GDT - NFCCG Rams (13-3) @ Saints (13-3): Get loud.

Canadian Saint

Got hosed but whatever, can't do anything about it as a fan. 

Their kicker stepped up and nailed one that would've been good from 70 too. Congrats to them, but I hope they lose in the Super Bowl. Not out of hate for them, my only hate is directed at the refs, but if they lose in the SB then it'll make me feel better about this screwjob, because I figure we would've lost in the SB anyways lol. Kinda like last year when the Eagles murdered the Vikings and made me feel a lot better about the meaningless miracle.

I actually started to feel some nervousness at the end, which seems increasingly rare for me these days as I grow more and more apathetic towards sports (especially the NFL due to the more and more offensive game + ****ty refs), but it all vanished after the no call. After that I just felt like we were gonna lose and lost all nervousness. Miracle last year, screwjob this year, wish we could just be beat normally for once though lol. 

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Got hosed but whatever, can't do anything about it as a fan. 

Their kicker stepped up and nailed one that would've been good from 70 too. Congrats to them, but I hope they lose in the Super Bowl. Not out of hate for them, my only hate is directed at the refs, but if they lose in the SB then it'll make me feel better about this screwjob, because I figure we would've lost in the SB anyways lol. Kinda like last year when the Eagles murdered the Vikings and made me feel a lot better about the meaningless miracle.

I actually started to feel some nervousness at the end, which seems increasingly rare for me these days as I grow more and more apathetic towards sports (especially the NFL due to the more and more offensive game + ****ty refs), but it all vanished after the no call. After that I just felt like we were gonna lose and lost all nervousness. Miracle last year, screwjob this year, wish we could just be beat normally for once though lol. 

Oh, I hate teh rams fans on this site now.  I hope they feel utter misery and get destroyed while having the worst officiating in the history of the NFL go against them.  Like so bad that Congress has to actually open an inquiry to find out if foul play was involved.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Oh, I hate teh rams fans on this site now.  I hope they feel utter misery and get destroyed while having the worst officiating in the history of the NFL go against them.  Like so bad that Congress has to actually open an inquiry to find out if foul play was involved.

Now dont be mean. I feel bad for your team. This probably hurts more than the Minnesota Miracle last season. Ill continue to say that the Saints had a chance to be up 21pts early in the game but they had to settle for 13pts in total. The Saints should never be looking at the refs if they were up 21pts winning comfortably especially how the Rams offense looked for most of the first half. So I do feel bad for the Saints, but those missed opportunities came back to haunt them in the worst way. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Now dont be mean. I feel bad for your team. This probably hurts more than the Minnesota Miracle last season. Ill continue to say that the Saints had a chance to be up 21pts early in the game but they had to settle for 13pts in total. The Saints should never be looking at the refs if they were up 21pts winning comfortably especially how the Rams offense looked for most of the first half. So I do feel bad for the Saints, but those missed opportunities came back to haunt them in the worst way. 

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Super Bowl berth

You focus on what IS not what IF, and what IS is that we should've been able to run the clock down and kick a game winning FG as time expired. No ifs and buts are needed for that one. 

12 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Super Bowl berth

You focus on what IS not what IF, and what IS is that we should've been able to run the clock down and kick a game winning FG as time expired. No ifs and buts are needed for that one. 

I am focusing on the IS. The tight end dropped a sure td catch. The Saints were 5/5 in tds in the redzone against the Rams in Week 9. Since that Dallas game the Saints were 6/6 in tds in the redzone up until today. They started the game off 0/2 in tds in the redzone. They shouldve been up 21-0 and its not no IFs they Saints let the Rams hang around and it came back to bite them. They shouldve never let the game be in the refs hands. The Rams offense looked miserable the 1st quarter. The Saints were living in the redzone and to only be up 13-0 the Saints dont put the Rams out of their misery early like they did so many teams in the Superdome. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I am focusing on the IS. The tight end dropped a sure td catch. The Saints were 5/5 in tds in the redzone against the Rams in Week 9. Since that Dallas game the Saints were 6/6 in tds in the redzone up until today. They started the game off 0/2 in tds in the redzone. They shouldve been up 21-0 and its not no IFs they Saints let the Rams hang around and it came back to bite them. They shouldve never let the game be in the refs hands. The Rams offense looked miserable the 1st quarter. The Saints were living in the redzone and to only be up 13-0 the Saints dont put the Rams out of their misery early like they did so many teams in the Superdome. 

No, focusing on things that happened early in the game is the IF. Change all that and the entire game changes. Rams go for TDs when they went for FGs in some places. Everything's different. The fact is the actual situation we were in was a PI that was missed and would've ended the game if called and Lutz makes the kick, which he did. 

5 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

1 maybe 2.  He's looking older and older.

Eh, depends on if we can nail a draft pick QB. We'll have all the cap in the world to keep our young defensive core if Brees is retired and we have a rookie contract QB. 

We actually have a very long window if we do that, it's just all we have atm is Brees so as of now when he retires we're done, which is 1-2 years. 

Just heard today that NFL owners AND players are going to negotiate at the next CBA meetings their cut of legal gambling.

I guess when the fix is this obvious, what do the owners and players have to fear? I mean why not get some of that gravy?

Ok guys, heads up, no whining.  Don't be that guy.  Be honest with yourselves, we've benefitted from some home cooking in the past.  Yea, it's the biggest game of the year and it sucks, but it's over now.

Be men for Christ's sake, we had a damn good run and should be proud of it.  Our 40 year old QB led the league in passer rating and beat the defending Superbowl champs 48-7.  I had fun, and it was a damn good season

5 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

No, focusing on things that happened early in the game is the IF. Change all that and the entire game changes. Rams go for TDs when they went for FGs in some places. Everything's different. The fact is the actual situation we were in was a PI that was missed and would've ended the game if called and Lutz makes the kick, which he did. 

Its the game. The Saints had their chances to be up 21-0 and the way the Rams offense looked early the refs wouldnt have been in position to make a big impact on the game. The Saints let the Rams hang around. The bad call is important and I think thats going to be talk until the end of time BUT the Saints dropped a td and had to settle for the field goal. They got the interception and had to settle for a field goal. The Saints had three possessions early in the game and shouldve been up 21-0. I dont think yall understand that. I get the refs are going to be pointed at but had the Saints been up 21-0 early the refs wouldnt have been a factor. You put the Rams out of their misery and the Saints didnt do it. So the refs are going to be the blame and rightfully so but dont ignore all the golden opportunities the Saints missed early to blow the game wide open like they have done so many times to teams in the Superdome. 

Archived