πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What metric is this? 34th out of 35th in what?Β 

If its conversions, it doesnt surprise me at all. Anything longer than about 5 yards and we would call a screen or a slant because our OC was pathetic.Β 

Or perhaps the OC was only calling what his offense was capable of managing.

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

Or perhaps the OC was only calling what his offense was capable of managing.

That doesnt even make sense logically. Hence why on average Dak throws the ball deeper and withΒ more success than Wentz. It was just bad play calling.Β 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What metric is this? 34th out of 35th in what?Β 

If its conversions, it doesnt surprise me at all. Anything longer than about 5 yards and we would call a screen or a slant because our OC was pathetic.Β 

I imagine it’s out of qualifying QBs.Β 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/6/20/18693543/dakota-prescott-king-of-the-4th-quarter-comebacks

Article breaks down comeback Dak stats while the β€œpressure” intensifies.Β 

I do love that the systemic hatred of the Cowboys goes all the way up to the Eagles dedicated website.

Β 

EDIT => That article reads like it was written by a 19 year old on this site.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

All QBs.... in what metric?Β 

How many stanley nickles they earn per a 3rd down? I mean it could be passer rating, YPA, conversions.... its not super clear.

It says 3rd and long’s. And it has minimal attempts qualifier. And the 34 out of 35 is where he ranks out of those who qualify.Β 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It says 3rd and long’s. And it has minimal attempts qualifier. And the 34 out of 35 is where he ranks out of those who qualify.Β 

You are still missing the point. What is it measuring on 3rd and long? Is it measuring conversions? Completions? Passer rating? What?

Am I speaking a different language. I dont think what I am asking is very complicated.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Stats are stats, amirite?

Its not even good stats. He starts off "DakVWentz" and then doesnt even give Wentz's stats to compare. If Dak is at a 71 rating, but Wentz is at a 40, then Dak is still clearly far superior. Its just a really ishy written article, even if the stats are accurate.Β 

But it doesnt even look like the writer pulled the stats himself, so who knows.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are still missing the point. What is it measuring on 3rd and long? Is it measuring conversions? Completions? Passer rating? What?

Am I speaking a different language. I dont think what I am asking is very complicated.

Its not even good stats. He starts off "DakVWentz" and then doesnt even give Wentz's stats to compare. If Dak is at a 71 rating, but Wentz is at a 40, then Dak is still clearly far superior. Its just a really ishy written article, even if the stats are accurate.Β 

But it doesnt even look like the writer pulled the stats himself, so who knows.Β 

I think it infers 3rd and long conversions. Thus the reason why he states 3rd and long and conversions a couple times. It says a line down:Β Wentz comes in 4th, 10th, and converted twice as many with his legs.

I think the author is just debunking the Cowboy fan argument that he’s so clutch. Honestly, it’s weak but it definitely shows he’s not as good when they need him to take it all the way.Β 

Β 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 2