Way to Early Offseason Mock. Let the hate Flow through you.

IrishHooligan00

Bored at work, so figured hey lets do this and piss everyone off. lol

2019 Cap Space: -12 Million

Release/Cut:

S - Rodney McCloud - Saves 5 Million (Too High of a cap # for such little playmaking ability)

DE - Chris Long - Saves 5 Million (Could retire, Could ask to be released)

OT - Jason Peters - Saves 10 Million (Not a move i wanna make, however age and injuries were a lot this year

G - Stefen Wisnewski - Saves 3 Million (30 Years old, also can't make the quick swing out routes that is needed, Think Pryor takes over his spot)

2019 Cap Space: Approx 11 Million

Restructures/Resign:

DT - Tim Jernigan - Saves 7 Million (Has no Guaranteed $, can Restructure and Save Money)

DL - Michael Bennett - Saves 3 Million (Has no Guaranteed $)

WR - Nelson Agholor - Resign/Extend Lower his 9 Million Contract to around 5. Something like 4 Years / 28 Million. Year 1 hit 5 Million, Save 4 million

S - Malcolm Jenkins - Has No Guaranteed $ After 2019, Can Save about 5 Million

2019 Cap Space : 35 Million

QB NIck Foles - Mutual Agreement Not Picked up. Foles Becomes UFA. Eagles Do Not Franchise tag

2019 Cap space: 31 Million

Free Agents Not Resigned:

Brandon Graham - Gone

Golden Tate - Gone

Haloti Ngata - Gone

Chance Warmack - Gone

Chris Maragos - Gone

Mike Wallace

Corey Graham

Darren Sproles

Ronald Darby

Richard Rogers

Laroy Reynolds

Paul Worrilow

DJ Alexander

Free Agents Resigned:

WR Jordan Mathews ( 3 Year / 6 Million, Year 1 Cap Hit - 1 Million)

QB Nate Sudfeld (2nd Round Tender Aprox 3 million)

K Jake Elliot (4 Years / 15 Million, Year 1 Cap Hit - 2 Million)

Cap Space:  25 Million

Free Agency:

RB/WR - De'Anthony Thomas (3 Years / 10 Million - Year 1 Cap Hit - 2 Million)

*Doug Peterson type player, Understand his system, Can be a deep threat as well as a KR/PR.

ILB - Kwon Alexander - (6 Year / 52 Million, Year 1 Cap hit - 6 Million)

*I Don't think TB Resigns him with Switching Defenses. Him and Bradham next to each other would be great, and could flip Hicks or release)

FS - HaHa Clinton-Dix (5 Years / 55 Million, Year 1 Cap Hit - 8 Million)

*He didn't play well with Wash, They have a lot of holes. I don't think he fits their system and they don't resign. I think GB knew they couldn't resign him with how well he was playing flipped him to WAS, and the eagles should ****** him up if hes in FA.

RB-Kareem Hunt (2 Year, 12 Million 4 Million Year 1)

*This will be one of the most hated or loved moves, however he will have served his time. As well if you look at the actual details of the report the police investigated and charged the woman for attacking other females that were in hunts room that night. Overall the video wasn't as bad as ray rice, or joe mixon. I'd be willing to give him a 2nd chance. Give him a low year/low cost deal so its low risk high reward, except for the PR nightmare. 

2019 Cap Space - 8 Million

Draft, only 1st 3 round, and 1st day 3 pick

1st Round: DE - Montez Sweat - Mississippi State

***We need to add to the D-Line as we will be thin going into next year as well as having 2 players coming off injuries. I know we have one Sweat on the team already however, This Sweat can come in day 1 and contribute.  Now if he has a Crazy Combine, He will not be anywhere close to being able to be picked here. 

Image result for montez sweat

***Trade PHI Trades its 1st 2nd Rounder and a 2020 2nd Rounder to OAK for #35 and OAK 5th rounder

2nd Round: DT - Christian Wilkens - Clemson

***Some people are gonna say Wilkins falling this far is crazy, however i feel his positive test will push some teams away from him. He will pair nicely in a rotation with Cox and Jernigan or be insurance for if Jernigan can't get on the field. 

Image result for christian wilkins

2nd Round: WR - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - Stanford

***I dont trust any WR besides Jeffrey on this team. J.J. is easily one of the top 5 WR's in this draft although some have him lower due to the competition. 

Image result for j.j. arcega-whiteside

***Trade Eagles trade there 4th, and Oak 5th to ARZ for 1st pick on day 3

4th Round - RB - Bryce Love - Stanford

**Teams are gonna be a little wary of picking a RB who had a late Season ACL tear. Especially since he might not be able to play the 2019 NFL Season. I have the eagles trading up, Risky but smart move to get a RB who if he can come back healthy could be a #1 RB anywhere in the NFL. Also would be insurance incase Hunt doesn't work out, I mean could you imagine the 1-2 punch of Hunt and Love. Yes they have the same measurables for the most part, however i feel they have different Skill sets. 

Image result for Bryce Love

Ehhh..... I'll give it a D+ to C.

I'm not their biggest fans, but I think I'd rather keep McLeod and Hicks for another year over giving sizable new contracts to Alexander and Clinton-Dix.

We would be saving 5 mill by cutting Rodney, but we would also be eating 5 mill.

Hicks can hardly be trusted to stay healthy and hasn't lived up to what we expected him to become, but he's okay and will probably come back on a cheap-ish 2 year deal we can get out of after 1 year. Kwon Alexander is probably gonna be demanding about the $ you gave him and he's coming off an ACL tear. Not to mention Kwon is much better when kept clean and our defense is one that gets up field and leaves LBs exposed. Not to mention we paid Bradham last year and that hasn't worked out too well. 

I'd like to draft a safety with one of our first 3 selections if the boards falls that way.

Like Sweat and Wilkins, but we likely aren't getting the latter there, so its kind of a moot point.

We already have a contested catch target in Alshon who doesn't get a ton of separation. Why take Whiteside to play opposite him?

I'll pass on Love too. Small back. Coming off a torn ACL. Not a good pass protector and didn't catch many passes in college. Doesn't have great vision.

If we are gonna trade up in the 4th round for a back to take a chance on coming off an injury, then it should be Rodney Anderson.

Your reasoning for cutting McLeod makes no sense....and it makes even less sense when I see you mocking Clinton Dix here on an 11 million per year deal????? 

Ehhhhh not a fan. I like the Sweat pick. But not the Love trade up at all. And wheres the OL?? Cut Wiz and sign or draft noone? Huh

Where did you get the cap number? I see +6m on Spotrac. 

Roster moves (B) - I like throwing gtd at certain vets but I think others we have to say bye to

Free agency (B+) - I like Haha but is he a fit next to Jenkins? Hunt I think would solidify the RB core. Thomas would give us a gadget guy and Kwon is an upgrade. 

Draft (C+) - OL, No to the WR/RB, and why not a safety? 

I guess you're higher on Vaitai and the Rugby guy than I am. Not sure why drafting a RB if you signed a cowbell. Adams/Smallwood/ Clement still in the fold

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Your reasoning for cutting McLeod makes no sense....and it makes even less sense when I see you mocking Clinton Dix here on an 11 million per year deal????? 

Ehhhhh not a fan. I like the Sweat pick. But not the Love trade up at all. And wheres the OL?? Cut Wiz and sign or draft noone? Huh

HaHa is easily an upgrade over McLeod, and a lot younger, He's a better all around playmaker. Howie is good at the cap, so his per year would be 11 million which is low for a safety of his caliber but his cap hit wouldn't be. 

I'm ok with running with Big V, Give him a year to prove it. Theres no Can't miss prospects at OT in this draft so if he can't cut it go get one next year. 

33 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Where did you get the cap number? I see +6m on Spotrac. 

Roster moves (B) - I like throwing gtd at certain vets but I think others we have to say bye to

Free agency (B+) - I like Haha but is he a fit next to Jenkins? Hunt I think would solidify the RB core. Thomas would give us a gadget guy and Kwon is an upgrade. 

Draft (C+) - OL, No to the WR/RB, and why not a safety? 

I guess you're higher on Vaitai and the Rugby guy than I am. Not sure why drafting a RB if you signed a cowbell. Adams/Smallwood/ Clement still in the fold

Over the cap has us at -12 Million for 2019

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Spotrac has us at -14 million, 6 Million is the 2018 cap room left. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/2019/

I only restructured for people that make sense for multiple years not just this year.

I believe HaHa is the perfect type of Safety for a Jim Schwartz defense. 

Exactly my thought on Thomas and Kwon

I'm not high on any of the OL or Early Safeties, If i would've went to 7 rounds their would have been a safety and OL in their. 

We need a WR, J.J. is a Lot faster then presumed to be, and would pair great with Alshon. Love is a 1st round talent, who you can get in the 4th round, He has a different skillset then Hunt in regards to Elusiveness, However Hunt has the Receiving Ability. I know Damn well I do not wanna See Smallwood on this team next year,. Now Love could end up missing the whole 2019 season, but im ok with risking that for the talent that he is in a position we almost always MISS on. 

Big VVVV, I believe with a full offseason as the starter and knowing he's the guy, he'll step up once again like he did in the SB last year. 

Why do you hate so much on McLeod? Has this season taught us nothing?

Besides he has like a 50-50 cap hit, it doesn´t make sense to get rid of him when our defense went down the drain the moment one of our S went down. If anything he´s coming back along with the signing of a better 3rd safety.

Archived