Goldfish's 3 Rounds

goldfishwars

19 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Pittsburgh Steelers

20. Mack Wilson [ LB ] Alabama

52. Julian Love [ CB ] Notre Dame

84. Antoine Wesley [ WR ] Texas Tech

I think the positions are fine.  I can see the Steelers trying to trade up like crazy if White falls past the Bengals.

I think in the 3rd they could go different ways. Antoine Wesley is not the normal type of WR they go for.  D'Andre Walker [ EDGE ] Georgia  or Rb with Montgomery might fit.  They could also surprise with an OG like Beau Benzschawel.  That all depends on if they sign Foster.  If it were me I would go Walker but still a decent draft.

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Interested to know where you have Cody Ford rated

He’s a good player and could sneak into the late 1st, but at pick 11 it seems high especially with players like Devin White, Greg Little, or even Daniel Jones on the board. 

I'm okay with Ford, then Irv Smith.  But in that scenario, I'm going with Pratt at LB in the third.

Personally, I'd go with White in the first and a tackle (Taylor?) in the second, and still go Pratt in the third,  White to MLB, Pratt to OLB with yje tackle going immediately to RT

Hate the Josh Jacobs pick for the Eagles. Taking a RB in the first who plays 2nd fiddle on his own team from a school that is known for having RBs bust, or at least be underwhelming in the NFL isn't a good pick. Give us either David Edwards or Dexter Lawrence there and I'd adjust the following picks accordingly. Eagles first 3 picks ALL need to be in the trenches.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, goldfishwars said:

Houston Texans

23. Greg Little [ OT ] Mississippi

53. Taylor Rapp [ FS ] Washington

55. Dru Samia [ OG ] Oklahoma

87. David Montgomery [ RB ] Iowa State

Really good draft overall - I'm hoping the Texans re-sign both Kareem Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu, but odds are one of them will walk this off-season. This makes the Rapp pick worth it then.

If the Texans manage to keep both, Kris Boyd or Kaleb McGary would be nice additions to the team (yes, I'm completely on board with burning our first and two seconds on OL).

We have the number 3 statistical offense in the league and a pathetic defense and our first 2 picks are offense? Absolutely will not happen. We will also not draft a WR, probably not in any round. Even if we drop Jackson (likely) and lose Hump in FA (unlikely) we would have a decent wr corps. I can see an OT or Guard in one of the first 2 rounds, but we need defense defense defense, especially since we are likely switching to a 3-4 base.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, goldfishwars said:

Jacksonville Jaguars

7. Kyler Murray [ QB ] Oklahoma

37. Riley Ridley [ WR ] Georgia

71. Isaac Nuata [ TE ] Georgia

94. D'Andre Walker [ EDGE ] Georgia

I'd like to find a way to get an OL in there at one of those picks, but the first three picks make tons of sense and I'm not sure there's one worth the bit of reach at 94, and we obviously need to plan fo Campbell declining at some point. Would almost hope they finish out the draft with nothing but OL choices after this if it's how it went.

Archived