or all pro DL.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Diva personalities might be overblown,Β but locker room culture isn't,Β and AB just doesn't seem like he'd mesh with ours. Plus at 20 mill per season,Β  that's just too much for any non QB or all pro DL.

Just saw his new contract is 3 years $54M, $30M guaranteed. I would assume that guaranteed money is front loaded inΒ first 2 years, which makes this a super reasonable contract to me. If he does decline, you won't be on the hook. I agree though in principle, I wouldn't want to pay a WR $18M like the Raiders are about to pay AB (however, if it was re-signing one of our WRs who was a stud, I'd swallow the pill), but I think Amari is going to get a similar deal. WR market is always high and making leaps.