New DC: Williams

New Uniformas: Can't Wait

Resignings

Quincy Enunwa

Robby Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Henry Anderson

Jason Myers

Then several other cheap options that were on the squad. Guys like (Hewitt, Luvu, Burnett, Harrison, etc.)

Free Agency

Le'Veon Bell: we get our difference maker on offense. Will be crucial in Darnolds development in the running and receiving game.

Matt Paradis: One of the best Centers in the league. Has a history with Gase and will be an anchor for the OL for a few seasons.

Roger Saffold: Top 10 OG in the NFL. Making the interior of our line legit.

Bryce Callahan: With Skrine gone we need a slot CB being that our young CBs are better on the outside.

Trey Flowers: I don't think NE resigns him. They paid Jones and later regretted it and traded him. This time they just let Flowers walk and take the comp pick. He gives a good edge presence switching to a 4-3.

Trade

We trade our 3rd Round pick (New Orleans original pick) for AJ Green: Cincinnati needs cap space and Boyd and Ross played well last season. So the try and get younger. We need a legit target for Darnold. Green answers that for a couple of seasons.

NFL Draft

1st. Nick Bosa (DE/Ohio State): I think Allen passes him during the pre draft process. I think some team trades ahead of us for Haskins, therefor guaranteeing us Bosa or Allen. Murray doesn't do enough in the pre draft process to warrant a trade up to 3, so we are forced to draft. Bosa is best fit for a 4-3 DE and I think he will thrive with us.

2nd. (traded away for Darold)

3rd: Andre Dillard (OT/Washington State): Can sit and learn behind Beachum for a season and be a swing OT as a rookie. Hopefully can man the LT spot for us after his rookie season and a year of learning).

3rd: (traded away for AJ Green)

4th: Deebo Samuel (WR/South Carolina): A WR that can do it all. Great route runner, isn't scared to play physical, good speed and quickness. Reminds me of a Cotchery type WR.

5th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP): Very fluid athlete that's set up to play in the slot. Depth CB.

6th: (traded away)

7th: Ulysees Gilbert III (ILB/Akron): Athletic ILB for depth.

Well done. I love the free agency. Bell, Paradis and Saffold should really help our running game. Bell helps Darnold have a a great check down option. He won’t feel forced to make hero throws.

Bryce Callahan is a really good option as a slot corner. I love Trey Flowers. I’m not sure he’ll be available. Same with Clark. But there are other guys available like Graham if those guys fall through. 

I’m cool with the A.J. Green trade. We need another receiver that can step in right away.

The draft. If Bosa falls to 3 I would run to the podium. I actually have Ferell as my number 2. But I can see why Josh Allen will be highly sought after. 

We would be playoff contenders with this type of offseason. We saw in December what Darnold could do with few weapons in a bad system. 

I like the idea of trading for A J Green over Antonio Brown.   I think AJ Green is just as talented AB.  Question is do the Bengals want to trade AJ Green?  AJ Green's contract is cap friendly compared to other #1 WRs.  

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

New HC: Gase

New DC: Williams

New Uniformas: Can't Wait

Resignings

Quincy Enunwa

Robby Anderson

Daryl Roberts

Henry Anderson

Jason Myers

Then several other cheap options that were on the squad. Guys like (Hewitt, Luvu, Burnett, Harrison, etc.)

Free Agency

Le'Veon Bell: we get our difference maker on offense. Will be crucial in Darnolds development in the running and receiving game.

Matt Paradis: One of the best Centers in the league. Has a history with Gase and will be an anchor for the OL for a few seasons.

Roger Saffold: Top 10 OG in the NFL. Making the interior of our line legit.

Bryce Callahan: With Skrine gone we need a slot CB being that our young CBs are better on the outside.

Trey Flowers: I don't think NE resigns him. They paid Jones and later regretted it and traded him. This time they just let Flowers walk and take the comp pick. He gives a good edge presence switching to a 4-3.

Trade

We trade our 3rd Round pick (New Orleans original pick) for AJ Green: Cincinnati needs cap space and Boyd and Ross played well last season. So the try and get younger. We need a legit target for Darnold. Green answers that for a couple of seasons.

NFL Draft

1st. Nick Bosa (DE/Ohio State): I think Allen passes him during the pre draft process. I think some team trades ahead of us for Haskins, therefor guaranteeing us Bosa or Allen. Murray doesn't do enough in the pre draft process to warrant a trade up to 3, so we are forced to draft. Bosa is best fit for a 4-3 DE and I think he will thrive with us.

2nd. (traded away for Darold)

3rd: Andre Dillard (OT/Washington State): Can sit and learn behind Beachum for a season and be a swing OT as a rookie. Hopefully can man the LT spot for us after his rookie season and a year of learning).

3rd: (traded away for AJ Green)

4th: Deebo Samuel (WR/South Carolina): A WR that can do it all. Great route runner, isn't scared to play physical, good speed and quickness. Reminds me of a Cotchery type WR.

5th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP): Very fluid athlete that's set up to play in the slot. Depth CB.

6th: (traded away)

7th: Ulysees Gilbert III (ILB/Akron): Athletic ILB for depth.

Last year I know we had no shot of getting Kirk Cousins, but this year we have a real legitimate chance of getting Bell, he will come with a steep price, but he is well worth it. I  am no fan of mock drafts, but I like the list of move the Jets should make NICE Job on your list.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If it seems unrealistic there’s several options to change. Signing a cheaper CB and/or Edge than Callahan and/or Flowers while still filling that hole. 

I don’t think it’s unrealistic. We have the money and our GM needs to get us a winning team so whereas I can’t see him going on a stupid spree I can see him investing in guys (age 25-28) on 3-5 yr deals laying out big cash. 

Oh and yeah if the offseason went down like this we would be a wild card playoff team at worst 

21 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Looks good.  Only question is, is Roberts our other outside starting corner in this situation?  I also question if a late round 3rd is enough for Green, but we can prob always throw a conditional pick at them.

Let Roberts, Jones and Nickerson battle for it. Cant have a star at every position on defense.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If it seems unrealistic there’s several options to change. Signing a cheaper CB and/or Edge than Callahan and/or Flowers while still filling that hole. 

I don’t think it’s unrealistic. These are the areas we need to target during free agency. Also Gase keeps talking about utilizing free agency. My gut tells me we will be very aggressive this year. In reality, we may not get our plan A but there are multiple options at the positions you addressed.

Edge: Plan A: Flowers, Plan B: Clark, Plan C: Graham (I don’t think guys like Lawrence will make to FA)

Guard: Plan A: Saffold, Plan B: Spain

Slot Corner: Plan A: Callahan, Plan B: Mathieu, Plan C: EJ Gaines

Center: Plan A: Paradis Plan B: Morse

RB: Plan A: Bell Plan B: Coleman Plan C: Ingram

Im sure y’all can think of even more options. But long story short, I think your mock is the blueprint.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Eh, I’d rather have corners batting for the slot, not for the outside. 

The FA market is a lot better in the slot than on the outside. Darby will cost more than I care to pay him and is really the only option better than Callahan that's an outside CB (IMO).

Archived