Hypothetically speaking thread

resilient part 2

I probably should be shot for making this thread. But they wanted me to start some new topics, here goes.

It probably has no chance of happening

BUT, hypothetically speaking.

Should Dallas try to trade Dak for whatever they can get (1-2 or 3 etc) and then look to sign Nick Foles for the money that posters on here FEAR Dallas will end up giving to Dak.

Since some complain Dak isn't accurate enough and Foles has won a SB.

@DaBoys and @plan9misfit should have a field day with this one.

Thoughts!

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I didn't say 30!!??

Unless that's what you expect Dak or Foles to actually receive.

I can't see Dak getting 30. 25 maybe.

25 or 30. Either way. Foles is 30 years old. He's not a franchise guy. It's too late for him. Dak is a middle of the pack QB. The last young QB that had some flaws to get paid was Blake Bortles at $17M / year and they ended up regretting that. Of course if Blake continued to build on his flashes of success in 2017 it would have been a steal. 

I do think Foles could do better in Scott Linehans system. I do think there are systems that would make Dak the better QB. 

57 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I probably should be shot for making this thread. But they wanted me to start some new topics, here goes.

Should Dallas try to trade Dak for whatever they can get (1-2 or 3 etc) and then look to sign Nick Foles for the money that posters on here FEAR Dallas will end up giving to Dak.

Thoughts!

Dude, great topic. Seriously.

Honestly, if we were to consider trading Quincy, I wouldn’t recommend doing it for the sake of signing Foles to be the starting QB. I don’t think Dallas would improve all that much with him under center. In my opinion, Foles is fool’s gold as a starting QB.

Philly’s play calling is much different when Foles is under center because he’s more limited as a player than Carson Wentz. Has he been successful? Absolutely. But, I feel his role is best suited as a rock star backup QB. His warts really show after he plays for a few games. Look no further than last week against New Orleans. He made rookie level mistakes with a number of his throws; it cost him a few times and he got bailed out with others.

Quincy has a great many limitations as a player, and, like ANY player on the team, I wouldn’t be averse to trading him if the compensation is right. But, I’d look to the draft for a QB, not Foles.

54 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Thoughts!

If we had a good offer for Dak and the compensation made sense, I would say trade Dak.

I wouldnt go after Foles. The money he will want, tied in with his age and performance, isnt justifiable.

If forced to go after anyone, I would take a look at Teddy B. Still not sure if that is an upgrade or not, but age/compensation requirements would be a better risk than Foles.

33 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not

He's serious.

Tyrod Taylor is worth a look in this hypothetical situation.

Pay Dak $28M or pay Tyrod Taylor, to do the exact same thing, at $15M. While "hypothetically" netting a 1st and 2nd for Dak and being better able to afford Byron, Dlaw, Amari, Zeke, etc..

I think I choose the latter 

48 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He's serious.

Tyrod Taylor is worth a look in this hypothetical situation.

Pay Dak $28M or pay Tyrod Taylor, to do the exact same thing, at $15M. While "hypothetically" netting a 1st and 2nd for Dak and being better able to afford Byron, Dlaw, Amari, Zeke, etc..

I think I choose the latter 

You think someone will give a 1st and 2nd for that?

Also, while I understand your stance on Dak, he is clearly head and shoulder better than TT. any savings in contract between Dak and TT would not make the difference in what Dak brings to the table. And before you cite some throwing stats, I will add quickly that Dak's intangibles are far greater than what your posse is giving credit for.

15 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

You think someone will give a 1st and 2nd for that?

Also, while I understand your stance on Dak, he is clearly head and shoulder better than TT. any savings in contract between Dak and TT would not make the difference in what Dak brings to the table. And before you cite some throwing stats, I will add quickly that Dak's intangibles are far greater than what your posse is giving credit for.

The savings may not be worth it, but in that scenario where we trade Dak for a 1st and a 2nd, you have to take that into consideration.

Tyrod Taylor plus a 1st and 2nd rnd pick while saving $13 million a year. I choose that while trying to draft a QB.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'd listen, but the offer will have to be big. Multiple #1s, #2s, and some change probably. 

Not signing Foles to franchise money deal. Have my doubt he repeats his Philly magic somewhere else. 

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

the second would be, what about a similar scenario for Carr???

I don't think Oakland moves on from Carr, but I'd be interested for sure if they did. 

Archived