Cba and work stoppage

OrangeNBlue86

Not sure if everyone read Schefters tweet about the new coach hires and how they indicated an upcoming stoppage. 

With that in mind, who’s in to tank for two seasons, let the stoppage play out and hopefully be really good when play starts back up? Players that are in the primes of their career are going to lose a season of peak performance making youth even more of a premium than it is already. Trade von, Harris, sanders and stock up on picks. 

The $15 billion behemoth that is the NFL won’t have a work stoppage, too much risk of money loss. Every time a the CBA is up a new one has to be negotiated, certain sensationalists in the media begin hyping it. I’m not too worried. 

Im sure some teams are hedging their bets, as smart businesmen do, but I wouldn’t be concerned about a significant, i.e. during the regular season. 

That being as, a mental exercise, your idea would work if this franchise wasn’t in dire financial straights and if Ellis & Co. didn’t have to force the team into win-now mode. 

Dumb question but why cant they do a preliminary discussion a year in advance so they can save time and hash out some sort of structure. When the time comes and they are on the clock to get it done--the groundwork has already been negotiated and taken care of saving everyone from the mass hysteria of deadlines

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dumb question but why cant they do a preliminary discussion a year in advance so they can save time and hash out some sort of structure. When the time comes and they are on the clock to get it done--the groundwork has already been negotiated and taken care of saving everyone from the mass hysteria of deadlines

Okay, thats about enough of common sense!

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Okay, thats about enough of common sense!

lol hey man, if I know one thing about working in business its that even the people at the highest level of the company make some really stupid head scratching decisions largely due to the "your overthinking it' rule. Ive seen so many poor decisions because GMs/Ops Directors try to overthink and make things more complicated than they need to be. Sometimes less is more.

Archived