Is Mike Thomas A 'Tier 1' Wide Receiver?

BlaqOptic

Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Can't Guard Mike A Tier 1 Wide Receiver?

• Yes, Definitely!
    • Yes
    • No, But Close
    • No
    • No Way In Hell!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2019 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I was with you until DC don’t respect MT. That’s a crock of bologna.

I did not say DC's do not respect him.

Let me rephrase. The amount of respect that Thomas is given is nowhere the amount that Nuk gets. 

Edit: Every teams #1 is given respect but there are levels to this game.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also, Hopkins struggled mightily with the corpse of Pick6 King. As anyone would, just pointing it out.

Cmon don't use these cherry picking tactics. I gotta beleive you're better than that. 

I could easily say, I have watched Nuk make Jalen Ramsey look foolish while also watching Thomas get shutdown by Xavier and whats his name against MIN.

57 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He’s 1/10th of a second slower than Antonio Brown. 

Can you imagine thinking a guy can’t be a deep threat because in a 40 yard sprint a guy finished 1/10th of a second slower than another guy?

I love this site.

I never said it was entirely dependent on 40 time. Relax. This is what I've interpreted from game play. I rarely see Thomas go deep. 

Could you provide some examples?

21 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Cmon don't use these cherry picking tactics. I gotta beleive you're better than that. 

I could easily say, I have watched Nuk make Jalen Ramsey look foolish while also watching Thomas get shutdown by Xavier and whats his name against MIN.

I could also say I've seen Thomas destroy Xavier and "whats his name" live in the playoffs last year. Thomas has averaged 80+ yards and a touchdown in his last 2 games against the Vikings.

Just now, tyler735 said:

I could also say I've seen Thomas destroy Xavier and "whats his name" live in the playoffs last year. Thomas has averaged 80+ yards and a touchdown in his last 2 games against the Vikings.

You're intentionally ignoring the point of my post and getting defensive for no reason whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It tells me everyone in the world knows Brees has no deep ball and that Thomas is at his best torching people in intermediate routes. 

That tells me nothing about his ability to be a deep threat. I’d love an explanation on how a big, fast, upper echelon route runner with absolute money hands can’t be a deep threat. 

If you come back with a 40 yard dash time I’m not going to bother responding, just a heads up. So much more that goes into being a deep threat than a 40 yard dash.

7.8 isnt even intermediate, its short. regardless hes not running  deeper routes, until he does so you cant call him a deep threat when the vast majority of routes are short. hes no different than allen or thielen. hes really good at what he does, but he isnt doing the same job as the actual elite wrs.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

It tells me everyone in the world knows Brees has no deep ball and that Thomas is at his best torching people in intermediate routes. 

How does that explain Ted Ginn's deep targets then? This highlight package is riddled with deep catches. Does Thomas not get any at all? I can't find any.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

That tells me nothing about his ability to be a deep threat. I’d love an explanation on how a big, fast, upper echelon route runner with absolute money hands can’t be a deep threat. 

Why doesn't he see any deep targets then? Or does he and I'm just ignorant to it?

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

His 4.57 40 time says otherwise and Nuk would like a word with you as well.

40 time aside, Nuk can still get deep. From what I see, he plays a lot faster/quicker. Same with AB. 40 time isn't everything. Thomas isn't a vertical guy, even back to his days at OSU. Can he get deep? Maybe. Does he? Not from what I've seen. I don't really blame OSU or NO for not scheming him to do so. It would be in the teams best interests to play him to his strengths over the middle, and subsequently keep him away from areas he struggles.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Speeds is not everything. You can't just disqualify a guy from being considered a deep threat all because he doesn't run a 4.3.

Of course not. I would never argue that. Do you think Thomas is a viable deep option?

47 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He had 5 catches for 81 yards against Minnesota this year and 7 catches for 85 yards and 2 TDs against them in the playoffs, so when exactly did you witness this happen?

32 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I never said it was entirely dependent on 40 time. Relax. This is what I've interpreted from game play. I rarely see Thomas go deep. 

Could you provide some examples?

Not going deep 8 times a game doesn't make him unable to do so. If you had Brees as your QB would you send your best weapon 30 yards down the field consistently? If so, you'd be a bad OC.

21 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

7.8 isnt even intermediate, its short. regardless hes not running  deeper routes, until he does so you cant call him a deep threat when the vast majority of routes are short. hes no different than allen or thielen. hes really good at what he does, but he isnt doing the same job as the actual elite wrs.

Julio isn't elite because of his inability to get open when the field is condensed. See how dumb that sounds?

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

40 time aside, Nuk can still get deep. From what I see, he plays a lot faster/quicker. Same with AB. 40 time isn't everything. Thomas isn't a vertical guy, even back to his days at OSU. Can he get deep? Maybe. Does he? Not from what I've seen. I don't really blame OSU or NO for not scheming him to do so. It would be in the teams best interests to play him to his strengths over the middle, and subsequently keep him away from areas he struggles.

Yes, that was my counterpoint. You said "he doesn't have the wheels" when talking Thomas which implies that he is not fast enough to get deep.

Whetehr you meant this or not, I don't know, but the word "wheels" or phrase "a players wheels" usually mean just that. 

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Of course not. I would never argue that. Do you think Thomas is a viable deep option?

Absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He had 5 catches for 81 yards against Minnesota this year and 7 catches for 85 yards and 2 TDs against them in the playoffs, so when exactly did you witness this happen?

2017. First game of the season.

And all yards and catches are not all equal either. Just throwing it out there.

18 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

How does that explain Ted Ginn's deep targets then? This highlight package is riddled with deep catches. Does Thomas not get any at all? I can't find any.

Why doesn't he see any deep targets then? Or does he and I'm just ignorant to it?

I mean did you miss him roasting Peters for that game winning TD? He had catches over 20 yards 11 out of 17 games this season. 

Archived