Name Your Goat Offensive QB/RB/4 WR's/TE

mdonnelly21

If you had to put the most efficient offense together of all time, let's say since 1980, how would it look?

Mine would go...

QB: Tom Brady 

RB: L. Tomlinson 

WR #1. Randy Moss 

WR #2. Calvin Johnson 

Slot WR #1 Jerry Rice 

Slot WR #2 Or TE: Terrell Owens (If not T.O then Gronk) 

There is a reason I didn't go Barry Sanders here although I think he was consistently a more dangerous running back, in the open field. 

Tomlinson would the perfect back in regards to having no weaknesses.

He could burn you on a 90 yard run on a sweep he was in a similar tier as Marshall Faulk on catching out of the back field and screens, he could block AND why I would take him over Sanders in this regard is because he could run down hill, and was better more suited to pick up a 3rd and/or 4th and inches..

Although, I might change this if I take Gronk instead of T.O as my 2nd Slot, since there will be extra blocking for those short yard situations. 

Walter Payton is my other option, who was more of a down hill runner but he wasn't as big of a threat to take a pitch to the house. I'm very comfortable with LT as my back, in all situations. 

Follow that by the 2 best 9 route route runners of all time on the sides, and the greatest route runner of all time in Rice as my Slot. 

QB: Marino (I want the stronger arm for this offense over Brady/Montana)

RB: Tough call but gotta go with Barry. He would destroy defenses that couldn't sell out to stop the run.

WR: Rice, Moss, Megatron, Antonio Brown

TE: Gronk. No question.

QB- Aaron Rodgers - A QB that can work in the pocket or buy time with his feet. Yet also has a great arm and accuracy.

RB- Marshall Faulk/FB-Jerome Bettis - I'd want a guy that can catch out of the backfield and hit the seams up the middle for my 3 down back, Faulk did it all. Then I want Bettis for those short yardage carries and goal line carries, Bettis also would help wear down defenses with his punishing run style.

WR1- Jerry Rice - the GOAT at WR, easy choice

WR2- Randy Moss - GOAT 1a, also a east choice

WR3- Calvin Johnson - One the biggest and most physical WRs ever. He was unstoppable when he was at the top of his game.

WR4/slot- Antonio Brown - Maybe one of the best  route runners ever. Could you imagine him being lined up against linebackers consistently. He'd always be open.

TE- Rob Gronkowski - Linebackers and can't keep up with him, corners and safeties can't handle his size in coverage or barely tackle him.

9 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

To be honest, I sort of disagree with this list. 

Keep it to yourself chump. I know more football than you could ever hope to know. The only guy I am not 100% on is Troy Williamson. Sanchez might not have the arm strength to get him the ball vertically. Maybe substitute Brian Robiskie in for him as he's better at running the shorter routes.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Keep it to yourself chump. I know more football than you could ever hope to know. The only guy I am not 100% on is Troy Williamson. Sanchez might not have the arm strength to get him the ball vertically. Maybe substitute Brian Robiskie in for him as he's better at running the shorter routes.

Haha touche :)

QB-Tom Brady

RB-Barry Sanders

WR-Jerry Rice

WR-Sterling Sharpe

WR-Terrell Owens

TE-Jason Witten

I wouldn't worry too much about the Slot but Rice and Sterling can alternate on inside. Witten over Gronk is hard but I think he'd be more reliable and of course way better health track record so wouldn't have to worry as much about injury.

For a 2nd RB I'd have Earl Campbell.

Archived