Way to Early Offseason Mock. Let the hate Flow through you.

IrishHooligan00

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Your mock was well researched and thorough... I'll give ya that. BUT, I don't really care for it too much. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Everyone has the prospects in the Draft and FA they love and hate, as well as players on the team they want gone or kept. Which parts did ya like, which did you hate? 

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Dude, C'mon He's been Garbage. You know this lmao

No he really hasnt.

Any explanation as to why you think McLeod is so bad that we should not only cut him (when hes in his prime at 28 and on year 3 of a 5 year deal in which almost all of the guaranteed money has already been allocated no less)....but also then go and sign Clinton Dix, who in 2018 was worse than 2017 McLeod, is only 2 years younger, to twice as much $?

What tape have you been watching my dude?

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

HAHA nice one. but cmon he's was never a good Safety. He doesn't tackle well, He's not a ballhawk, he's just a body on the field as a distraction lol

He is actually a solid tackling safety. He can play in the box, he can cover HBs, or drop back in a centerfield role. 

Do you think its a coincidence that despite our poor CB play in 2017, our defense was still able to mask that? DL play and a good safety duo does that. 

And why did our secondary not miss a beat really when our cbs kept going down the last 2 seasons...only when McLeod goes on IR, we began to actually look like a team rolling out street FAs at corner?

59 minutes ago, BAConrad said:
2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

HAHA nice one. but cmon he's was never a good Safety. He doesn't tackle well, He's not a ballhawk, he's just a body on the field as a distraction lol

He is actually a solid tackling safety. He can play in the box, he can cover HBs, or drop back in a centerfield role. 

Solak and Kist mentioned on a pod not too long ago that our fans don't see most of what McLeod does cause he's not playing up close as much.

Could we improve on him and should we get younger at safety? I'm sure and of course...

I mean McLeod will be 29 years this summer and Jenkins will be nearing 32 years old.

But, it makes MUCH more sense to draft a safety and also maybe try one of our guys out there this off-season and then get out of McLeod's deal after the 2019 season when the dead cap drops from 48.5% of the cap hit to only 22%.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Solak and Kist mentioned on a pod not too long ago that our fans don't see most of what McLeod does cause he's not playing up close as much.

Could we improve on him and should we get younger at safety? I'm sure and of course...

I mean McLeod will be 29 years this summer and Jenkins will be nearing 32 years old.

But, it makes MUCH more sense to draft a safety and also maybe try one of our guys out there this off-season and then get out of McLeod's deal after the 2019 season when the dead cap drops from 48.5% of the cap hit to only 22%.

My thoughts exactly 

8 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:
10 hours ago, Jlash said:

Christian Wilkins didn't fail the drug test, Dexter Lawrence did. 

Wilkins is a 1st rounder all day.

Yup i copied and pasted the wrong one, oh well, lol. Still have him in the the top of the 2nd. 

Is that cause you want him to be there for us to pick (understandable) or cause you think that's where he will get selected?

It's hard to imagine such a high character guy who improved in his last season and showed up on the biggest stage of college sports helping his team win another national championship falling to where we could trade up in the 2nd round for him.

I could see how maybe he falls to 25, but even that is probably a reach after teams start sitting down with the kid. Feel like he's gonna kill interviews.

People just gush over the guy.

If he was available in the 2nd round. I'd gladly do that trade up though. ;)

On 1/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

Everyone has the prospects in the Draft and FA they love and hate, as well as players on the team they want gone or kept. Which parts did ya like, which did you hate? 

A few things that made me not like it:

Jason Peters leaving... this hurt my heart. 

Letting Foles walk for nothing. We need to find a way to get some picks for him. We'll be giving another team a starting QB for free. The Scottish in me is hating this. 

K Hunt. Dude has a problem with violence. I know a team is going to sign him but how long before he does it again and gets suspended? I don't like depending on a guy that has off field issues. (EG Josh Gordon.) 

The Raiders trade. I don't want to give up 2020 picks for anything in this draft. I'm cool with trade ups if they use 2019 draft picks only. We should approach this draft with the mindset of either a - stay where we're at or b - trade back for 2020 picks AKA like the patriots do. 

I'm cool with picking the trenches this draft. It is turning out to be that kind of a draft class. Dline and Oline depth are a must. We are aging and we need to find replacements. 

Speaking of which, I love pipe dreaming as much as the next guy but there is no way Wilkins lasts to the 2nd round. We would have to trade up to get him. 

I do like taking a mid level second day chance on Love if he is there. 

Also I think we should look for a quality Vet QB Sudfield doesn't really inspire confidence. 

Again it's not horrible. I'm just a picky and it is easier to mock a mock by someone else than rock a mock you created. 

Go Birds

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

A few things that made me not like it:

Jason Peters leaving... this hurt my heart. 

Letting Foles walk for nothing. We need to find a way to get some picks for him. We'll be giving another team a starting QB for free. The Scottish in me is hating this. 

K Hunt. Dude has a problem with violence. I know a team is going to sign him but how long before he does it again and gets suspended? I don't like depending on a guy that has off field issues. (EG Josh Gordon.) 

The Raiders trade. I don't want to give up 2020 picks for anything in this draft. I'm cool with trade ups if they use 2019 draft picks only. We should approach this draft with the mindset of either a - stay where we're at or b - trade back for 2020 picks AKA like the patriots do. 

I'm cool with picking the trenches this draft. It is turning out to be that kind of a draft class. Dline and Oline depth are a must. We are aging and we need to find replacements. 

Speaking of which, I love pipe dreaming as much as the next guy but there is no way Wilkins lasts to the 2nd round. We would have to trade up to get him. 

I do like taking a mid level second day chance on Love if he is there. 

Also I think we should look for a quality Vet QB Sudfield doesn't really inspire confidence. 

Again it's not horrible. I'm just a picky and it is easier to mock a mock by someone else than rock a mock you created. 

Go Birds

Peters situation is the hardest for me to project, I love how he has played in Philly and how he has bounced back time and time again.

Foles is sooo complicated. IF we take the mutual option, and he denies, only option would be ok franchise him, now what if you can't trade him before the draft. Eagles have 0 leverage in this if he is tagged, Foles has to wanna play ball and best bet agree on his end for anything of reality to happen.

I'm ok with trading future assets to move up, I don't believe in the whole trade down constantly year in and year out. I hated when we did it last year, granted we got Goedert, but chubb was right there, I was high all year on Chubb, I never thought he'd fall that far. 

D-Line is gonna be our weakest next year if we don't draft high talent, Which with Scwartz is not a good thing since we have no Real Corners who can cover.

I see Wilkins in multiple mocks going top 15 all the way to 25-35. Combine is gonna be a difference maker for this first round i think. However I agree, No way he should be available, Just see more WR's, QBS, and CBS going in this draft round 1 then should be. 

Love would be a day 3 pick, Rounds 4-7 are day 3. Getting him on day 3 when he wouldve been a top 25 pick is a STEAL. 

I agree a QB will be drafted in later rounds. 

I just love the feedback man, Whether its hate or liking what i done, its all in fun. Not like anything we put in here matters to the eagles. 

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I honestly think you can trade Wis. Like Arizona's oline is so bad he could start at 3 spots. Why wouldnt they give us a 6th for him? Even like a 6th round comp pick. heck I'd take their 7th.

Why are we trading Wiz for peanuts when Brooks probably won’t be ready to start the season? 

Archived