How fat are you, and what do you think about your weight?

Ty21

I was watching/reading stuff about weight in society for men, and what's it's lead to good or bad. Mostly regarding personal, and professional relationships. I'm fat, and growing up I always had weight become a bothersome issue for me. Now though, I do find myself wishing I was in that <200 range. Maybe because I'm working out more consistently. Seems like it would be more beneficial in a lot of public situations (I think people would leave me alone more if I could get that less fat, and physically intimidating physique). 

Has weight been an issue in your life good or bad?

48 minutes ago, Tyty said:

July 2016 I was 338 lbs. I’m currently 235 and that’s where I’ve been for a few months. Probably not getting any lower without an actual diet and exercise regimen 

Holy crap man, keep it going. My brother is down to 275 from 305 and it's very becoming.

I'm 170lbs, somewhere around 15-16% body fat. Had a bit of a belly there for a while but nipped it in the bud.

240 lbs at 6'2" and almost 38 years old.  Was 235 when I graduated high school 20 years ago (was 205 6 months before that.  Football ended and I kept eating like it hadn't).  I've been as low as 208 since then and as high as 252.  Ideally i'd be in the 205 range, but given how busy and hectic my life is with 4 kids, I don't see that as overly feasible without significant effort that I just can't give at the moment.  My wife gets mad at me because I wear the same size jeans now as I did at 18.  Can't dunk anymore, but I can still get rim.  It's fun coaching my 8 year olds basketball team because I can dunk on them when we're playing around on the 9 foot rim they use.

A plus of being my size is that I literally can't remember the last time someone seriously tried to intimidate me.  A couple people have tried that I literally laughed at and that was the end of that.  I'm quite strong too so that contributes to that as well.  Negatively my short distance endurance is crap.  I can run all out still, but that isn't going to last long.  I still have my long term endurance to grind through tasks/practices/etc, but I'm sure it'd be easier if I weighed less.  As I enter my 40's i'll likely need to make an effort to drop some weight to keep that up.  I have about 10 more years of coaching my kids in youth sports until my youngest is in high school.

I believe I'm still around 175-180 at 5'9. I would have to confirm in February since I'm on the Whole30 through January and weighing yourself is a no-no. Generally happy with my weight, but wouldn't mind losing a bit before my wedding in July. (160 in HS, but my pant size hasn't really changed in that time either which is a plus). I have no problem with cardio at my weight either with my running. Anyone that tells you that training for a marathon is a surefire way to lose weight, btw, is lying to you because they aren't accounting for the food cravings post-run.

Speaking of pants sizes, I wore 52 a few years ago and now I’m size 36. I’ve had to wear my fat pants to work a few times with a belt and it looks retardedly comical but my wallet can’t gain weight as fast as I lost it. 

Archived