Broncos bring in Ed Donatell as Defensive Coordinator

TheKillerNacho

Donatell and Fangio are package deals at this point so no surprise here. Dude gets the best out of secondary talent and is someone Fangio really trusts.

Love the coaching staff Fangio is putting together. Now get yourselves a QB so he can succeed! 

It sucks watching both Fangio and Donatell go. Both have helped revitalize the defense up front and in the secondary.  Players like Amos, Callahan and Fuller were all on their way out at different times just a couple years ago before breaking out and are now all solid to very good in their own right.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Donatell and Fangio are package deals at this point so no surprise here. Dude gets the best out of secondary talent and is someone Fangio really trusts.

Love the coaching staff Fangio is putting together. Now get yourselves a QB so he can succeed! 

Apparently he was planning to stay in Chicago if he got offered the DC job, but this was an easy decision for him after getting skipped over in favor of Pagano.  He's been a middling DC in the past, but Fangio will do the defensive calling anyways, I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Good hires all around by Denver. If they can get good QB play next year they could make the playoffs in 2019. 

Nope. 

The Chiefs will be dominating this division for a long time. I actually expect them to be better next year than this year as their GM knows he has to go all in with all those expiring contracts, players nearing the end of their prime and Mahomes still on his rookie deal.

The Chargers should be pretty good again in 2019.

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see Broncos with an equal or worse record next year than this year.

Archived