πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

You ask that like we're in the minority. I have yet to see an analyst outside of Skip imply Dak is top 10.

But to answer your question, when the team consistently centers their offense around Dak and not Zeke would probably be the first thing. Not looking like a clone of Alex Smith would probably be the next thing.

The NFL just did a survey. Dak was the #10 QB. PFF has Dak top 10. F.O. has Dak in the top 10.Β 

You are in the minority.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The NFL just did a survey. Dak was the #10 QB. PFF has Dak top 10. F.O. has Dak in the top 10.Β 

You are in the minority.

The NFL literally surveyed all NFL players in the offseason and Dak wasn't a top 100 player, nor a top 15 QB 🀣 Sorry you're delusional, bud

Jump to the 5:30 mark. That's the perception

Jump to 5;30

29 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

The NFL literally surveyed all NFL players in the offseason and Dak wasn't a top 100 player, nor a top 15 QB 🀣 Sorry you're delusional, bud

Jump to the 5:30 mark. That's the perception

Jump to 5;30

The link is literally right here. Today the NFL ranked him top 10.

The NFL "surveyed top 100 people" have had Dak as high as a top 5 QB in the past. Does that sway you?

As for this past year, I already showed multiple sites that had him in the 10-15 range preseason.Β 

Or what about the probowl? Dak has to be at/nearΒ top 10 guy to make that (66% of the probowl vote is player/coaches)

Colin Cowerd literally just did an interview with Witten this week where he was talking about how highly he thinks of Dak.

PFF's rankings are often trash. Their stats are good though. My point was just giving you another analyst. You asked for analyst. I gave you multiple.Β 

As of right now, most analyst have Dak very near or in the top 10. The GMFB people said he deserves to be the highest paid QB.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Edited by Matts4313

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

As of right now, most analyst have Dak in the top 10. The GMFB people said he deserves to be the highest paid QB

So per the link, Carson Wentz is the 7th best QB in the league and clearly better than Dak? I can dig it. But seriously, you're saying this article after week 1 overrides the opinion of all NFL players who were judging their peers based off the performance of an entire season? This article after week 1 is the "majority" and all NFL players are the "minority." The delusion is strong in this one.

And deserving doesn't mean they think he's great. It means he has a good resume. A good example of this is Marcellus Wiley and Jason McIntyre arguing about this. It was basically Dak vs Wentz and Marcellus was reading off all the stats that showed his resume was better, and why Dak should be paid. McIntyre flat out asksΒ who would you rather have, and Marcellus says, Wentz.

This is the definition of QB purgatory. An average QB does well enough and/or wins enough to get paidΒ organization is then put in a tough spot. Pay the QB you've been winning with although he's not special, or start over.

Btw, Alex Smith is a 3x Pro Bowler. I guess that means he was a top 10 QB. AndΒ Cowherd still acknowledges Dak isn't top 10. He talks about it every other day lol. This list is directly from NFL Execs one month ago.

Β 

Edited by Art_Vandalay

So per the link, Carson Wentz is the 7th best QB in the league and clearly better than Dak?

Thats their opinion for now. I even have WentzΒ 1 spot ahead in my rankings. They have them 3. That could switch easily.

I can dig it. But seriously, you're saying this article after week 1 overrides the opinion of all NFL players who were judging their peers based off the performance of an entire season? This article after week 1 is the "majority" and all NFL players are the "minority." The delusion is strong in this one.

Thats not what I said. Dak did not have a top 10 season last year. Ive conceded that. Ive stated literally 100's of times that Dak and Wentz are both clumped together in that "near" top 10 area.Β 

Just like when the NFL top 100 had Dak as a top 10 player in the entire NFL and the #3 QB (IIRC) it wasnt correct. Unless you think it was?

And deserving doesn't mean they think he's great. It means he has a good resume. A good example of this is Marcellus Wiley and Jason McIntyre arguing about this. It was basically Dak vs Wentz and Marcellus was reading off all the stats that showed his resume was better, and why Dak should be paid. McIntyre flat out asksΒ who would you rather have, and Marcellus says, Wentz.

This is the definition of QB purgatory. An average QB does well enough and/or wins enough to get paidΒ organization is then put in a tough spot. Pay the QB you've been winning with although he's not special, or start over.

I call bullsheet. Dak is not QB purgatory.

Btw, Alex Smith is a 3x Pro Bowler. I guess that means he was a top 10 QB.

Alex Smith had some badarse seasons, so I dont see your point here. At one point he was the highest rated QB in the NFL like 10 games in.Β 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I call bullsheet. Dak is not QB purgatory

Check out my edit in my last post. So in addition to Dak's peers not thinking he's a top 15 QB, NFL Executives don't think he's topΒ 15Β either. So yeah, if you think he's a top 10 QB, that's cool, but you're undoubtedly in the minority.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Check out my edit in my last post. So in addition to Dak's peers not thinking he's a top 15 QB, NFL Executives don't think he's topΒ 15Β either. So yeah, if you think he's a top 10 QB, that's cool, but you're undoubtedly in the minority.

Same people voted him #3 QB in the NFL and a top 10 player in the entire NFL.Β 

Where they right then?

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Same people voted him #3 QB in the NFL and a top 10 player in the entire NFL.Β 

Where they right then?

He had a great year 3 years ago and was a rookie. So given the small sample size,Β I get why he was voted that high. But now he's put together 3 years of film that show he's not anything special and the players and GM's have voiced that they agree.

4 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

He had a great year 3 years ago and was a rookie. So given the small sample size,Β I get why he was voted that high. But now he's put together 3 years of film that show he's not anything special and the players and GM's have voiced that they agree.

Remember, as trash as you think Dak is - he has a better last 14 games (2018, 2019) than Wentz.

And he has a significantly better last 16 games than Goff.

Large sample sizes. Dont be shocked when he leap frogs into the top 100 this year and I point it out literally every day in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont be shocked when he leap frogs into the top 100 this year and I point it out literally every day in the offseason.

Don't be shocked when Garrett/Dak fall short yet again due to their limitations and I point out that this makes year 24 of no ship for Dallas.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak was also the #1 QB in the NFL for deep ball passing week 1, which has been Kiltys big knock. 8/9 almost 300 yards and 3 TDs.Β 

that was more of a tease / over simplification

I believe my more precise criticism is he can't read a field. Which how locked in he was last week, that hasn't changed.
Though yea...sometimes opting for shallow routes, leaving deep stuff on the field.

In his defense though, why read a field when the JV squad defense the Giants have was so bad everyone was open.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Which how locked in he was last week, that hasn't changed.

I hate you.Β 

This is not true at all. And I could post a million video break downs of analyst showing this isnt true using all 22 film... but you wont watch them.Β 

PS I love you

Edited by Matts4313

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I hate you.Β 

This is not true at all. And I could post a million video break downs of analyst showing this isnt true using all 22 film... but you wont watch them.Β 

PS I love you

if you do I'll post those Wentz 50+ dimes and text them to you every week

He obviously can read a little, but he's like one of those kids that's behind everyone and has to go to special reading classes.Β 
Maybe Moore was the nice old lady with candy that got him caught up,Β Β maybe not. Considering that was strictly his job for years, I'm suspect.

/ what, I didn’t go to reading classes, shut up/

I think both Wentz and Dak's week ones need a cautious approach.
Wentz slightly less, because the question was never could he be a great QB. It was is he healthy and can he do what he did two years ago when he last was.
He checked all the boxes I had for him. Consistent drive to drive..movement through the pocket and rolling out...deep passing...3rd down success rate.

Should be a fun year for us both...we both have overall pretty easy schedule.
Hopefully for your sake Jerry waits on the Dak $$...your early schedule is so easy, you don't want to buy high.
Β 

• Like 2