GDT - NFCCG Rams (13-3) @ Saints (13-3): Get loud.

Canadian Saint

7 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Ok guys, heads up, no whining.  Don't be that guy.  Be honest with yourselves, we've benefitted from some home cooking in the past.  Yea, it's the biggest game of the year and it sucks, but it's over now.

Be men for Christ's sake, we had a damn good run and should be proud of it.  Our 40 year old QB led the league in passer rating and beat the defending Superbowl champs 48-7.  I had fun, and it was a damn good season

The secret is to always have crippling depression so when your sports team loses it can't hurt you 

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

I only partially invest in football these days. The Niners NFCCG taught me the perils of putting too much into something I'm not paid for. :) 

That said, this is no bueno. I was pretty hot when they didn't call that. In hindsight, though, we still could have won it. No excuses. When that didn't go our way, we deflated. We lost our fight. You could see it. My sister and I were discussing it. You knew he'd hit a 57 yarder, no slouch of a kick. So much hard work undone by letting a call get the best of us. But the game was in our hands where we wanted it. We won the toss. We did **** with that. That pick was a horrible decision, like selling out on the blitz when Goff was beating us up and down the field all day on that. I don't know. I want to be bitter but I'm just not. We were not the better team today and that makes me sad. I always believe and want the Saints to win but they get paid to earn it and they just didn't. Next year maybe they will. Till then...

Well bros, what can we do, have a good cry I guess. It was a good season.

The last two years have been wonderful despite the endings. I'm not bitter at all. Yeah we deserved better but that's life. Sometimes in life you just get **** on. I'm sad and upset but we have nothing to be ashamed of at all. It beats having Jim Haslett or Mike Ditka as coach and going 3-13 or something. This team gave me a lot of good memories this season.

Good game Saints fans. Most of you guys are solid fellas.  I know that call hurt and it will take time to get over.

But if there is one team I don’t doubt being at the top again in the NFC, it’s you guys. 

I was more fearful from your team than both AFC teams. 

I wish you guys best of luck. Hopefully we get another rematch next season for the NFC and may the best team win 

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Good game Saints fans. Most of you guys are solid fellas.  I know that call hurt and it will take time to get over.

But if there is one team I don’t doubt being at the top again in the NFC, it’s you guys. 

I was more fearful from your team than both AFC teams. 

I wish you guys best of luck. Hopefully we get another rematch next season for the NFC and may the best team win 

Thank you and the other Rams fans that acknowledge how atrocious that was without making additional excuses to justify it.

Some of  y'all sound like Raider fans lol. "The league hated Al forever so we're still getting non-favorable calls (40 years later)." Listen, the refs screwed up (understatement). I'm w/ y'all 1000000% but there's no agenda out there. It's just crappy officiating and if anything, this gets the ball moving that maybe under 2 minutes, EVERYTHING is reviewable. It will slow down the game more which people will hate but hopefully it leads to getting the calls right.

Here's to the best of luck to y'all in Brees' last years. I think he goes the Tom way and doesn't retire as long as he's playing at the level he is. Amazing QB. I know the wackiness of your division and there's rarely back to back winners but I think y'all have a team compiled that can make some noise in the near future. Back to back terrible ways to lose in NFCC games does suck though. I feel for y'all. Hope you can keep everyone together and make an impact next year. A fun team to watch,

10 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

It sucks when the refs eff you out of a super bowl.. us Vikings fans can totally relate.  At least you have 2009 to hang your hat on boys we’re still waiting 

To be fair, it was only one play. I don't necessarily disagree but it's not all on the refs. 

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

To be fair, it was only one play. I don't necessarily disagree but it's not all on the refs. 

You clearly don't understand momentum, and weren't watching the clock. 
A) If that were a catch, it's first down, the Saints burn the clock, kick a field goal at least, and basically game over.
B) Had that been called a PI, or Helmet to Helmet, same as above.

Saying "only one play" is the equivalent of saying somebody should brush off the dust and continue to drive to work right after their car had just been T-boned.

It's never "all" on the refs, but as we know, sometimes it only takes ONE bad call to change the outcome. Between that missed PI, and TWO uncalled Helmet to Helmet hits by whoever the Rams #58 is, that would have been big time changers. It's cheating, it's dirty, and it wasn't called. I won't hate on the player who did the PI, that's just timing. But the H to H was deliberate.

Just wanted to come in here and say good game to you all and I respect the high road some of the Saints fans on here are taking. My thoughts on the game are well documented, but that's a rough one to lose regardless and there are some posters here that are much better men than I (Jlowe22 and nolaexpat were the two I noticed from NFL Gen but I'm sure there are a ton more). You guys are an awesome fan base and city (was down in December for a wedding). Good luck moving forward!

Sorry Saints fans.  That was a lousy way to have your season come to an end.  Drew Brees is a great quarterback, and hopefully, he has another season or two of excellence left in the tank.  Best of luck in the draft, and we will all be back at it again next year.  

Hey just wanted to say great game guys, it was truly a championship bout. And that dome looks amazing to watch a playoff game in, I could feel the energy coming off my TV.

Sorry about that bad call, we have been on the other side of those a few times and it sucks. Refs need to step their game up no question.

I know you guys will bounce back next year and be as tenacious as ever! Hell of a season guys my hats off to a classy organization.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

You clearly don't understand momentum, and weren't watching the clock. 
A) If that were a catch, it's first down, the Saints burn the clock, kick a field goal at least, and basically game over.
B) Had that been called a PI, or Helmet to Helmet, same as above.

Saying "only one play" is the equivalent of saying somebody should brush off the dust and continue to drive to work right after their car had just been T-boned.

It's never "all" on the refs, but as we know, sometimes it only takes ONE bad call to change the outcome. Between that missed PI, and TWO uncalled Helmet to Helmet hits by whoever the Rams #58 is, that would have been big time changers. It's cheating, it's dirty, and it wasn't called. I won't hate on the player who did the PI, that's just timing. But the H to H was deliberate.

I clearly do understand momentum and I understand that game situation but thanks.

It was only one play. The Saints had the entire other part of the game to stop the Rams or score more points. It was the most pivotal call in the game and y'all got screwed big time but to put this all on the refs is incorrect. I understand that fans want to play the victim card when applicable (again, Raider fans have been doing it for 5 decades) but responsibility is needed at times. The Saints were the better team. I wanted The Saints to win it all for about 100 reasons but they didn't do enough to overcome one of the worst calls in the history of sports. One. 

Archived