🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

So thoughts on the Redskins first round?  I was lived when we drafted Haskins at 15, I've said all year long I thought Haskins should be a 2nd round pick based on the fact that he's had 1 year of starting experience.  Despite his solid arm and great completion % there just aren't enough QBs in the NFL that have succeeded with that limited amount of starting experience in college.  So to mitigate risk I was against taking him in the first.  But the trade up for Sweat has kind of changed all of that.  Sweat is the player I would have taken at 15.  He's exactly what our defense needs, an athletic pass rusher opposite of Kerrigan to cause havoc in opposing backfields.  I've been pushing for an edge rusher for months, I thought it was our biggest need.  With Sweat added we'll have 5 first round picks in our starting front 7 on defense.  

So if you had said we would have taken Sweat at 15 and traded two 2nds for Haskins I would have been OK with that.  Its arguably two of our biggest needs with two of the drafts top players at their positions.  So far I'm kind of liking what the Redskins are doing and I pretty much always hate everything they do.  

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So thoughts on the Redskins first round?  I was lived when we drafted Haskins at 15, I've said all year long I thought Haskins should be a 2nd round pick based on the fact that he's had 1 year of starting experience.  Despite his solid arm and great completion % there just aren't enough QBs in the NFL that have succeeded with that limited amount of starting experience in college.  So to mitigate risk I was against taking him in the first.  But the trade up for Sweat has kind of changed all of that.  Sweat is the player I would have taken at 15.  He's exactly what our defense needs, an athletic pass rusher opposite of Kerrigan to cause havoc in opposing backfields.  I've been pushing for an edge rusher for months, I thought it was our biggest need.  With Sweat added we'll have 5 first round picks in our starting front 7 on defense.  

So if you had said we would have taken Sweat at 15 and traded two 2nds for Haskins I would have been OK with that.  Its arguably two of our biggest needs with two of the drafts top players at their positions.  So far I'm kind of liking what the Redskins are doing and I pretty much always hate everything they do.  

Was a helluva lot better than what the Giants did for sure.

Not real high on any of these QBs, but glad for you guys that you didn’t move up top ten to get him. I think you should’ve just stacked up the team for next year with better prospects. 

But solid start for you guys, with the potential of of much more.

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Killed it. Need to draft WR's and a TE to supplant Reed when he gets 84th concussion. These draft dominoes are falling perfectly in synch with your team needs.  Need a QB? Haskins slides. Need another pass rusher? Every other FO apparently forgot to read the article this morning about Sweat not actually having anything worrisome. Need a WR? Damn near all of them still available. Need a TE? This draft is loaded (based on what I've read). You are gonna suck this year, because you deserve it for having a racist team name, but in 2-3 years if Haskins develops and you hit on a wr + te, Skins could be really good.  Of course by that time you'll need a new LT, CB, and yet another pass rusher to replace a declining Kerrigan, but it's a good draft for you so far. Ultimately it all depends on how good Haskins ends up being. His deep ball is pretty crap, but he's a better prospect than the dude the Giants just took that had to crow hop his deep balls at the combine to get enough air under them. In an indoor facility.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They took the LOL QB of the first round, a NT and a pretty good CB.  I like Lawrence but they traded away a top 3 WR in the NFL to get him.  Not sure I really understand that logic.  Baker was a good pick, the only problem with it was they traded up for him and there are a ton of CBs still left on the board (meaning a good one should be there at their natural pick).  

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not real high on any of these QBs, but glad for you guys that you didn’t move up top ten to get him. I think you should’ve just stacked up the team for next year with better prospects. 

We're in agreement but that was never going to happen.  Allen and Gruden are fighting for their jobs and Snyder is trying to sell tickets.  

I mean they might not even suck that much. They were doing better than the Eagles and Cowboys last year until Smith got hurt. We know how this league is. But I can see them going a solid 8-8 and make that playoff push difficult toward the end with all those divisional games. 

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Killed it. Need to draft WR's and a TE to supplant Reed when he gets 84th concussion

We don't have a 2nd now, but the way the board has fallen I can see good value at WR in the 3rd.  We actually need a LG more than a Wr though.  

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You are gonna suck this year, because you deserve it for having a racist team name,

A good defense (which I think we'll have) and a strong running game (Peterson + Guice + Chris Thompson) will keep us from "sucking".  I'm thinking middle of the pack with Keenum/Rookie Qb starting.  

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Of course by that time you'll need a new LT, CB, and yet another pass rusher to replace a declining Kerrigan, but it's a good draft for you so far.

We have solid depth at CB, but your right if someone behind Norman doesn't step up to take Norman's place we'll need a new #1.  We actually drafted an athletic LT last year in Geron Christian.  Kerrigan is my man but you're right, probably only a few years left.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They took the LOL QB of the first round, a NT and a pretty good CB.  I like Lawrence but they traded away a top 3 WR in the NFL to get him.  Not sure I really understand that logic.  Baker was a good pick, the only problem with it was they traded up for him and there are a ton of CBs still left on the board (meaning a good one should be there at their natural pick).  

Yeah I was higher than most on Lawrence, it’s jist they have no conception of value. Like exactly, no one has taken a corner. Just wait. He will probably be there. He was like no ones too CB for a long time.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Yeah I was higher than most on Lawrence, it’s jist they have no conception of value. Like exactly, no one has taken a corner. Just wait. He will probably be there. He was like no ones too CB for a long time.

Dude its more than that.  Gettleman is running his team like its 1970.  All he cares about is running the ball and stopping the run, yet the majority of the teams throw the ball 60%+ of the time now. Daniel Jones is a garbage QB, like I'm not sure he'll even be a capable NFL backup.  He took him at 6.  They traded a top 3 WR in the NFL for a NT and change, then traded up for a CB in a draft where there's no consensus CB and 4 would have been available at their natural pick.  But hey they have Saquon Barkley!

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We're in agreement but that was never going to happen.  Allen and Gruden are fighting for their jobs and Snyder is trying to sell tickets.  

That’s fair...just have to hope that he isn’t all talk and rises. He’s inexperienced, so plenty of room to grow as a QB/teammate/person. Football aside, looking into him more recently, seems a little phony in the way that he’s a “narrative guy” I think Rosen was like this too. It’s like who cares that you didn’t get picked by other teams. If it drives you let it drive you, don’t just throw it out there for a cheap sound bite. Just so overplayed at this point.

i thought the reasons for drive concerns was funny, because he threw a big party he’s not gonna try hard....they are getting worse every year.

i like when our division is competitive. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude its more than that.  Gettleman is running his team like its 1970.  All he cares about is running the ball and stopping the run, yet the majority of the teams throw the ball 60%+ of the time now. Daniel Jones is a garbage QB, like I'm not sure he'll even be a capable NFL backup.  He took him at 6.  They traded a top 3 WR in the NFL for a NT and change, then traded up for a CB in a draft where there's no consensus CB and 4 would have been available at their natural pick.  But hey they have Saquon Barkley!

Saquon gonna have historic numbers and be done at 26

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That’s fair...just have to hope that he isn’t all talk and rises. He’s inexperienced, so plenty of room to grow as a QB/teammate/person. Football aside, looking into him more recently, seems a little phony in the way that he’s a “narrative guy” I think Rosen was like this too. It’s like who cares that you didn’t get picked by other teams. If it drives you let it drive you, don’t just throw it out there for a cheap sound bite. Just so overplayed at this point.

i thought the reasons for drive concerns was funny, because he threw a big party he’s not gonna try hard....they are getting worse every year.

i like when our division is competitive. 

It was more than that, Haskins is actually from Maryland so he's local.  Snyder is going to sell the crap out of that.  Also, Snyder's son actually went to the same HS as Haskins and has a relationship with him and his family so Snyder is all in on this kid.  No question about it, this pick came from the top.  The problem is it sounds like our "football people" wanted someone else according to reporting.  I'm going to go out on a limb though and guess that Sweat was the guy "football people" wanted, he's just such a perfect fit for what our defense needed.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Saquon gonna have historic numbers and be done at 26

Nah he's gotta get that 2nd contract and actually be paid.  Giants will franchise tag him and he'll demand $100+ mil.  Then he'll bolt and get paid elsewhere, retire 2 seasons later and his grandchildren will love him forever.  

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

@MKnight82 I think the Redskins killed it. Pretty surprised that Snyder and co. made such good picks lol. A lots going to hinge on how well they can develop Haskins though 

This. I was bit bummed they picked who they did.

But the Giants tho lmao! A low ceiling QB with the 6 overall pick and a run stuffer. That's just outstanding 😂

• Like 2