🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Just now, Jeezla said:

I would have preferred the Giants took Darnold or Lamar and the Cowboys took Ramsey or Buckner over trying to stop Zeke and Saquon, which we failed to do. Those two aren't the reasons their teams lose.

LaMar Jackson would have been a terrible pick over SaQuon. Rosen may also have been, but we'll really never know that for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

LaMar Jackson would have been a terrible pick over SaQuon. Rosen may also have been, but we'll really never know that for sure. 

Every QB not named Baker Mayfield would be a mistake over Saquon, until they actually show they can be top 10 Qb's.

Darnold is Andy Dalton 2.0. Gimme Saquon over that.

Josh Allen is an even less accurate Cam Newton. Gimme Saquon over that.

Rosen is basically Kevin Kolb 2.0. Gimme Saquon over that.

Lamar Jackson is basically a smaller Kaepernick that throws less and runs more. Gimme Saquon over that.

I'll take the best RB in the NFL over the 16th to 32nd best starting QB's. Maybe even over the 10th to 15th best starting Qb's.

Gotta be Stafford quality or better to say Saquon wasn't the right pick, and those guys aren't sniffing Stafford's tier yet.

Edited by Jeezla

You guys are missing the point.  Zeke and Barkley are two of the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league.  Ramsey and Ward aren't even in the top 40 IIRC.  That's a huge opportunity cost when it comes to team building under a hard cap.  Not to mention, Ramsey and Ward are incredible players in their own right and can transform a defense.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You guys are missing the point.  Zeke and Barkley are two of the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league.  Ramsey and Ward aren't even in the top 40 IIRC.  That's a huge opportunity cost when it comes to team building under a hard cap.  Not to mention, Ramsey and Ward are incredible players in their own right and can transform a defense.

They are 2 of the 5 best RB's in the league. What's the problem? Top 10 picks get paid, regardless of position.

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So you'd rather pay a top 5 player top 5 money than pay a top 5 player top 50 money.  Got it.

Yes. You win the NFCE by running the ball well. CB's don't really matter in our division. We won a SB giving up over 500 passing yards. I could have been back there and it wouldn't have changed much. Put me in at RB instead of Ajayi or Blount and it's a different story. Pass rush, steady Qb play, and dominant run games win the NFCE. Secondaries are just kinda there.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yes. You win the NFCE by running the ball well. CB's don't really matter in our division. We won a SB giving up over 500 passing yards. I could have been back there and it wouldn't have changed much. Put me in at RB instead of Ajayi or Blount and it's a different story.

CB's always matter.  A one game sample size doesn't change that.

You win the NFCE by being the best all-around team with consistent QB play.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yes. You win the NFCE by running the ball well. CB's don't really matter in our division. We won a SB giving up over 500 passing yards. I could have been back there and it wouldn't have changed much. Put me in at RB instead of Ajayi or Blount and it's a different story. Pass rush, steady Qb play, and dominant run games win the NFCE. Secondaries are just kinda there.

Isn’t that evidence you shouldn’t draft an rb high though? You’re better off building an o-line and getting low cost, but very good rbs

Edited by KellChippy

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

CB's always matter.  A one game sample size doesn't change that.

You win the NFCE by being the best all-around team with consistent QB play.

The only two times the Skins won the NFCE in the last decade was because they ran the ball better than the other 3 teams. How do you not understand this? The team that runs the ball the best wins our division year after year after year.

5 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Isn’t that evidence you shouldn’t draft an rb high though? You’re better off building and o-line and getting low cost, but very good rbs

You should always build a strong OL and DL, period. 

You've seen our losses vs the Cowboys in recent years. Zeke Elliot is always the main reason we lose. He converts huge 3rd downs and our Rb's don't. 3rd and 1, Zeke getting the ball is basically an auto 1st down against us. 3rd and 1 against the Cowboys with our RB's is a coin toss.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

The only two times the Skins won the NFCE in the last decade was because they ran the ball better than the other 3 teams. How do you not understand this? The team that runs the ball the best wins our division year after year after year.

Umm, this is awkward.  Redskins were dead last in rush yards and YPC in 2015 when they won the division.

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Umm, this is awkward.  Redskins were dead last in rush yards and YPC in 2015 when they won the division.

All of our teams sucked that year and someone had to win the division, but yea I was wrong about you running well that season. That's the season the wheels came off Alf Morris after he spent the first 3 running through our LB's. If you guys had a Zeke or Saquon you probably would have won a playoff game.

Besides having an Elite RB like SaQuon or Zeke, your running game is more dependent on the O-Line

QB, O-Line and D-Line, Offensive Weapons, Back-7.

It's a wide spread, but it's my order of priority when it comes to positional funding. I'm not a fan of paying corners high tier money. It doesn't really bring success. You should be spending that money on the trenches, and your QB but you wait as long as possible for that.

51 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

All of our teams sucked that year and someone had to win the division, but yea I was wrong about you running well that season. That's the season the wheels came off Alf Morris after he spent the first 3 running through our LB's. If you guys had a Zeke or Saquon you probably would have won a playoff game.

Doubt it.  We likely would have had to sacrifice some other position(s) that was key to the division win to afford them.