Mock draft simulators

Ftn49

I'm sure most guys around here know of these, just thought I'd make a thread with links to some of them them... They aren't terribly realistic obviously but fun for us draftniks. I found a premium one last year that was fantastic but can't remember what it was I'll have to take a look for it again. 

https://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

Trading which can be fun but rediculously unrealistic

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

No trading but much more realistic rankings etc.

Interestingly enough, I did one of each this morning and Josh Allen was the first pick in both of them.

Just adding this with a /hat tip to 48 1/2ers to the first page.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

These are amusing and I like to do them from time to time. But sometimes, they are really hilarious. I did one where Brian Burns went third overall, and Drew Lock went before Dwayne Haskins. Jonah Williams went in the back half of round 1. I like to mess around with them and do it and try to take different players. This is what I ended up with this time: 

2: R1P2

EDGE JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY
36: R2P4

LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
67: R3P3

WR A.J. BROWN
OLE MISS
104: R4P2

CB JUSTIN LAYNE
MICHIGAN STATE
178: R6P3

TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE STATE
213: R6P38

QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN

I'm okay with this draft, but I don't love it. Obviously no solution was made to our safety woes. The pick in round 4 was actually the hardest because JJ was still available, so I almost double dipped wide receiver there because I think a combo of he, Brown and Pettis would be really fun as I think you could pretty much mix them all around on where they slot on the field at any given time. But I really like Layne's upside in our defensive scheme. The Thorson selection may surprise some, but I don't mind doing something like this every few years because if you unearth a quarterback who may even look the part of a potential starter down the line, you can get a lot more value back in return. In this instance, we have Mullens, however his upside is largely limited to that of back up. At this point, we know that Beathard isn't much of anything, and really, there's no point in keeping him around. We can probably roll with Thorson on the PS for his rookie season, and work on developing him. There wasn't much available at this point that was super intriguing anyway. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

1. Josh Allen

2. Deandre Baker

3. Marquise Brown

4. Nasir Adderley

I'd give myself an A+ for this draft!!!! Used draftek rankings btw. 

I had a very similar one. My only differences were Bosa in 1 and Riley Ridley in 3.

Here's mine. Reese is returning to Florida, but I felt it made the draft look better and took him anyway. 

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

WR A.J. BROWN
OLE MISS

EDGE BRIAN BURNS
FLORIDA STATE

G GARRETT BRUMFIELD
LSU

CB DERRICK BAITY
KENTUCKY

LB DAVID REESE
FLORIDA

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

WR NKEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE

G BEAU BENZSCHAWEL
WISCONSIN

S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE

TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU

LB JOE GILES-HARRIS
DUKE

Used the Fanspeak board and team needs. For the last pick would have gone Juwan Foggie but i believe he is not in that big board.

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE

LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA

WR DK METCALF
OLE MISS

EDGE SUTTON SMITH
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

CB LONNIE JOHNSON
KENTUCKY

QB GARDNER MINSHEW
WASHINGTON STATE

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Wasn't he like 225lbs last year? SAM?

I’m not sure what he played at last year, but yes my thought is that we would stand him up. Worse case scenario for Smith is you have a beast of a special teams player, best case you have yourself a SAM who can get after the QB.

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Wasn't he like 225lbs last year? SAM?

It looks like NIU lists him at 237. I just love everything about Smith, his motor is second to none in this draft. I don’t think you can go wrong with him. Very low risk high upside pick.

42 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

It looks like NIU lists him at 237. I just love everything about Smith, his motor is second to none in this draft. I don’t think you can go wrong with him. Very low risk high upside pick.

I haven't watched him this year, but he spent all of last year in the backfield. He can certainly be an impact player if he's used right. 30 and 26.5 tackles for loss the last two years, along with 14 and 15 sacks. 7 fumbles forced and 6 recovered. That's something we could really use. And in round 4.. absolutely. I wouldn't mind him even earlier.

I did Fanspeak and got this:

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS ALABAMA - Was hoping for Bosa but had to choose between Williams and Allen, I chose Williams because of how low Fanspeak ranked other EDGE guys so I figured I could scoop up a good one later.

WR KELVIN HARMON NC STATE - I chose between Harmon and Risner as both were available. I REALLY thought about Risner but I chose Harmon because I thought he would be more valuable at this pick than a guard. 

GARRETT BRADBURY NC STATE - Not sure why he's listed as a Center but I was very happy he was there at my pick. 

EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON LOUISIANA TECH - I was shocked Ferguson was available as he's generally rated as a 1st rounder. Fanspeak Steve has some weird rankings.

TE ISAAC NAUTA GEORGIA - I wanted a TE but there wasn't much left to choose from. I don't know a lot about Nauta other than his stock has been rising. I was hoping to take Drew Sample here as Josh Oliver was taken in the second round O.o

LB JOE GILES-HARRIS DUKE - I was very happy to see him still available at this pick. He's a nice do-it-all ILB that should pair well with Warner.

I have been doing the Fanspeak for a while. Mostly, it allows you multiple runs at a simulation using multiple draft boards. That more closely resembles the controlled chaos of a real draft and allows you to get a feel for where you can hopefully expect one of your favorites to fall (as that player isn't valued as high as you think on multiple boards) as opposed to when that is more likely (the opposite - when a player is generally valued lower, but has is likely to have a couple of suiters you are going to have to outbid if you want the player). Repetition is more interesting to me than any one particular pass-through, it allows you to develop general plans for navigating a particular set of talent. Anyhow, this is mine from today (with one trade back):

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
43: R2P11

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE
88: R3P24

S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISSISSIPPI STATE