πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I'm sure the quote above (last page apparently ) is insightful, educational, full of all kinds of phenomenal knowledge but I'm being honest when I say it is still nice not having to see or view it. Carry on! 🍺🀜

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I do love that the systemic hatred of the Cowboys goes all the way up to the Eagles dedicated website.

Β 

EDIT => That article reads like it was written by a 19 year old on this site.Β 

That maybe so, but you didn't attempt to refute the points written. Speaking of 19 year olds on this site. Where's baby Trolland?

19 hours ago, Danger said:

Β 

Β 

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

What metric is this? 34th out of 35th in what?Β 

If its conversions, it doesnt surprise me at all. Anything longer than about 5 yards and we would call a screen or a slant because our OC was pathetic.Β 

The tweet literally says "Here's Dak's passing on 3rd and long conversions"

Why would someone try and make a poitn based on 3rd and long completions or 3rd and long YPA, they really don't address what you're trying to accomplish on 3rd and long.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Β 

The tweet literally says "Here's Dak's passing on 3rd and long conversions"

Why would someone try and make a poitn based on 3rd and long completions or 3rd and long YPA, they really don't address what you're trying to accomplish on 3rd and long.

Because if you are measuring the QB, you might want to see how he performed within the play called. That would differentiate who is more at fault, the QB or OC.Β 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

That maybe so, but you didn't attempt to refute the points written. Speaking of 19 year olds on this site. Where's baby Trolland?

He gave no basis for comparison nor did he even do the research himself.Β 

I kinda suck at the PFR queries or else I would attempt to see how that stacks vs other QBs.Β Β 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He gave no basis for comparison nor did he even do the research himself.Β 

He doesn't need to give comparison. He's simply showing the nature of the very misleading statistics used to justify that Dak Prescott is "clutch". What does it matter if someone else derived the argument. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Never stopped you from quoting some Reddit post to try and back your boy Dak and prop it up as fact.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He doesn't need to give comparison. He's simply showing the nature of the very misleading statistics used to justify that Dak Prescott is "clutch". What does it matter if someone else derived the argument. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel. Never stopped you from quoting some Reddit post to try and back your boy Dak and prop it up as fact.

Because the entire first part of the article is Dak V Wentz.... And then he doesnt give Wentz stats. Nor anyone else in the league. There is no basis for reference. What if a 71 QB rating in that scenario is top 5 in the entire NFL? Then it would show he is still more clutch than ~25 other QBs.Β 

Β 

Anyways:

Β 

There, let me pimp my boy.Β 

Interestingly enough, on Reddit right now there is a post about Dak/3rd down. On 3rd and 6+ yards last year (after Cooper) his passer rating was 113.Β 

So again, Dak executed the play at a very high level. The play call was just terrible.Β 

You guys might like this, Foles led the NFL with a 126 QB rating.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

So how awkward will it be when the Cowboys pay Dak 30M+ only to draft his replacement (Jerry'sΒ Grandson) John Stephen in 2 years? Does Dak get more then 2Β years guaranteed? Think that might be the hold up in negotiations? Guaranteed Money/years?

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Because the entire first part of the article is Dak V Wentz.... And then he doesnt give Wentz stats. Nor anyone else in the league. There is no basis for reference. What if a 71 QB rating in that scenario is top 5 in the entire NFL? Then it would show he is still more clutch than ~25 other QBs.Β 

Β 

Anyways:

Β 

There, let me pimp my boy.Β 

So.....checkdowns?

He completes 78% of adjusted passes yet is piss poor in 3rd and long conversion. Isn’t this exactly what you’re talking about? Random stats without the rest of the story.Β 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Interestingly enough, on Reddit right now there is a post about Dak/3rd down. On 3rd and 6+ yards last year (after Cooper) his passer rating was 113.Β 

So again, Dak executed the play at a very high level. The play call was just terrible.Β 

You guys might like this, Foles led the NFL with a 126 QB rating.Β 

Does Dak only get one guy to throw to or something? Did the OC just run routes purposefully to not get first downs. I don’t get it. He has decisions to make as well right? Can’t he just hotΒ route or is he not able to do that?Β