Cowboys fire OC Scott Linehan

49erurtaza

I can certainly see why he frustrated a lot of Cowboys fans to no end, but the hate for him seemed overstated to me.  Seemed like a guy who took what he had to work with, and made it work (mostly).  You give a guy a phenomenal OLine, one of the best backs in the league, a good chain-moving slot receiver and not a whole lot else...i think that's probably not too far off the sort of offense i'd default to in that situation.  Lean on the ground game to take pressure off your QB with limitations...try to just keep moving the chains and eating up clock.  Seemed to get more out of Cooper than the Raiders did after the trade too.

Maybe i just somehow didn't watch enough Cowboys games (despite them being on every 3rd primetime game)...but it seemed like a guy getting a decent amount out of the strengths of a moderately talented offense.

Just not really sure how much of a crazy elaborate high octane sort of offense you're really going to run with Dak at QB and all your strength really concentrated around the OLine and running game.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:55 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

So what's the hold up for Kellen Moore being named offensive coordinator, officially? They already signed his replacement at QB coach in Jon Kitna.

Well they keep putting off the decision. They are trying to get in contact with someone they really want or they are waiting for the SB to be over to go after someone they want. I figure if they were so enamoured and sure about Kelllen Moore then they would have named him OC already. 

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well they keep putting off the decision. They are trying to get in contact with someone they really want or they are waiting for the SB to be over to go after someone they want. I figure if they were so enamoured and sure about Kelllen Moore then they would have named him OC already. 

Well I saw this since then:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article224974480.html

Perhaps the Cowboys are waiting to see how Kellen handles himself calling the offense at the Pro Bowl before making their decision. Which is kinda stupid considering the Pro Bowl is meaningless.

Archived