EDGE Free Agents

rcon14

22 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

kind of a small sample size to be drawing a threshold precedents from. only a handful of guys. there could be numbers where they all exceeded the true threshold by a fair amount rather than just barely breaking the threshold that we are assuming. 

I'm sorry what?

54 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

I'm sorry what?

small sample size.

just hypothetically say there is metric where NFL players at a given position tend to score between 5.0 and 14.0. You see 5 packer players from that position that scored 10.5., 12.7, 10.3, 11.6, and 12.2. This thread is like saying we know from this sample that the Packers have a rule that they will only take guys that score above 10. However, for all we know, the Packers have a rule that they won't take anyone that scores below an 9.0, and it is just happenstance that the 5 particular players in the sample were above 10. At the end of the day, it's just a sample size argument. Now if you had a sample of 15-20 players or more, then I can see alot more confidence in using those numbers and a process of elimination to determine what thresholds a team requires in various metrics. 

On 1/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, Victor1124 said:

No Shaq Barrett or Markus Golden?

I missed this initially

Shaq Barrett has the agility score necessary (4.09) but does come up short in the speed catgeories. He'd be marked in yellow.

Markus Golden misses every threshold. He'd be marked in red.

9 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

small sample size.

just hypothetically say there is metric where NFL players at a given position tend to score between 5.0 and 14.0. You see 5 packer players from that position that scored 10.5., 12.7, 10.3, 11.6, and 12.2. This thread is like saying we know from this sample that the Packers have a rule that they will only take guys that score above 10. However, for all we know, the Packers have a rule that they won't take anyone that scores below an 9.0, and it is just happenstance that the 5 particular players in the sample were above 10. At the end of the day, it's just a sample size argument. Now if you had a sample of 15-20 players or more, then I can see alot more confidence in using those numbers and a process of elimination to determine what thresholds a team requires in various metrics. 

That's why I was pretty loose with my color-scheming, not to eliminate guys. I only eliminated guys with severe misses or who missed everything.

10 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

small sample size.

Was just busting your balls but honestly appreciate the breakdown lol, makes sense.

Archived