Hypothetically speaking thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

QFT. Coop's 9 gm production with Dak was equal to his last 20 with Carr.

it's so peculiar because Cooper's first couple seasons in his career were good/great. Very inconsistent but good. However in recent memory they just never had great chemistry. Carr even preferred going to Crabtree over Cooper.

I think it would be a mistake trading for Carr, but at this point the Raider fan in me would be happy! I don't have much confidence in Carr going forward.

Problem. 

Foles played in a system tailor made for his skill set. That is, 3 steps, ball is OUT!

Everyone knows how to beat Foles. HIT HIM! He gets dinged a little and the turnovers start flowing.

Our offense, at least under SL, takes wayyyy to long to get the ball out. 56 sacks this past year???

Foles would get eatin alive and just suck from there.

I say give Dak the benefit of the doubt under a new QBC and OC. He DID display some pretty impressive numbers his rookie season. He may just get back to that form, with our defense, a healthy O line and Zeke + Cooper???

Nah, I dont want Foles.

I still can’t believe people think T Taylor our Bridgewater is a better option then Dak     I listen to all the complaints against Dak and yes most of them are justified except they take them to an extreme and then think of what I have seen from Taylor and Bridgewater and it’s bit people sure have the grass is greener     

Now Fowles has some merit mostly because he is clutch and there is no way you can discount being clutch in critical situations But during the grind with no juice in the game he struggles.  So I pitty the team that goes all in on him as a starter franchise guy. 

The only reason I can see trading Dak is if it is a money thing and that will definitely send the wrong message.  And I doubt it will happen because I hope the powers that be understand in is a huge roll of the dice putting all your hopes in a QB that has yet to play in the NFL. 

I have been very vocal against giving Dak huge money because of his accuracy and pocket awareness at times. I would really like to see him with another O coordinator and QB coach first but with the names thrown around I think it might be status quo. Saying all that I know that Dak's are not a dime a dozen, even Dak's command 20 million a year. I would roll the dice with him one more year and see how it goes, if it tanks then I look to see what is left out there. 

Everyone talks about how it's so hard to find a good QB, yet they are so easily impressed, it doesn't make any sense.

"The dark ages" or the time between Romo and Aikman... some would have you believe it was a 15 year gap.

It was 5. And really it was only 2001-2003 that were terrible. But look who we tried: drafting Quincy Carter(who Jerry would have signed long term had he not been a druggy. People were making the same excuses for him they do for Dak. But I bet you had forgot QC went 10-6 with a playoff berth his last year with us.) Then, arguably the biggest bust of all time Ryan Leaf, undrafted Clint Stoener, undrafted Anthony Wright, undrafted Chad Hutchinson...

Were we even really trying?

We finally brought in Bledsoe: 

During his tenure with the Cowboys, he threw for over 3,000 yards in a season for the ninth time in his career, tying Warren Moon for fourth in NFL history. That season, Bledsoe led five 4th quarter/OT game-winning drives to keep the Cowboys' playoff hopes alive until the final day of the season.[19] Though the team ultimately failed to reach the playoffs, Bledsoe had led them to a 9-7 record, an improvement over the 6-10 mark that Vinny Testaverde had finished with in 2004.

Archived