πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Besides having an Elite RB like SaQuon or Zeke, your running game is more dependent on the O-Line

QB, O-Line and D-Line, Offensive Weapons, Back-7.

It's a wide spread, but it's my order of priority when it comes to positional funding. I'm not a fan of paying corners high tier money. It doesn't really bring success. You should be spending that money on the trenches, and your QB but you wait as long as possible for that.

So why wouldn't you be a fan of drafting Chubb and Buckner over Barkley and Zeke, respectively, if you're all about the trenches?

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

So why wouldn't you be a fan of drafting Chubb and Buckner over Barkley and Zeke, respectively, if you're all about the trenches?

Because Barkley is my favorite football player of all time and I'm biased. He's also pretty much a shoe-in for the HoF if he stays healthy.

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Do you think Roseman would have drafted Barkley #2 overall?

in 2018? Given that we are coming off of being Super Bowl Champs and could afford that luxury, yeah I do. In the case of the Giants of being the Giants GM? No.

If you asked me honestly going into the draft, Darnold is the only QB I would have taken before SaQuon.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I like College Football better than Pro Football, and Runningback is my favorite position. Dawkins is certainly up there, but yeah.

Rank them as prospects:

Jonathan Taylor
Travis Etienne
D'Andre Swift
Zeke Elliott
Joe Mixon
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Todd Gurley

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Rank them as prospects:

Jonathan Taylor
Travis Etienne
D'Andre Swift
Zeke Elliott
Joe Mixon
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Todd Gurley

Β 

Β 

Todd Gurley
Ezekiel Elliot
Travis Etienne
Jonathan Taylor
Dalvin Cook
Derrius Guice
Joe Mixon
D'Andre Swift (I do need to watch more, but I'm pretty meh on him right now)

With the Jets firing their GM, lets hope this isn'tΒ  the case!!!!!

Β 

It is unlikely that Gase will remain the general manager for long.Β EaglesΒ vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Maccagnan given his ties to Gase. The first-yearΒ JetsΒ coach will be heavily involved in hiring the next GM, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Do you think Roseman would have drafted Barkley #2 overall?

DifferentΒ  circumstancesΒ but Yes. Wentz was already in place not an Aging 35 year old.

Now if you'reΒ asking if it was between drafting hisΒ FQBOTF orΒ SaquonΒ  in the same draft Wentz , Goff, Saquon?

He'sΒ  going FQB 10 out of 10Β times if Eli was his QB.

Edited by Nabbs4u

33 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Saying if Roseman was GM of the Giants

I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. It'd either be SaQuon, Chubb, or Darnold if he were making the choice at that moment in time for the Giants.

What IΒ canΒ say is that he wouldn't have taken Daniel Jones 6th overall.

stephenA.gif

• Like 1

If I'm Howie in control of the Giants and I hate everyone not named Baker at QB that year, it's easy....just trade back

There was enough talent and enough needy teams to do it.

The play was to take the jets deal that the Colts took.

At #6 you are still in a great position. I don't think the colts would have taken Saquon at #3, maybe the Browns do at #4.Β 

Maybe Saquon makes it to #6 with teams moving up for QBs, still a top ten RB selection but you get that bevy of 2nd rounders from the Jets.
If not you have a good foundational piece in Chubb maybe, a stud CB prospect in Ward or maybe you grab one of the Notre Dame OL. I couldnt really take it against the Giants if they wanted a guy like Nelson to try and combat Cox and the Skins interior pressure. Or maybe you like Allen or Rosen enough to take them at #6.Β 

And if you want none of the above? Do the Bills-Tampa trade and get at least two more 2nd rounders.
All said and done going from #2>#6>#12 gets you 5 2nd round picks at the very least, plus one of those guys who went in the teens last year.
that's 6 high value pieces to build your team. And if you follow the trades it turned into way more picks than that.
Instead of taking a luxury pick like Saquon who seemingly will kinda have to dwindle the start of his career away with no team around him.

I'm not adverse to taking a RB if they are special, but you better have at least an OL in place. Gettleman was sitting pretty and could have crafted the Giants into the team of the 2020s, but he got enamored with Saquads and he'll be fired at the beginning of the decade instead.Β 

• Like 1