Mock draft simulators

Ftn49

25 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I have been doing the Fanspeak for a while. Mostly, it allows you multiple runs at a simulation using multiple draft boards. That more closely resembles the controlled chaos of a real draft and allows you to get a feel for where you can hopefully expect one of your favorites to fall (as that player isn't valued as high as you think on multiple boards) as opposed to when that is more likely (the opposite - when a player is generally valued lower, but has is likely to have a couple of suiters you are going to have to outbid if you want the player). Repetition is more interesting to me than any one particular pass-through, it allows you to develop general plans for navigating a particular set of talent. Anyhow, this is mine from today (with one trade back):

2: R1P2

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
43: R2P11

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
67: R3P3

G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE
88: R3P24

S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISSISSIPPI STATE
104: R4P2

LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE
178: R6P3

LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO
213: R6P38

S LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE

Oh, this is by FAR my favorite. No need to go and do it myself. I would copy and paste this one!

Well, okay maybe I would look into getting Sione Takitaki....but that is the only change I would make, I promise. 

Took a stab at her too with a couple of mid round trade backs and this is what I ended up with. Two more smurf receivers but I didn't really see many better options available at the times. I doubt I need to go into the first two at all, they are fairly commonly debated/talked about around here. Dieter was one of the highest guys on the board and I am of the opinion we need interior line help badly, same thing goes along with the double pick in the 5th round with Jordan. Benny Snell is kind of the Alfred Morris of the classy, extremely high effort runner, short gain back. Hardman is a guy I'm sure not too many have heard about, he's on the smaller side, think poor mans Antonio brown. Wont get out athleted by anyone, speed to burn but a little raw. Savion Smith would be a role player, played for the tide, although it was for one of their poorer secondaries in some time but still should be very disciplined. Sutton Smith, very productive at the college level as a rusher, worth taking a flier on late, same thing with Renfrow. And the TE I simply have no idea on.

EDGE JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY
36: R2P4

S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE
74: R3P10

G MICHAEL DEITER
WISCONSIN
112: R4P10

RB BENNY SNELL JR.
KENTUCKY
114: R4P12

WR MECOLE HARDMAN
GEORGIA
140: R5P1

CB SAIVION SMITH
ALABAMA
176: R6P1

G MICHAEL JORDAN
OHIO STATE

LB SUTTON SMITH
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
250: R7P34

TE DONALD PARHAM
STETSON

17 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, this is by FAR my favorite. No need to go and do it myself. I would copy and paste this one!

Well, okay maybe I would look into getting Sione Takitaki....but that is the only change I would make, I promise. 

Thank you! I could make notes on many of the picks, but the main one I guess is the second rounder where I had options. Deebo Samuel has really grown on me. He reminds me of Pierre Garcon in Washington/Indy and would fit a similar role for us. A smidge below 6', 210+ and stocky, with really strong hands, change of direction explosiveness, after the catch skills and relatively mediocre top end speed for a smaller guy (I think Deebo, like Garcon, will be a high 4.4, low 4.5 guy). All of these traits fit with Garoppolo's (and Mullens') skillsets. Where Garcon had really big hands for his size, Deebo has nonsense hands, and they show up on tape. Plus, he has nonsense long arms for his height (he has arms longer than Anthony Johnson and David Sills V, for instance). He is way better at contested catches than a man of his height generally has any right to be. I love his competitiveness and drive. And he did just spend the week roasting fools at the Senior Bowl, including being just about uncoverable in the red zone. My one concern would be injury history. But, for me, he offers similar traits to guys like, say, Riley Ridley, but has proven himself on the field. Ridley hasn't had nearly as many reps. And I want a starter at one of the outside WR positions pretty close to immediately. 

EDGE JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY

CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA

WR DK METCALF
OLE MISS
CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA

TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU

OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON

I'd be pretty happy with this draft tbh. I'm not sure why they didn't give me the 7th round pick - unsure if we have now officially lost this pick or not to Cleveland, which is possible. If we haven't, the pick probably would have been Justin Layne, who was somehow still on the board at that point. 

EDGE JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY

WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA

C DALTON RISNER
KANSAS STATE

LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA

WR TERRY MCLAURIN
OHIO STATE

S MARQUISE BLAIR
UTAH

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 2 Pick 4: Harmon, Kelvin, WR, North Carolina State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 8 (BUF): Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (B-)
Round 3 Pick 3: McCoy, Erik, OG/C, Texas AM (A)
Round 4 Pick 2: Walker, D'Andre, OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma (A+)

Traded back with Buffalo for 2019 (9) 2/8 and 2020 1st. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2: Bosa, Nick, DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 4: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A)
Round 3 Pick 3: Gardner-Johnson, Chauncey, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 4 (OAK): Deiter, Michael, OG, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3 (OAK): Smith, Kaden, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma (A+)

A boy can dream. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I think this might be the best one out there currently, although I dont believe you can do trades yet

Important to note that I added Phil Haynes, C/OG and Mitch Hyatt OT/OG as UDFAs and acquired Earl Thomas, FS, Justin Houston, EDGE and Brandon Marshall, LB, in FA (in my head of course).

Not sure how to upload it but it went : 

1 - Quinnen Williams, NT (for fun)

2 - Chase Winovich, EDGE

3 - Hakeem Butler, WR

4 - Joe Jackson, EDGE

6 - Derrick Baity, CB

7 - Terrill Hanks, LB (even though I know we have two 6’s)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:03 PM, John232 said:

These mock draft simulators keep dropping DK Metcalf, and I don't see why. 

Anything's sort of possible when it comes to the Draft, but I struggle mightily to respect any of these types of user-simulated mocks that have certain players available where they do. ( I won't point to any specifics; you all probably know which ) 

I don't even know how far u see Metcalf drops, but if he's anywhere from #4 to #40, it would not be a surprise for me. 

53 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Anything's sort of possible when it comes to the Draft, but I struggle mightily to respect any of these types of user-simulated mocks that have certain players available where they do. ( I won't point to any specifics; you all probably know which ) 

I don't even know how far u see Metcalf drops, but if he's anywhere from #4 to #40, it would not be a surprise for me. 

Made this comment a while ago, but as for what you said, I think that’s fair. Definitely don’t see him dropping out out of the first, but if he dropped into the twenties, I wouldn’t be surprised. I think the scarcity/supply and demand thing is going to be big for receivers in this draft. Feel like some really good guys will drop because teams will want to focus on other, arguably more important position groups in this draft that have a lot of talent (OT, DE,DT,,IOL). 

I expect a pretty huge run on receivers in the second and third round.

I did a mock last night and it was pretty crazy in regards to what I was able to accomplish and get. Granted I don't know all the prospects, but I know these names were thrown around our forum.

1. Q. Williams - DT

2. C. Ferrell - DE

3. Thornill - S

4. M. Hardman - WR

6. F. Moreau - TE

7. Some Db I forget who

Archived