1/17/19 Mock

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

The FA market is a lot better in the slot than on the outside. Darby will cost more than I care to pay him and is really the only option better than Callahan that's an outside CB (IMO).

Steven Nelson, Pierre Desir, Justin Coleman plays in the slot right now, but can play on the outside, etc.  I get your point though.  Definitely stronger for the slot.  I can see us adding a slot and then maybe a guy like Troy Hill who Gregg knows from his time with the Rams.

14 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Almost every part of this mock is wishful thinking, lol. Guess that is what mocks are for though. If even 50% of this happened I’d be happy.

I agree that it’s wishful thinking but I don’t think it’s unrealistic. The Colts can outbid us but they have little to no  need to upgrade their OL so if Saffold and Paradis make it to free agency we absolutely have a shot to sign them. Bell might be a different story. Even though Mack played well, Bell offers a receiving threat that Mack can’t compete with, imo. But i’d gladly take Hunt.  Hunt was my second favorite RB in his draft after Mixon and hopefully, like Mixon so far, can get pass his off field issues. The Bears have cap issues so signing Callahan might be a problem for them. AJ might be more of a problem since Cinncy would have to want to move on from him. That’s possible but I’m not sure if a bottom of the third pick would be enough for them to do it. They don’t have cap issues but he is over 30 with health concerns so it’s possible.

The Jets in 2018 were a team that players used as leverage to get better deals elsewhere. We saw it with Cousins and Suh.

If the coaching search is any indication, that Is starting to change. However, we are not a place where players would prefer to come here. So, it’s going to take a Herculean effort to have the FA we want. Chris needs to open his check book, Gase and Gregg Williams with even the help of Jamal need to put the full court press on guys to convince them we are a good destination.

11 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

First mock ive seen that has Bosa not going #1 or #2. 

Untill i see otherwise, i wont get my hopes up one bit for bosa. 

I stated why in my pick. I believe Allen passes him in the pre draft process and a team trades up to 1 or 2 for a QB.

Here's my reasoning on why I think Allen jumps Bosa. As for now Bosa is the "Clowney" of the class and Allen is the "Mack" of the class. Wouldn't you in hindsight take Mack over Clowney? And the similarities in the 4 players are real. Bosa is a lot like Clowney and Allen is a lot like Mack.

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I stated why in my pick. I believe Allen passes him in the pre draft process and a team trades up to 1 or 2 for a QB.

Here's my reasoning on why I think Allen jumps Bosa. As for now Bosa is the "Clowney" of the class and Allen is the "Mack" of the class. Wouldn't you in hindsight take Mack over Clowney? And the similarities in the 4 players are real. Bosa is a lot like Clowney and Allen is a lot like Mack.

We would do anything for either one so if we are lucky enough to have either of them fall to us we should be jumping for joy.

The worst case would be they both go 1-2 and nobody wants to trade up for a QB.  That is a night mare scenario.

I think we all have similar ideas on how to build this team this year.  Most want multiple pass rushers, everyone wants a better OL, and most want to grab Bell if we can.  There will be slight variations on the players weather it's Paradis/Morse or Saffold/Spain or Flowers/Barr etc.  

36 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We would do anything for either one so if we are lucky enough to have either of them fall to us we should be jumping for joy.

The worst case would be they both go 1-2 and nobody wants to trade up for a QB.  That is a night mare scenario.

I think we all have similar ideas on how to build this team this year.  Most want multiple pass rushers, everyone wants a better OL, and most want to grab Bell if we can.  There will be slight variations on the players weather it's Paradis/Morse or Saffold/Spain or Flowers/Barr etc.  

Well im big on adding 2 WRs along with that as well. 

Archived