πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

14 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

He would need a DPOTY or more 1st team all pros.Β 

I think we'll see a run here where it's him and Donald every year as the 1st team all pros.
He's finally gotten the national attention he deserved the last two years. And that's growing.

A DPOTY would be a great feather in the cap though

Unless new school voters get involved with all the analytics, he doesn’t get in right now. He’s at the end of his prime but could still see about 5 or so more years of effectiveness. He would need a good amount moreΒ sacks when all is done. (50?) Would needΒ to pile up pro bowls. It’s going to be hard getting all pros with Donald around. There’s not many DTs in and the most recent ones are Sapp and Randle and those are tough careers to be compared to. I think, for Cox, it’ll come down to these next few years. If he can get a lot of sacks, nab an all pro, multiple pro bowls, a SB wouldn’t hurt, then he’s in.Β 

Fletcher Cox is a HOF level talent for sure.

His early career usageΒ in a 3-4 will probably be the main reason he isn't considered first ballot.

He was the best player on our entire team (probably by a good bit) when we won the Super Bowl whichΒ speaks volumes. If he maintains the elite level he is playing at right now for three to four more years he will be undoubtedly borderline first ballot imo. He has the natural athleticism to do it.

• Like 1

1st ballot HOF inductees, don't grow on tree's.Β  They are the Elite of the Elite. That is Donald from this group /Era.Β Cox while great will be more of a Brian Dawkins then a Ed Reed if both continue on their current paths.

Potential HOF'er,Β  Yes. With a whole lot of work left to do.

Edited by Nabbs4u

34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

1st ballot HOF inductees, don't grow on tree's.Β  They are the Elite of the Elite. That is Donald from this group /Era.Β Cox while great will be more of a Brian Dawkins then a Ed Reed if both continue on their current paths.

Potential HOF'er,Β  Yes. With a whole lot of work left to do.

I don't think there's any doubt Cox is in the Hall, but I find it unlikely (not impossible) that he's a first ballot.

Definitely on a HOF track. 4 all-pros nods and won't turn 29 until late this season. If he stays healthy, we should be getting at least 2 more years of prime Cox. I think 6 all-pros would be the magic number thatΒ virtually guaranteesΒ a spot in the HOF. Definitely not 1st ballot unless he puts in a DPOY year or has some unreal longevity and just stacks up like ~8Β all-pros and ~10 pro bowls.

Β 

Peters is the only true HOF lock on the roster, as in if he retired today he would make the hall.

45 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Definitely on a HOF track. 4 all-pros nods and won't turn 29 until late this season. If he stays healthy, we should be getting at least 2 more years of prime Cox. I think 6 all-pros would be the magic number thatΒ virtually guaranteesΒ a spot in the HOF. Definitely not 1st ballot unless he puts in a DPOY year or has some unreal longevity and just stacks up like ~8Β all-pros and ~10 pro bowls.

Β 

Peters is the only true HOF lock on the roster, as in if he retired today he would make the hall.

Was going to like, but didn't do the post justice.

This!

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837387-ranking-every-nfl-receiving-corps-heading-into-the-2019-seasonΒ 

Redskins - 32

Giants - 25 (I think that is generous)

Cowboys - 19Β 

Eagles - 6Β 

At least you have a built in, NFCE especial, excuse for Haskins. He doesn’t have to be prove he’s good until he has a decent surrounding cast. It’s fail proof.Β