πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Freds has weak cells, bottom 5 immune system in the league

(how has he looked? anywhere near as good?)

He's been good. No setbacks. We will see how he does week 1.Β 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note - with Daniel Jones ( @Gmen) in the division, this thread title finally makes sense. Cowboys and Giants, 1/2 the division is relevant.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

He's been good. No setbacks. We will see how he does week 1.Β 

thats good, does that come with lingering muscle issues?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Side note - with Daniel Jones ( @Gmen) in the division, this thread title finally makes sense. Cowboys and Giants, 1/2 the division is relevant.

It's actually representative of every team

Redskins have half a good team, just waitin on that offense
Giants have Eli..the NFL's aspergers version of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde
Carson is healthy for half the schedule
And Dak can read half a fieldΒ 

~ perfectly balanced, as all things should be ~

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

thats good, does that come with lingering muscle issues?

Not that I know of. He is supposed to be 100% fully recovered. Mark Schlereth came back from the same thing and was a probowl player.Β 

PS: YourΒ write up -Β giphy.gif

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Not that I know of. He is supposed to be 100% fully recovered. Mark Schlereth came back from the same thing and was a probowl player.Β 

PS: That write up was gold Jerry, GOLD

oh didnt know that about Mark, that's a good sign

On 8/28/2019 at 2:39 PM, Matts4313 said:

There has been a lot of rumors that the Zeke deal has been done for over a week. I think Zeke just doesnt want to show up yet. Jerry pretty much just confirmed Zeke is signed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1166777976920449024

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-accepts-cowboys-might-play-games-without-ezekiel-elliott-but-says-he-cant-miss-them-all/

Must have been a take it or leave it deal then.Β 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Β 

I don't like Jerry Jones but he has a point here.Β  Also i don't see how Zeke has any leverage, he has two years left on his rookie deal and the Cowboys can Franchise Tag him for a season or two after that.Β  Its not comparable to the Leveon Bell situation at all.Β  The Cowboys can literally hold him hostage for several years before he hits FA.Β Β 

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't like Jerry Jones but he has a point here.Β  Also i don't see how Zeke has any leverage, he has two years left on his rookie deal and the Cowboys can Franchise Tag him for a season or two after that.Β  Its not comparable to the Leveon Bell situation at all.Β  The Cowboys can literally hold him hostage for several years before he hits FA.Β Β 

Just here for the chaos

I get Zekes gripe that they will drain him by using himΒ and then kick him once they have to pay him in potentially 3+ years

RBs are on aΒ different timetableΒ 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That's the law of the land, but the law of the land in this case is unfair and unjust.Β 

A team can realistically retain a Rookie runningback for the first 7 years of their career without giving them a long term extension. That's basically the largest part of their career, and who knows if any team would be able to give them a long term deal after that? Things need to change. And if ANYONE on Dallas has earned an extension/raise/long term security, it's Zeke.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's the law of the land, but the law of the land in this case is unfair and unjust.Β 

A team can realistically retain a Rookie runningback for the first 7 years of their career without giving them a long term extension. That's basically the largest part of their career, and who knows if any team would be able to give them a long term deal after that? Things need to change. And if ANYONE on Dallas has earned an extension/raise/long term security, it's Zeke.

Zeke did benefit from getting paid a top 5 pick salary, which most RBs do not get.Β  He also gets a pretty impressive 5th year option salary of more than $9 mil.Β  Even if they tag him he will get paid as a top 5 RB that year.Β  I get what you're saying about him not having protection from injury without a long term deal, but he's going to be one of the top paid RBs in the league for the next 2 years (after this year) regardless of whether he gets a new contract or not.Β Β 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

By getting suspended?Β 

Groping (for sure) or being accused of violence towards women (lie, imo)

Or going out a few months ago and being a drunk bully?

Or by playing the most easily replaced position in the NFL?

By already being a top 5 paid RB his entire career?

Which thing makes him #1?

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

By getting suspended?Β 

Groping (for sure) or being accused of violence towards women (lie, imo)

Or going out a few months ago and being a drunk bully?

Or by playing the most easily replaced position in the NFL?

By already being a top 5 paid RB his entire career?

Which thing makes him #1?

can we take a moment and appreciate the flipping of us all on Zeke

love it

• Like 1

| Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β 

nHCRqRF.png

| Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β Protect Zeke |Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

can we take a moment and appreciate the flipping of us all on Zeke

love it

Ive been super critical of ZekeΒ since before the hold out.

1. I dont think he sexually abused that girl, but I do think he acted like a whiny B on All or Nothing during the suspension.Β 

2. I dont think showing a boob is aΒ big of a deal, except for there wereΒ probably kids since it was a mid-day parade.

3. I dont think that security guard should have been given a dime. But Zeke *DID* bully him.

4. I literally made multiple threads stating that rushing is not important. @Art_VandalayΒ said I had become a meme. It didnt stick.

5. Zeke has been highly compensated for a RB over the past few years. Thats just a fact.

Β 

There is no flip flopping on any of this. Ive been called a Zeke hater non-stop in the Cowboys forum since 2017. For the record, I dont hate Zeke. I just think he is replaceable and a knucklehead.Β 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Just here for the chaos

I get Zekes gripe that they will drain him by using himΒ and then kick him once they have to pay him in potentially 3+ years

RBs are on aΒ different timetableΒ 

Just ask DeMarco Murray.Β  Jerry has already proven what he's going to do. Hence why Zeke should not follow his example. Any future "off the field issues" can be language into the contract and I don't think he'd blink on signing if the money is right let's not pretend otherwise.Β 

The issue here is not any of that , its the fact players like Bell, Zeke and Gordon are trying to reset when RB get paid. Reset what will be most likely bargained into the next CBA, specifically for that position group who for Decades has gotten the short end of the stick!

That is the real issue. Zeke and any RB worth their salt should be doing exactly the same thing. Aka Saquon too after he puts up similar or better numbers his first 3 yrs!!!

Kamara, McCaffrey, ect...

Edited by Nabbs4u