🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If Dak did he wouldn’t be in the “260 yds for life” club that he captains.

Thats a bulk stat. Its irrelevant. Maybe the problem here is that you all use bad metrics. Grading by bad metrics is silly. I dont ask a plumber what WPM can he type. 

Completion percentage correlates slightly with team wins, but total pass yards (and yards/game) does not and is not signficant.

http://archive.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2007/01/other-stats-correlations-with-wins.html

Of the 256 regular season games in 2015:

• the team with more passing yards won 135 (52.7%) of them

• the team with the higher passer rating won 205 (80%) of them

• -Reddit

while it was a whopping 0.84 between passing efficiency and winning.

http://www.footballperspective.com/any-a-rushing-yards-and-winning-percentage/

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

No it’s not, the argument is who is better, who is more talented. You strip all of their crutches away from them, Dak would fade faster. Even now with good players he barely cracks 300 yards, what’s he going to do when it’s all on him? Evidence has shown he maybe can’t?

300 yards is a bad measurement. As I just pointed out. It has no relation to playing well or winning, so why use it?

Dak has more hindrances than crutches the past year and half.

You keep saying good players. But which ones? You want to trade Blake Jarwin for Ertz? Cole for Alshon? 22nd worst OL for the 8th best (or whatever?)?

I like the framing to make Dak look good, but Brady has been so good at being a great QB that it’s efficient. It’s like saying a calico kitten is the same as a lion because they both have whiskers. Brady picks apart a defense, Dak routinely leaves 40+ plays on the field by not reading downfield. Efficient at taking care of your mistakes and efficient at taking advantage of your opportunities are also not the same.

Ok. Matt Stafford is a bulk passer. Alex Smith is an efficient passer. Which has done better? 

It’s more that Nick wasn’t that good those games, note I didn’t say he’d be better than Foles in the NFCCG or Super Bowl...he kinda maxed out those two games.

We’ve seen Carson do well in big games. He was playing great in the clinching Rams game. He was great in a big Carolina game earlier that year on the road on a Thursday night. He hasn’t had much opportunity though yes. We just don’t know. We do know Dak has yet to show he has the skills to really win big late in the year though.

Cmon man. This is flat out wrong. Just this playoffs we saw Dak go clutchmode against the Seahawks followed by being the only player to show up against the rams. We saw him throw the team on his back against the Packers in the playoffs. He has literally risen to every opportunity that has ever been presented.

Dak has shown up. Big time. This is just intellectually dishonest hate propaganda you commie.

We can throw out this one if you want, but I’d expect a magical change in Dak ushered in by the great Kellen Moore to equally have it’s brakes tapped to, until we see it.

Yeah, I am not sure Moore is the answer either. 

But where you are wrong is **DAK DOESNT NEED A MAGICAL CHANGE**. He is already boderline top 10. He has been borderline top 10 his first 25 games. His last 13 games. His 3 playoff games. Thats 41/51 or ~80% of the time. He just needs to not have any more of those godawful, terrible, poopy runs like Falcons '17-start of '18.

BTW, Daks stat line the last 15 games (playoffs and the 13 before) is pretty spectacular. Its like 4:1 TD to INT, 67%+ comp, 105 QB Rating, pretty damn high AY/A and a ton of wins. 

Although not a "season" - - 15 games is a huge sample size. 

EDIT - I found the tweet:

Edited by Matts4313

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a bulk stat. Its irrelevant. Maybe the problem here is that you all use bad metrics. Grading by bad metrics is silly. I dont ask a plumber what WPM can he type. 

but it'd be much cooler if he could read the open 40 yard passes though, right? 
Some big plays might help when they need it, right?

Just because they don't tell a whole story one way doesn't mean those stats also don't hide the otherside of things.
Such as Dak routinely... either through choice, lack of ability, trust from  the staff, or skills of the coaching staff... missing on big plays.

Just wanted to interject the point of that post you cut out

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

but it'd be much cooler if he could read the open 40 yard passes though, right? 
Some big plays might help when they need it, right?

Just because they don't tell a whole story one way doesn't mean those stats also don't hide the otherside of things.
Such as Dak routinely... either through choice, lack of ability, trust from  the staff, or skills of the coaching staff... missing on big plays.

Just wanted to interject the point of that post you cut out

Big plays boon efficiency stats. So obviously they are important. It increases virtually every aspect of ANY/A - which is ultimately the stat that matters most. 

There is been nothing to show me that Dak cant "read the open 40 yard passes". This is your Eagles bias.

There has been this though, when Kellen Moore was asked why Dak has been better at deep passes this offseason, he said "Well, for one, we now actually practice throwing it deep".

Because Scott Linehan was trash. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I like the framing to make Dak look good, but Brady has been so good at being a great QB that it’s efficient. It’s like saying a calico kitten is the same as a lion because they both have whiskers. Brady picks apart a defense, Dak routinely leaves 40+ plays on the field by not reading downfield. Efficient at taking care of your mistakes and efficient at taking advantage of your opportunities are also not the same.

Ok. Matt Stafford is a bulk passer. Alex Smith is an efficient passer. Which has done better? 

Neither really, is Alex Smith what you are hoping for?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It’s more that Nick wasn’t that good those games, note I didn’t say he’d be better than Foles in the NFCCG or Super Bowl...he kinda maxed out those two games.

We’ve seen Carson do well in big games. He was playing great in the clinching Rams game. He was great in a big Carolina game earlier that year on the road on a Thursday night. He hasn’t had much opportunity though yes. We just don’t know. We do know Dak has yet to show he has the skills to really win big late in the year though.

Cmon man. This is flat out wrong. Just this playoffs we saw Dak go clutchmode against the Seahawks followed by being the only player to show up against the rams. We saw him throw the team on his back against the Packers in the playoffs. He has literally risen to every opportunity that has ever been presented.

Dak has shown up. Big time. This is just intellectually dishonest hate propaganda you commie.

Sorry, he showed up...it's just he's not that skilled for that to really change the game.
The Seahawks wasn't an impressive win really, they brought a terrible gameplan.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

BTW, Daks stat line the last 15 games (playoffs and the 13 before) is pretty spectacular. Its like 4:1 TD to INT, 67%+ comp, 105 QB Rating, pretty damn high AY/A and a ton of wins. 

Although not a "season" - - 15 games is a huge sample size. 

What is it without the garbage time game they barely won against the Giants week 17? Would assume that inflated it some.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Big plays boon efficiency stats. So obviously they are important. It increases virtually every aspect of ANY/A - which is ultimately the stat that matters most. 

There is been nothing to show me that Dak cant "read the open 40 yard passes". This is your Eagles bias.

There has been this though, when Kellen Moore was asked why Dak has been better at deep passes this offseason, he said "Well, for one, we now actually practice throwing it deep".

Because Scott Linehan was trash. 

I hate it when my "Eagles Bias" kicks in when watching Dak not reading a field and miss big plays downfield.

tumblr_loe81lyqcm1qbxi45o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

hate to see it

God the responses to that post reek of ignorance like "He signed a contract, honor it." 

ok
1. He was drafted and didn't have any real say in negotiations, you take what you get, just how it is.
2. Runningbacks have the shortest shelf life of any position.
3. Dude has carried that team and vastly outperformed his pay grade
4. Piggybacking off of #2, Rookie's can effectively be forced to play with the team that drafted them for the first 7 years of their careers without having a good long term deal. (4+1 and then 2 franchise years) The system is broken.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

God the responses to that post reek of ignorance like "He signed a contract, honor it." 

ok
1. He was drafted and didn't have any real say in negotiations, you take what you get, just how it is.
2. Runningbacks have the shortest shelf life of any position.
3. Dude has carried that team and vastly outperformed his pay grade
4. Piggybacking off of #2, Rookie's can effectively be forced to play with the team that drafted them for the first 7 years of their careers without having a good long term deal. (4+1 and then 2 franchise years) The system is broken.

How little people go after the billionaire owners, but will demonize guys trying to get a fair deal has always been sad.

They need to fix the control teams have with the franchise tag for sure.

I don't blame him for holding out with how much they rely on him and use him. That offense dies without Zeke.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

How little people go after the billionaire owners, but will demonize guys trying to get a fair deal has always been sad.

They need to fix the control teams have with the franchise tag for sure.

I don't blame him for holding out with how much they rely on him and use him. That offense dies without Zeke.

I've always thought the Franchise tag was an incredibly unfair tactic for owners. Holding players somewhere against their will and there's nothing they can do about it.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've always thought the Franchise tag was an incredibly unfair tactic for owners. Holding players somewhere against their will and there's nothing they can do about it.

Yeah, I get why it was created, help out the smaller markets.
But they are more or less fine on their own now, some of them have come up with additional ways to expand like the Bills and Jags.

A guy like Clowney or some Qb could lose 10-20 easy from the prolonged tagging.

You should be able to create an environment where players want to stay, if you can't...that's on you.

Some of these teams seem like they just don't actually care about winning or getting better.
Why punish the players for seeking a place that does?

Maybe they'll retool the compensatory pick system, 
Make the top 3-5 paid players get you a pick at the end of the 2nd...
Put protections in so signing low level guys wont cancel out bigger contracts you lose...like the Fort situation for us.

I understand the need for it, but controlling a 1st round pick for 6 to 8 years is a lot.
The one benefit being that it keeps away the chance for the NFL to become full blown NBA.