Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-16-19

jleisher

24 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

EDGE is an issue now and if it doesn't get fixed,  it's an issue in 2020 too. 

I agree, it is an issue.  The issue could have been fixed in 2017, JJ. Watt over trade down for Kevin King.  Watt is a pro bowler, King, often injured DB.  Can we agree?

Our D-line group is overrated. Clark is fantastic but Daniels was a no show before being injured.  All the other guys are just depth. We could def use some good d line talent next to Clark. Especially in Pettines schemes. 

I do love me some Jachai Polite but this draft has a ton of d line talent that’ll go quickly. Oliver, Simmons, Wilkins, Tillery, Jones. Maybe one of them falls to the Packers with the Saints pick 

55 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

You lost me when you re-signed Cobb.  Wouldn't even bring him back for the vet minimum.  Hell, I wouldn't even bring him back for free.

The way he hugged Aaron before last home game even Cobb dropped himself from his legacy league. 

18 hours ago, jleisher said:

You are right, your points are valid.  Here's the problem IMO, the Packers have missed on the drafts for at least the past 3 or 4 with TT, now we have to play catch up.  We shouldn't be drafting for this years needs in reality.  We should be drafting for the needs of the team in 2020, however, since that hasn't been done, now they must pick for now.  The chances for drafting someone that can come in and be a stud from day one is slim, possible, yes, but slim.  So, the reality is you are drafting for 2020.  DL and OL could be bigger needs in the long run then Edge, IMO.

We don't need a bunch of studs day 1, we need quality contributors which I don't believe is impossible.  Getting impacts from rookie classes is the single biggest reason New Orleans made the turn around they've made over the last 3 years.

The need at edge rusher isn't going to disappear if we continue to ignore it.  We'll be stuck having to pay Kyler Fackrell like he's an elite edge rusher just like we had to do for Nick Perry after his one solid year as a pro.  As the need gets bigger, the desperation increases.

I'll certainly agree that we've been pretty terrible at drafting over the last 3 or 4 years.  Using your best picks year after year to address just one position group has caught up to us.  

Archived