πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I think Giants take Haskins. He'll need to sit behind Eli this year for sure. 2020 though? LOL

I think they take Oliver or Sweat at 6, then maybe Haskins if he slides to 17, but more likely they take Daniel Jones at the top of the 2nd.

1#6 Oliver or Sweat
1#17 DK or Dillard
2#37 Daniel Jones

Edited by Jeezla

26 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think they take Oliver or Sweat at 6, then maybe Haskins if he slides to 17, but more likely they take Daniel Jones at the top of the 2nd.

1#6 Oliver or Sweat
1#17 DK or Dillard
2#37 Daniel Jones

Probably Sweat, Gettleman seems like a guy who has measurables that he won’t go below. Probably have Oliver ranked low. I think they’ll take Lawrence if he’s there day 2.

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

1#6 Oliver or Sweat
1#17 DK or Dillard
2#37 Daniel Jones

Gettleman isn’t smart enough to take Oliver. He still thinks DT’s should look like Ted WashingtonΒ 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

wow

but they won’t pay Lawrence? AmazingΒ 

Kind of an ignorant statement. Gregory willΒ hit our cap for $300k if he is suspended. If he isnt suspended (it will likely be 4-6 games) he will be paid $700k. Which *barely* meets the threshold for hitting your cap space.Β 

Lawrence is scheduled to make $20m and is asking to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL ($26m+).Β 

Not really apples to apples now is it?

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Kind of an ignorant statement. Gregory willΒ hit our cap for $300k if he is suspended. If he isnt suspended (it will likely be 4-6 games) he will be paid $700k. Which *barely* meets the threshold for hitting your cap space.Β 

Lawrence is scheduled to make $20m and is asking to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL ($26m+).Β 

Not really apples to apples now is it?

Finance has nothing to do with it. Lawrence performs, has had little league trouble and is a cornerstone to a rebuilding defense. Yet the cowboys continue to give chance after chance to reclamation, damagedΒ projects.Β 

If you’re not paying him, then trade him. Why tell your team that you don’t value good performance but you jump at the opportunity to resign a troubled guy and get him on the cheap because he’s in a vulnerable position. Dallas just being skeevy once again.Β