On 2/10/2019 at 6:02 AM, ET80 said:

I'm going with a "speed kills" offense:

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Reggie Bush

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: Bob Hayes

WR3: Tyreek Hill

TE: Shannon Sharpe

My hope is that this team just outruns everyone. 

Wouldn't Chris Johnson be a better choice at RB if you're going for pure speed?

And at TE didn't Vernon Davis run a 4.38 compared to Sharpe who ran in the 4.6 range?

8 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

QB Brady is GOAT but I go D. Marino here

RB Payton is GOAT but I take advantage of B. Sanders here

WR Rice is GOAT and I'll Take him

WR C. Carter

WR R. Moss

WR A. Monk

TE S. Sharpe or A. Gates 

I maybe should have gone A. Brown over monk

On 1/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, BleedTheClock said:

QB: Mark Sanchez
RB: Trent Richardson
WR1: Freddie Mitchell
WR2: Rae Carruth
WR3: Justin Blackmon
WR4: Troy Williamson
TE: Visanthe Shiancoe

I'm not sure how Shiancoe made a list like this.  He wasn't Gronk or anything, but he wasn't a bad TE.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, rob_shadows said:

Wouldn't Chris Johnson be a better choice at RB if you're going for pure speed?

Fair, forgot about him.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, rob_shadows said:

And at TE didn't Vernon Davis run a 4.38 compared to Sharpe who ran in the 4.6 range?

I'm thinking of play speed over game speed, but can buy into this swap.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not sure how Shiancoe made a list like this.  He wasn't Gronk or anything, but he wasn't a bad TE.

The obscurity of his name. I couldn't think of any historically terrible TE's that got playing time so I went with a random meh blast from the past.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:09 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Qb Brett Farve

Rb Marshall faulk 

Wr rice

Wr moss

Wr julio

Wr aj green

Te gronk

Te Gonzalez 

Running the air raid defense, throw the ball deep.

Have fun throwing to the other team, Your QB wouldn't even make GOAT Packers Team or 2nd Team for that matter

3 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

Have fun throwing to the other team, Your QB wouldn't even make GOAT Packers Team or 2nd Team for that matter

Farve 96-98 was pretty special, a head above his pair's, he isn't a bad choice, his peak, by decade is probably similar to Roger's in quality. 

Roger's played after the rule change in the mid 2000s and since offenses became more efficient, I'm not staying Roger's is better, but simply, brett was special and a consensus best qb for a short period.

Brees is the QB. He just is. Though, I know I'll catch flack for this, but Russell Wilson is a tempting choice with the combo of pocket passing, arm strength, efficiency, and mobility.

11 personnel:

Faulk as the RB. His receiving ability is too good to pass up when combined with his elite running traits: superhuman vision, lightning speed, insane acceleration, and hyperawareness. His speed out of the backfield would be perfect for this flavor of offense.

My split end is going to be Moss. He would be a daydream with Brees, and I need his vertical ability without a doubt, given the next two names.

Rice is obviously the flanker in this situation. Best player all-time, hands down, and THE elite route-runner.

I would have Larry Fitzgerald as my slot. Size, the greatest hands ever, superb route-running, and I could really use the extra blocking in this smaller personnel grouping.

My TE is going to be Gronk. He would let my 11 essentially work like a heavy 12.

12 personnel, and it goes Brady, LT, Moss, Julio, Gronk, Gates. I would go twin verticals on the outside while having Gronk vary his routes to open things up for either LT or Gates. Gates is my Mr. Clutch and offers the ability to be a moving H-back. LT offers more by way of short-yardage than Faulk. Sadly, no Rice, because I want defensive coordinators to pee their pants over the pure field-stretching prowess of my outside to move the safeties.

3 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I don't know if a lot of the younger guys on this board are aware of this, but Brett Favre did actually throw a few touchdowns along the way too, between all those interceptions.  In fact, he retired after having passed more touchdown passes than any other person who had ever stepped on an NFL field.  In addition to that, my guess is that when all is said and done, it will be Favre who is remembered as the best Packer QB of all time, not the guy who rode the pine behind him.

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if a lot of the younger guys on this board are aware of this, but Brett Favre did actually throw a few touchdowns along the way too, between all those interceptions.  In fact, he retired after having passed more touchdown passes than any other person who had ever stepped on an NFL field.  In addition to that, my guess is that when all is said and done, it will be Favre who is remembered as the best Packer QB of all time, not the guy who rode the pine behind him.

I'm not going to sit here and say Farve wasn't good at all but IMO he isn't even a Top 10 QB of all time, so shouldn't be on any GOAT team. If I had to take a Packer QB it would be Aaron but my second Choice would be Bart Starr. Farve got all those TD's by being one of the if not the greatest Iron man of all time but He racked up the picks from taking too many risk's

• 2 weeks later...

Archived