John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

RamRod

Not my style flick....but wont rag on it and bring others down about it. Too much improbable violence and ask me, the guy should have been dead a long time ago. Seems like Jason Bourne Syndrome on steroids. In any case, enjoy and report back :)

On 5/17/2019 at 6:16 PM, nagahide13 said:

Yall ever seen the weapons training he does for these movies? It's impressive.

Between the various weapons and hand to hand training he's had between the Matrix and John Wick I wouldn't wanna mess with him.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Between the various weapons and hand to hand training he's had between the Matrix and John Wick I wouldn't wanna mess with him.

He's far more likely to buy you a beer to end a disagreement than fight you haha. Dude is like in the upper echelon of the best people on the planet.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's far more likely to buy you a beer to end a disagreement than fight you haha. Dude is like in the upper echelon of the best people on the planet.

Yeah I've heard that, still wouldn't start anything with him though

• Like 2

Too much knife/blade action at the end. It was fitting in the beginning where he was struggling to find a weapon, and that scene in the museum or store or whatever was stellar, but towards the end it was overdone and not fun. I get it, they thought the audience was tired of seeing him shoot people in the head, but seeing a plain 10 minute hand to hand with blades here and there fight isn't better.

Other than that, the action sequences were top notch. Loved the one with Halle Berry, especially that one shot of her taking cover and the dogs teamworking.

Pretty good movie. I'd say 8/10. Better than the 2nd, but idk if it was necessarily better than the first. Was hoping this would be a fitting conclusion to the series, but looks like they want to continue making more films.

I'd say my biggest gripe is that the film probably peaked a bit too early with it's, arguably, best action sequences occurring in the first 30 minutes (in the antiques museum and the horse stable). The hand to hand combat at the end was fun, but you can only do so much with that in terms of creativity - unless your name is Tony Jaa or Iko Uwais.

Again, really enjoyed the film and would recommend seeing it in theaters, but be warned that this is NOT end the John Wick - as the trailers seem to hint.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I absolutely loved the first one. Liked the second, but felt it was a lot weaker / cheesier.

Going to see it this upcoming weekend, someone tell me does it capture the essence of the first one or lean more towards the second?

Towards the 2nd although it is more brutal in it's scenes then the first one was.

It was a great film. The lore they have surrounding the High Table and the Conteniental's is being fleshed out well over each movie. I hope we get a comprehensive view of it by the time the series ends.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the film last night. I thought it was really enjoyable. It was nice to really dig into the world of assassins and find out more about the High Table and Continental as well, I think there's so much that th ey can devle into with the series as they continue to build out the world and flesh out different parts of what is going on.

Honestly?  Liked how it was shot.  Thought the plot was pretty good.  Character development....oh wait, this is a first person shooter game/movie.  Who really cares!

I enjoyed it.

Thought there were multiples flaws in it, but still it was a fun movie to watch.

LOL'd at the Matrix line about needing more guns.

LOL'd at the "I get it." line.  (After Halle Berry said, "He shot my dog!".)

Really didn't like how it portrayed Wick.  He's not stupid enough to have an alliance to the High Table, or to the Intercontinental.  That was my biggest complaint.  Oh well.