2019 Expansion Draft - Which players would you put up?

Dome

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Chiefs:

Daniel Sorensen S, not bad but overpaid for the 3rd safety (top 10)

Anthony Hitchens LB, not worth the money so far (top 10) - this also assumes that it works like a post-June 1 cut/trade

Eric Murray S

JD Moore RB

Dillion Gordon TE

Deon Yelder TE

Another option for me would be Sammy Watkins. But that's only because I hate his contract. But again, it'd have to work like a post-June 1 cut/trade

I'd put EB on there because of his contract and replace Hitchens. Sorensen can be cut and replaced easily.

13 hours ago, Danger said:

(Note I'm assuming the following players retire)

OT Jason Peters
RB Darren Sproles
DT Haloti Ngata

Eagles:

1. S Rodney McLeod
2. DT Tim Jernigan
3. CB Josh Hawkins
4. CB Elie Bouka
5. LB BJ Bello 

Don't think the rules were posted in full before. So lets take a crack at it again.

1. QB Nick Foles (1st $$$)
2. S Rodney McLeod (10th $$$)
3. RB Boston Scott
4. DE Daeshon Hall
5. CB Elie Bouka
6. LB BJ Bello

1. Vince Williams (#10 cap number) - Bostic, when healthy, offers about the same as V Williams and costs less. Could use an upgrade at ILB regardless.

2. Bud Dupree (#7 cap number) - Under-performing pass rusher with 9M against the cap. Pretty easy target

3. Artie Burns - Bust as a CB, but could turn it around elsewhere? Good special teams player

4. Roosevelt Nix - Generally good player, but FB is more easily replaced and the celebration after the unsuccessful fake punt has left a sour taste in my mouth

5. Trey Johnson - filler

6. Marcus Allen - filler

It would be something like that for the Steelers I suspect. While it would be tempting to list Brown because it clears you of all of the dead cap from a trade, you also lose out on the draft pick or player compensation from a trade.

[edit] To add the other 2 players:

7. Morgan Burnett - can't seem to stay healthy and is aging

8. Josh Dobbs - likely odd man out with Mason Rudolf progressing (otherwise, would be looking for a different future QB, as Dobbs is not the answer)

In case people didn't notice, each list should have 6 regular players PLUS two top 10s, making 8 total contributions. 

1 Anthony Hitchens T10

2 Sammy Watkins T10

3 Darrel Williams

4 Xavier Williams

5 Chad Henne

6 Dlllon Gordon

7 Jimmy Murray

8 Deon Yelder

11 minutes ago, Centurion said:

In case people didn't notice, each list should have 6 regular players PLUS two top 10s, making 8 total contributions. 

1 Anthony Hitchens T10

2 Sammy Watkins T10

3 Darrel Williams

4 Xavier Williams

5 Chad Henne

6 Dlllon Gordon

7 Jimmy Murray

8 Deon Yelder

Not seeing where he says that. Could be interpreted either way really, but he never says that the 2 top 10 players aren't part of the 6.

On 18/01/2019 at 2:54 AM, skywlker32 said:

1. Vince Williams (#10 cap number) - Bostic, when healthy, offers about the same as V Williams and costs less. Could use an upgrade at ILB regardless.

2. Bud Dupree (#7 cap number) - Under-performing pass rusher with 9M against the cap. Pretty easy target

3. Artie Burns - Bust as a CB, but could turn it around elsewhere? Good special teams player

4. Roosevelt Nix - Generally good player, but FB is more easily replaced and the celebration after the unsuccessful fake punt has left a sour taste in my mouth

5. Trey Johnson - filler

6. Marcus Allen - filler

It would be something like that for the Steelers I suspect. While it would be tempting to list Brown because it clears you of all of the dead cap from a trade, you also lose out on the draft pick or player compensation from a trade.

[edit] To add the other 2 players:

7. Morgan Burnett - can't seem to stay healthy and is aging

8. Josh Dobbs - likely odd man out with Mason Rudolf progressing (otherwise, would be looking for a different future QB, as Dobbs is not the answer)

was waiting for one of us to come in to see exactly this

Archived