πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

From history class we learned that a common enemy creates unity. Daniel Jones will bring you guys closer together than you ever imagined. The whole Dak vs. Wentz rivalry will be long forgotten as Daniel Jones pillages the division.Β 

Prepare to be @β€˜ed like crazy this season as the Giants stumble to another top 5 pick just to waste it.....again

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hey Gmen, serious question. You on board with and a true believer in Jones as the FQBOTF or just that fed up with Elisha and ready to move on? I can't tell? Sounds like sarcasm but who knows.Β 

As a fan, I am an optimist. There are very few first round Giants selections that I’veΒ had difficulty gettingΒ on board with (Aaron Ross, Justin Pugh). I have not had much difficulty getting on board with Daniel Jones. There is a lot to like about him. Big, athletic, smart, tough, good mechanics, high character.Β There are questions aboutΒ his production, but he played on a terrible team that had a total of 1 other player drafted during his 3 years at Duke. If you put that aside and look at him as a prospect, you can see why he was drafted 6th overall. HeΒ has all the tools to succeed in the NFL.Β 

So far,Β the reports out of OTAs (I know it’s just OTAs) have been very positive, which is encouraging. Golden Tate praised his arm strength. Shula praisedΒ his athleticism. Shurmur says he processes information quickly and doesn’t make the same mistake twice. Outsiders looking in have noticed as well (Pete Prisco had a very positiveΒ article about him). The Giants are already dancing around a quarterback controversy after just one month.Β 

I think Shurmur can immediately utilize him in a similar way he used Keenum in Minnesota. Obviously Jones’ ceiling is much higher. I think Daniel Jones starts 10 games his rookie season, has his fair share of struggles, butΒ makes enough plays to show he belongs. I certainly think he’ll do better than last year’s rookie quarterback class (minus mayfield). Saquon will make his life easier, but the Giants still need to get him a true #1 receiver.Β IΒ truly do believe the future is bright for the Giants with this backfield.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

Gmen is just hoping for the best, I can't blame him. Maybe David Gettleman is smarter than everyone else here and in the NFL, but it's unlikely.

Biggest problem for the Giants is they have 2 slot receivers and no outside threats. And then of course is the line going to finally come together?

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Gmen is just hoping for the best, I can't blame him. Maybe David Gettleman is smarter than everyone else here and in the NFL, but it's unlikely.

Smarter than everyone here? For sure. He’s a successfulΒ NFL GM that’s been a part of half a dozen Super Bowl teams.

Smarter than the NFL? No need. The perception of Jones in NFL circles was reportedly much higher than most people realized. Hence the surprise when he was drafted at #6. But, he had plenty of interest, including from Belicheck.Β 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-showing-growing-interest-duke-qb-daniel

Β 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Smarter than everyone here? For sure. He’s a successfulΒ NFL GM that’s been a part of half a dozen Super Bowl teams.

Smarter than the NFL? No need. The perception of Jones in NFL circles was reportedly much higher than most people realized. Hence the surprise when he was drafted at #6. But, he had plenty of interest, including from Belicheck.Β 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-patriots-showing-growing-interest-duke-qb-daniel

Β 

There are quite a few people on this site, that if given the same resources the actual GMs have to work with, I truely believe would do a better job than some NFL GMs. Hot-take.

Edited by Danger

8 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

It's easy to be a GM. Just draft good players.

Or don’t and still be a GM. It’s like being a good weatherman. Just throw some ish at the wall, with some semblance of an idea of how football worksΒ , and hope it sticks.Β 

I mean, I’m sure there are studies that draft nerds do that prove that they’re just as β€œacceptable” as some GMs are.Β 

I think with the crap shoot the draft can be, the more important skill to have isΒ cap handling.Β