Daniel Jeremiah's Mock #1

goldfishwars

Caused a bit of a stir - always interested to see what he does because of his contacts around the league. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

1. Arizona Cardinals  -  Nick Bosa - Edge  -   Ohio State

2. San Francisco 49ers  -  Rashan Gary - Edge  -   Michigan

3. New York Jets  -  Josh Allen - Edge  -   Kentucky

4. Oakland Raiders  -  Quinnen Williams - DT  -   Alabama

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  -  Josh Jacobs - RB  -   Alabama

6. New York Giants  -  Dwayne Haskins - QB  -   Ohio State

7. Jacksonville Jaguars  -  Jeffery Simmons - DT  -   Mississippi State

8. Detroit Lions  -  T.J. Hockenson - TE  -   Iowa

9. Buffalo Bills  -  Jawaan Taylor - OT  -   Florida

10. Denver Broncos  -  Devin White - LB  -   LSU

11. Cincinnati Bengals  -  Cody Ford - OT  -   Oklahoma

12. Green Bay Packers  -  Clelin Ferrell - Edge  -   Clemson

13. Miami Dolphins  -  Daniel Jones - QB  -   Duke

14. Atlanta Falcons  -  Ed Oliver - DT  -   Houston

15. Washington Redskins  -  Marquise Brown - WR  -   Oklahoma

16. Carolina Panthers  -  Greedy Williams - CB  -   LSU

17. Cleveland Browns  -  Andre Dillard - OT  -   Washington State

18. Minnesota Vikings  -  Jonah Williams - OG  -   Alabama

19. Tennessee Titans  -  D.K. Metcalf - WR  -   Mississippi

20. Pittsburgh Steelers  -  Devin Bush - LB  -   Michigan

21. Seattle Seahawks  -  Montez Sweat - DE  -   Mississippi State

22. Baltimore Ravens  -  Nasir Adderley - S  -   Delaware

23. Houston Texans  -  Deandre Baker - CB  -   Georgia

24. Oakland Raiders  -  Jaylon Ferguson - DE  -   Louisiana Tech

25. Philadelphia Eagles  -  Christian Wilkins - DT  -   Clemson

26. Indianapolis Colts  -  Johnathan Abram - S  -   Mississippi State

27. Oakland Raiders  -  Trayvon Mullen - CB  -   Clemson

28. LA Chargers  -  Mack Wilson - LB  -   Alabama

29. New England Patriots  -  Kyler Murray - QB  -   Oklahoma

30. LA Rams  -  Dexter Lawrence - DT  -   Clemson

31. Kansas City Chiefs  -  Byron Murphy - CB  -   Washington

32. Green Bay Packers  -  Noah Fant - TE  -   Iowa

That board/draft would send Nasir Adderley to the Ravens. I can get behind that. A safety who can play deep or an oline would be the most obvious needs for the Ravens. If an interior pass rusher at dline falls, that player could get a look as well.

39 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd be happy with Murphy in KC. I personally believe that Zach Allen will go in round one and he isn't listed here.

Agreed, that would be a sin to not have him in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Caused a bit of a stir - always interested to see what he does because of his contacts around the league. 

1. Nick Bosa - Edge |Ohio State | Year: Junior 

2. Rashan Gary - Edge |Michigan | Year: Junior 

3. Josh Allen - Edge |Kentucky | Year: Senior 

4. Quinnen Williams - DT |Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

5. Josh Jacobs - RB |Alabama | Year: Junior 

6. Dwayne Haskins - QB |Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

7. Jeffery Simmons - DT |Mississippi State | Year: Junior 

8. T.J. Hockenson - TE |Iowa | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

9. Jawaan Taylor - OT |Florida | Year: Junior 

10. Devin White - LB |LSU | Year: Junior 

11. Cody Ford - OT |Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 

12. Clelin Ferrell - Edge |Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

13. Daniel Jones - QB |Duke | Year: Junior (RS) 

14. Ed Oliver - DT |Houston | Year: Junior 

15. Marquise Brown - WR |Oklahoma | Year: Junior 

16. Greedy Williams - CB |LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

17. Andre Dillard - OT |Washington State | Year: Senior (RS) 

18. Jonah Williams - OG |Alabama | Year: Junior 

19. D.K. Metcalf - WR |Mississippi | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

20. Devin Bush - LB |Michigan | Year: Junior 

21. Montez Sweat - DE |Mississippi State | Year: Senior 

22. Nasir Adderley - S |Delaware | Year: Senior 

23. Deandre Baker - CB |Georgia | Year: Senior 

24. Jaylon Ferguson - DE |Louisiana Tech | Year: Senior (RS) 

25. Christian Wilkins - DT |Clemson | Year: Senior 

26. Johnathan Abram - S |Mississippi State | Year: Senior 

27. Trayvon Mullen - CB |Clemson | Year: Junior 

28. Mack Wilson - LB |Alabama | Year: Junior 

29. Kyler Murray - QB |Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 

30. Dexter Lawrence - DT |Clemson | Year: Junior 

31. Byron Murphy - CB |Washington | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

32. Noah Fant - TE |Iowa | Year: Junior 

Why in the bloody hell would Dexter Lawrence be so low?  Because of taking a PED?  Yeah right, once more it is not like the kid smocked crack cocaine or something.

Would love to see Dillard that high but I doubt it, plays in that odd offensive line system at Washington State that is hard to translate to the NFL.  Would be cool to see no doubt but doubt it happens.  

As for Jacobs being top 5, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliott the most recent RBs going top 5 and Jacobs is not anywhere close to the likes of Barkley and Elliott in terms of top end talent.  Sure he is an all around back and was under used at times on Bama but not sure he is this All Pro type talent.

Also I do not see the Gary love, the guy had a poor year this season and was injured on and off.  No way he is better than Quinnen Williams and not sure he is even that great of a edge rusher.  Could argue Brian Burns is a better edge rusher, Gary is kind of a inbetween possibly star DT but not sure he could play it, or impressive 3/4 DE but again not sure he could play it.  Maybe it was just the injury that made him so ehhh this season.

Dalton Risner is a 1st round talent I feel, same with Greg Little.  And Julian Love should be a 1st round pick as well and is better than Mullen by far.  Lack of Taylor Rapp being included is odd no doubt, Thompson makes sense with how bad he played in the title game but Rapp is a pure coverage safety who can do a crazy amount of things on the football thing, is a 1st round pick all the way.

Daniel Jones I like but not at that high of a selection, if someone picks him that high and has big time expectations for him instantly they will be possibly disappointed.

Adderley that would be super cool to see but only way that happens if he just blows up at the combine and runs close to a 4.3 40 or something.  Sweet prospect and again would be great to see him in the 1st round out of Delware but he has some work to do before that happens.  

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not sure why we'd draft a DT when we did so last year...even if Bryan underwhelmed big time its just a bad idea

Agreed, and I disliked the Bryan pick last year he was a big reach as a 1st rounder.  Jaguars need OL help and take your pick of the tackles, Jonah Williams, Greg Little or Taylor.  They need OL help badly but they also have other issues.  Even though possibly a guard would be a better choice but will see, and not sure any guard is worth picking that highly.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, and I disliked the Bryan pick last year he was a big reach as a 1st rounder.  Jaguars need OL help and take your pick of the tackles, Jonah Williams, Greg Little or Taylor.  They need OL help badly but they also have other issues.  Even though possibly a guard would be a better choice but will see, and not sure any guard is worth picking that highly.  

Is that because they aren't worth a 1st round pick or that guards tend to be valued less because I just feel like nowadays you cant do anything in this league without good guards too. Pass rushers are getting bigger, stronger & faster plus the blitzes are tougher to pick up because of it

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is that because they aren't worth a 1st round pick or that guards tend to be valued less because I just feel like nowadays you cant do anything in this league without good guards too. Pass rushers are getting bigger, stronger & faster plus the blitzes are tougher to pick up because of it

There are decent guards available just not any I would take 10th overall.  Risner and Ivey could potentially be tackles also and McGovern and Pierschbacher might be centers in the league but will see.  Could get some great guard value in the 2nd round because some of these guys would totally be around then potentially, my guess is two get picked in the 1st round and the rest could be available later

Dalton Risner Kansas State RS SR
Martez Ivey Florida SR
Nate Herbig Stanford OG JR 
Alex Bars Notre Dame SR
Connor McGovern Penn State JR
Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin RS SR
Ross Pierschbacher Alabama RS SR
Michael Dieter Wisconsin RS SR
Dru Samia Oklahoma SR

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, that would be a sin to not have him in the 1st round.

Why in the bloody hell would Dexter Lawrence be so low?  Because of taking a PED?  Yeah right, once more it is not like the kid smocked crack cocaine or something.

Would love to see Dillard that high but I doubt it, plays in that odd offensive line system at Washington State that is hard to translate to the NFL.  Would be cool to see no doubt but doubt it happens.  

As for Jacobs being top 5, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliott the most recent RBs going top 5 and Jacobs is not anywhere close to the likes of Barkley and Elliott in terms of top end talent.  Sure he is an all around back and was under used at times on Bama but not sure he is this All Pro type talent.

Also I do not see the Gary love, the guy had a poor year this season and was injured on and off.  No way he is better than Quinnen Williams and not sure he is even that great of a edge rusher.  Could argue Brian Burns is a better edge rusher, Gary is kind of a inbetween possibly star DT but not sure he could play it, or impressive 3/4 DE but again not sure he could play it.  Maybe it was just the injury that made him so ehhh this season.

Dalton Risner is a 1st round talent I feel, same with Greg Little.  And Julian Love should be a 1st round pick as well and is better than Mullen by far.  Lack of Taylor Rapp being included is odd no doubt, Thompson makes sense with how bad he played in the title game but Rapp is a pure coverage safety who can do a crazy amount of things on the football thing, is a 1st round pick all the way.

Daniel Jones I like but not at that high of a selection, if someone picks him that high and has big time expectations for him instantly they will be possibly disappointed.

Adderley that would be super cool to see but only way that happens if he just blows up at the combine and runs close to a 4.3 40 or something.  Sweet prospect and again would be great to see him in the 1st round out of Delware but he has some work to do before that happens.  

Shhhhhh he fell the right distance. That’s a perfect spot for him

Archived