🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m honestly just curios as to what metric measures the abilities of a receiving corps and ranks them. Seemingly would be pretty arbitrary. 

Also, given the small sample size as to “perfect scenario” Dak, I’d imagine you wouldn’t be so willing to die on the hill. But fans are fans I suppose. 

Also, trying to be as honest as you can here, isn’t a good QB measured in how he wills his team when his team surrounding him isn’t all that good? It’s tough to compare to the greats but that’s the goal right? When your QB is good-great, he imposes his skills to elevate his team. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, etc. All those guys have had a revolving door of skill players they’ve routinely made better. Not the opposite. Don’t you think that’s apart of being a good QB? Do you think any of them needed excuses as the ones presented? 

I dont think Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben or Rivers have ever had the dead last ranked WR group and the 5th worst pass blocking group. 

They ranked the WR's on ability to get open. They were ranked the worst group in the NFL at getting open by NFL.com. 

That correlates to what PFF said about Dak's 2017 season. That for 20% of his passes the WR had less than a yard of separation - which was one of the worst in the NFL. So 2 different sources both came to the same conclusion. 

Edited by Matts4313

18 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t even read the posts anymore. Matts himself said Wentz is better why keep going? 

Definition of forum

1a: the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b: a public meeting place for open discussion

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Definition of forum

1a: the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business

Yeah and after as many ridiculous takes on a particular subject as you've had over the years, people will tend to not really acknowledge what you say when that comes up again.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah and after as many ridiculous takes on a particular subject as you've had over the years, people will tend to not really acknowledge what you say when that comes up again.

The take is only ridiculous if you let it be emotional.

I base the arguments on fact. You (Dak/Cowboys Haters) base them on emotion. I still welcome you to debate me with facts. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I base the arguments on fact. You (Dak/Cowboys Haters) base them on emotion. I still welcome you to debate me with facts. 

There's no emotion involved from either side, just bias. 

Tell me if you see a stock that started low and then increased and kept it's value, and another stock which started high, then fell off a cliff, and has rebounded some, which one are you going to believe will me more stable and a sure thing.

It's like going with Google vs Bitcoin.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Definition of forum

If by open discussion you mean: going around in circles even when both parties have agreed on the matter, then by all means go ahead. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's no emotion involved from either side, just bias. 

Tell me if you see a stock that started low and then increased and kept it's value, and another stock which started high, then fell off a cliff, and has rebounded some, which one are you going to believe will me more stable and a sure thing.

It's like going with Google vs Bitcoin.

Depends on the financials. If you want to turn this into a stock debate, youve turned to the wrong person. 

You know what I find amusing? And I want all of you to soak this in. ALL OF YOU. In 2016 the big excuse for Wentz was his supporting cast. But you have all abandoned that position since then. Since he has had the deepest talent pool in the NFL. Why is that, you hypocrites? 

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yet Lane Johnson was factually the best blocker in the NFCE last year, but you emotionally voted for Tyron and Trent over him because of LT bias. The pot calling the kettle black. Typical ignoramous matts/typical cowboys homer.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yet Lane Johnson was factually the best blocker in the NFCE last year, but you emotionally voted for Tyron and Trent over him because of LT bias. The pot calling the kettle black. Typical ignoramous matts/typical cowboys homer.

Maybe reread the thread and try again. 

Just because it easy to say dumbarse things, it doesnt make them true. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe reread the thread and try again. 

Just because it easy to say dumbarse things, it doesnt make them true. 

You said Trent Williams and Tyron Smith are better than Lane Johnson. Even though, factually, Lane Johnson was better last year than both Tyron and Trent. You did this because you emotionally have a bias against RT's even though you pretend it's because you think Lane will test positive for peds, but nobody actually believes that bs. You simply hold it against Lane that he's a RT and then lie about it being because of steroid concerns. Lane Johnson, factually, does his job better than Tyron Smith does his over the last year.

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just want to pop in and give my annual thanks to the Cowboys and Giants for drafting:

• Zeke over
    • Ramsey
    • Buckner
  • Barkely over 
    • Ward
    • Chubb
    • QB

Positional value is dead to these teams, and what is dead may never die.

A RB that can contribute in the receiving game is more valuable than you give credit for.

If they can do that then a RB is on par with so the majority of other positions only being definitively trumped by QB and those who get to the QB.

14 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Just want to pop in and give my annual thanks to the Cowboys and Giants for drafting:

• Zeke over
    • Ramsey
    • Buckner
  • Barkely over 
    • Ward
    • Chubb
    • QB

Positional value is dead to these teams, and what is dead may never die.

I would have preferred the Giants took Darnold or Lamar and the Cowboys took Ramsey or Buckner over trying to stop Zeke and Saquon, which we failed to do. Those two aren't the reasons their teams lose, but they usually play a big part in why they win.

Edited by Jeezla